shape
carat
color
clarity

Black & White

Kay

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1415651510|3780788 said:
Ok now how about the clasp? I believe I saw in other posts that the PP Orbit clasp can be used to shorten pearls and also make a lariat - is that correct? That might be a good choice for this strand since it'll be 26" long. Chenai is stringing them now temporarily and I can't wait to see neck shots!

I love the Orbit clasps. Chenai warned me when I chose them that they would not work to make a lariat and that the gold link clasp would be a better choice for that use. I went with the Orbits anyway, and used a pearl shortener with the clasp to make a lariat. One morning, I was in a hurry and forgot about using the shortener. I just clipped the clasp between 2 pearls with a little wiggling. I remembered later I wasn't supposed to be able to do that, lol. I've used the clasp to make a lariat a couple of time since then and it doesn't look like I am damaging the pearls. It might make a difference that my drops taper to a narrow end on one side, which might make it easier to work the small opening in the clasp over the thread between the pearls.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
A little off topic, but I adore that bright little pistachio in the asymmetrical one!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Love version 2!!!!! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1415742986|3781549 said:
A little off topic, but I adore that bright little pistachio in the asymmetrical one!

Not off-topic at all. I always notice and like the squat light grey one in the foursome below the one you point out!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo & ckrickett - I like the fact she included those different pearls in the strand! Adds a little fun to it!

Here's another picture from Chenai - final layout. Can't wait for her to send a neck shot!

nov_11_2014_copy.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1415743360|3781556 said:
ckrickett|1415742986|3781549 said:

Not off-topic at all. I always notice and like the squat light grey one in the foursome below the one you point out!

That one;s great too!

and to agree with Pkinnew, special little pearls like that make a statement necklace like this have super personality and make it extra special!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1415803203|3781960 said:
bsomlo & ckrickett - I like the fact she included those different pearls in the strand! Adds a little fun to it!

Here's another picture from Chenai - final layout. Can't wait for her to send a neck shot!

Just perfect, first the SoC Mabe necklace, now this. I swear you are getting some absolutely one of a kind exquisite pieces added to your collection!!!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew, it's gorgeous!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful in the glamour shot.
Have you thought about earrings?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Confection10 and ckrickett! It's great having something you envision come to life!

ennui - I have Tahitian stud earrings and white SS drops so I can save money on earrings. However, Chenai has asked if I want a matching bracelet since she took 2 strands apart for the necklace. OH NO!

Here's the neck shot!

neck_18.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous! Love this necklace.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's perfect!!! I love everything about it. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Edit: and of COURSE you need the bracelet too! :devil:

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! And, GO for the bracelet while you have the chance to have it made to match :)

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, get the bracelet, too!

Select findings that can be connected (did I hear orbit?), and then you could make your necklace into a rope. Versatility!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Of course you need the bracelet, with matching clasps. :lickout:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Adding my thoughts on you getting the bracelet..... and my thoughts are OF COURSE! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :wacko:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1415810404|3782011 said:

Just perfect, first the SoC Mabe necklace, now this. I swear you are getting some absolutely one of a kind exquisite pieces added to your collection!!!

Don't forget the HG ripples! pkinnew -- fabulous collection you are amassing! This looks absolutely gorgeous!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo|1415836076|3782306 said:
ckrickett|1415810404|3782011 said:

Don't forget the HG ripples! pkinnew -- fabulous collection you are amassing! This looks absolutely gorgeous!

Fabulous indeed. I just love this black and white strand Pkinnew. I started imagining about what I would wear with it if it were mine :lol:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback! It's great sharing pearl love with you all because NO ONE ever notices pearls here! Just me and my mirror!!!

I, of course, did go for the matching bracelet with matching link clasps to wear them together long.

Bailey1856 - I've been thinking about what to wear the first time too and after seeing bsomlo's new triples on a red turtleneck I'm leaning that way! I'm thinking definite jewel tones, simple styling. Must go through the closet this weekend in preparation!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Clothes are definitely the canvas to our pearls. Tee hee.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you went long, you could do something like what was featured in the PP blog:

This made me seriously want to save my pennies for a long silver/white strand!

white-_tahitian-pearls_small.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That's my baby! I'll start a thread on it in a little while. I took one look and was smitten!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get that exact strand??? Dang you're fast!!! And here I was hmmming and hawing about it.

That's ok...I can't wait to see it IRL, plus I have saved the pic for inspiration and one day when I'm saved up, I'll get them to make a duplicate for me (that I promise never to wear like an evil twin if I'm ever anywhere near the same place that you are!)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
a) (I seem to be in the a,b,c mode) Someone actually enquired even before I did but didn't purchase it.

b) If you have the exact same one made it would be a delight and honor to wear them in each other's presence. That would be fun!

c) I think I actually have no "c". I just like triples.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well...we are clearly pearly twins at heart between this and the multis! I also have to confess that I looked long and hard at the POJ double strand metallic multicolours based on your fab strand before deciding on the fancy colour shift lavender one instead.

I can't wait to see neck shots!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I will start a new thread later and bow out from pkinnew's thread of her custom beauty...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1415915053|3782863 said:
Thanks everyone for the wonderful feedback! It's great sharing pearl love with you all because NO ONE ever notices pearls here! Just me and my mirror!!!

I, of course, did go for the matching bracelet with matching link clasps to wear them together long.

Bailey1856 - I've been thinking about what to wear the first time too and after seeing bsomlo's new triples on a red turtleneck I'm leaning that way! I'm thinking definite jewel tones, simple styling. Must go through the closet this weekend in preparation!

Of course you did! :clap:

Being able to wear the piece long or short is so handy, depending on the clothing you are wearing. I find that I generally prefer the short+bracelet look, but sometimes long is called for.

Looking forward to seeing this piece on you. :))

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks great in the photo ! That's why I suggested you get one taken .. it's the only way to be sure that you're happy with the way the pattern appears when you are wearing it ! Your necklace looks wonderful and I'm so glad you've gone with the bracelet that you can link up ! So good to have even more versatility ... you will get a lot of wear from these pieces ... can't wait for the home photos !! :appl:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1415735894|3781468 said:
pkinnew|1415651510|3780788 said:
Ok now how about the clasp? I believe I saw in other posts that the PP Orbit clasp can be used to shorten pearls and also make a lariat - is that correct? That might be a good choice for this strand since it'll be 26" long. Chenai is stringing them now temporarily and I can't wait to see neck shots!

I love the Orbit clasps. Chenai warned me when I chose them that they would not work to make a lariat and that the gold link clasp would be a better choice for that use. I went with the Orbits anyway, and used a pearl shortener with the clasp to make a lariat. One morning, I was in a hurry and forgot about using the shortener. I just clipped the clasp between 2 pearls with a little wiggling. I remembered later I wasn't supposed to be able to do that, lol. I've used the clasp to make a lariat a couple of time since then and it doesn't look like I am damaging the pearls. It might make a difference that my drops taper to a narrow end on one side, which might make it easier to work the small opening in the clasp over the thread between the pearls.

I took a picture of my 2 Tahitian strands with the Orbit clasps. I combine 18" + 19" strands to make a 37" rope, which I then wrap around my neck to make a lariat.

lariat_double_without_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results