shape
carat
color
clarity

Black diamond geode earrings are here!

Sorry I haven't posted these sooner as i received them a couple of weeks ago. I ordered them to wear with my black spinel/tahitian pearl necklace. I wanted something that would have black sparkle, but not be too sparkly that it would look too dressy. Although the baroque pearl I chose for the earrings is not as pastel as most of the necklace- the pearl does have an intense green overtone so blends well with all the different colors in the necklace. Findings are white gold, pearl is 12-13mm, and they are lined with 1.5cts of black diamonds.

I found it quite hard to photograph as they would swing around on my ear and it was hard to get them to stay still. They twirl around, so sometimes you see the intense green and other times you see the black diamond geode side. At first I wasn't sure I liked that, but it makes them fun to wear and they also go well with my baroque tahitian strand from the PP earlier sale.

Ok- so here are the pics. First pic is glamour photo from PP.

black_diamond_geode.jpeg

black_diamiond_geode_earrings2.jpeg

black_diamond_geode_earrings.jpeg

black_diamond_geode_earrings3.jpeg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the fact that it swings so viewers can see different aspects of the diamond lined Tahitian! My souffle geodes are on small hoops and while they have movement, they don't turn so the beautiful backs of the souffles are not seen. This is a terrific piece! Modern, flirty, sparkly and lovely.

Enjoy your new earrings and wear them in health. Please post more pictures for us!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
yes, more pics pretty please! those are just awesome! (bsomlo have you thought of having just one or two links added between earring finding and pearl to add just a tiny bit of swing? or would that make them too long?)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
(juliebeth -- I love my current geodes just as they are -- but I'm thinking of future designs...)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thank you LitGeek, bsomio, and baby monster! juliebeth- I will try to take more photos- but they are really tough to photograph-lol. And I can't photograph them with my spinel/tahitian necklace until Christmas as my hubby has whisked them away until then. I will be sure to take lots of pics, though, once I have the set in my hot little hands come Dec. 25th!!!

bsomio- I also love your geodes just as they are! In fact I talked with Hisano about putting these on the larger hoops (since they are smaller tahitians) when we were designing my pair. In the end I opted for the chains as I thought the changing sides would make these a bit less dressy as I tend to think of black diamonds as a more dressy look. I do wish that I had made the chain just a smidge shorter. I usually make my chains 1 and 1/2 inches and that's what I did with this pair, but if I were to do it again I would change the chain length to 1 and 1/4 instead.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I can't wait until after Christmas to see them with your necklace!

My only question is if they feel heavy with all the swinging?

I am going to share something that will probably sound weird, but here goes: I find PP's shepherd hooks to be much finer than other company's, and it seems to make me very sensitive to anything that is heavier or swingy because they seem to pull more on my ear holes than thicker, more substantial hooks seem to. Has anyone else noticed this?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd -- PP has various shepherd's hooks with various thicknesses. I like the more substantial ones, myself.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1418058247|3797707 said:

I am going to share something that will probably sound weird, but here goes: I find PP's shepherd hooks to be much finer than other company's, and it seems to make me very sensitive to anything that is heavier or swingy because they seem to pull more on my ear holes than thicker, more substantial hooks seem to. Has anyone else noticed this?

they are not heavy at all and I cannot wear even moderately heavy earrings so I think if you want some you'd be fine as long as you don't select too large of a pearl. Oh, and I always ask for their more "substantial" shepherd hooks as I find the basic ones too thin as well. ;))

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
These are really beautiful PinkJewel! I really love the way they spin and turn, showing both sides; can't imagine how much better they look in real life, when you add in diamond sparkles, pearl iridescence ... congratulations!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
They look beautiful and in my opinion the extra length makes them more modern.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Those are very cool, sexy earrings! I love that they swing and show both beautiful sides. I look forward to seeing shots with your spinel necklace after Christmas.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pinkjewel - Love those earring they are so cute! I love the fact that they swing. As for the length...it should be easy peasy for a good jeweller to take a few rings off each side. Or mail it back and have them shortened..may as well get it just the way you like it! They will look wonderful with your gorgeous necklace !! Good choice ! :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone!! I will probably leave the length as is as I do like the movement of them. =)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I actually do have earrings with 11-12mm FWs on similar chains but shorter, at a total length of 1.5 inches and they swing a lot. It's hard to imagine they could swing more, so I don't know but maybe shortening them wouldn't make much of a difference on that.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1418135800|3798223 said:
I actually do have earrings with 11-12mm FWs on similar chains but shorter, at a total length of 1.5 inches and they swing a lot. It's hard to imagine they could swing more, so I don't know but maybe shortening them wouldn't make much of a difference on that.

So maybe they would swing the same amount- that's good to know.To me it's just not worth the hassle of changing them for 1/4 inch, especially since the other pairs I own are the 1 and 1/2 inch chain like these are right now. I was mainly mentioning it in case anyone else was thinking of buying a pair. The ones on Hisano's website are already 1 and 1/4- so if I did another one I'd stay with that. =)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1418058247|3797707 said:

I just received the more substantial hooks from PP that I like -- here's a shot with the "finer" hooks the souffles came with and the more substantial hooks I prefer:

earrings_with_different_shepherd_s_hooks.jpg

kylier

Shiny_Rock
Love these so much! Gorgeous! The black diamonds really sparkle and the tahitian has such great color! Congrats, they look great on you!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1418058345|3797709 said:
cmd -- PP has various shepherd's hooks with various thicknesses. I like the more substantial ones, myself.

Good to know! I'll start asking for them in the comment box on future orders.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel, these are stunning, so chic, so black tie :Up_to_something: jealous… I love these.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are beautiful! I love the sparkle from the back diamonds...captured well in your shots. Wear them in good health!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results