shape
carat
color
clarity

Big Dark Metallic Peacock "Edison" Pearl from Pearl Paradise

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to the previews from 4Ranch Girl and NacreLover, I was poised and ready to snatch up this Edison pearl from the Black Friday offerings by Pearl Paradise. The pearl arrived yesterday after dark, so I took it out this morning for a photo shoot under natural lighting. We have damp gray overcast skies today, but the metallic luster and amazing colors of this wonderful pearl should still be apparant.

Enjoy the photos.

This pearl is reflecting me (in a pink robe), my house, my backyard, and the camera, of course. Look at those greens, blues, violets, roses, and purple. I think that salmon on the upper edge is from the salmon stucco of the house in the background.

edison_3828.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Re: Big Dark Metallic Peacock "Edison" Pearl from Pearl Para

The Vendor photo and description.

703x324_0.gif

edison1desc.jpg

edisonspecs.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Doing a slow rotation to show the changing colors.

edison_3927.jpg

edison_3929.jpg

edison_3930.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Photos of the Edison pearl hanging down. The shape and placement of the one dull spot reminds me of the Big Red Spot on Jupiter. ;-)

edison_3933.jpg

edison_3937.jpg

edison_3939.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

That's gorgeous!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

sweet! loving the size!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

I took these neck shots of the Edison along with my formerly big pearl pendant. This is a metallic green Tahitian drop pearl from Pearl Society on Ebay and set by designer/jeweler T Lee. The green beads are Tsavorite Garnets. The green Tahitian is 14mm high and 13 mm wide, and looks totally outclassed by the 17.5mm Edison.

I guess I have a new favorite "big" pearl pendant. :))

edison_3945.jpg

edison_3945a.jpg

edison_3960.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I opened this on my cell phone while my husband was filling his truck up with Diesel. I said audibly... OMG. I love your new Edison fly girl. It has all the colors of the rainbow and some things. I can't believe how large it is compaired to your tahitian. WOW!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

NacreLover|1354384568|3319978 said:
I opened this on my cell phone while my husband was filling his truck up with Diesel. I said audibly... OMG. I love your new Edison fly girl. It has all the colors of the rainbow and some things. I can't believe how large it is compaired to your tahitian. WOW!
Thank you, NacreLover. Aren't those rosy violets amazing? I was trying to get an Edison that was more on the rosy blue side of the spectrum, and less on the green copper side, and I love that I succeeded. Thank you again for enabling us pearl lovers here on PS.

Thank you, seaurchin and MZ. Yes, this is a BIG pearl. Wow! :bigsmile:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Flygirl, I was wondering, Is the pearl picking up the turquoise from your shirt, or is it that color with other tanks?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It looks fabulous on you! Love the colors in it and the luster!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

NacreLover|1354385517|3320005 said:
Flygirl, I was wondering, Is the pearl picking up the turquoise from your shirt, or is it that color with other tanks?
The bottom of the pearl picks up the surrounding colors. It is salmon in some of the first shots, and yes, it is picking up the color of my shirt in the last shot. The body color to me looks to be aubergine. I raised the camera a bit in this shot to show a more of the pin at the top, so the bottom of the pearl isn't showing as much.

Thank you, also, baby nurse.

edison_3960a.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Fly Girl, this is one amazing pearl! What interesting colors in the pearl itself and I love how it reflects the surrounding colors.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

baby monster|1354386481|3320010 said:
Wow, Fly Girl, this is one amazing pearl! What interesting colors in the pearl itself and I love how it reflects the surrounding colors.
Thank you, baby monster. It is much more metallic than I was expecting.

I just snapped another shot of the pearl with a navy blue sweater. Still a rainy, overcast day.

I'm wondering now what this pearl will look like on a sunny day if it looks this interesting on a cloudy day?

edison_0.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Wow, beautiful! It actually looks better in person than the photos. Don't you love it when that happens.
You may feel it outclasses the Tahitian, but I kind of like the two of them together.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Oh FlyGirl I am so glad you got that pearl. :mrgreen: It is so much fun for me to see all of the truly incredible pearls on the women here on PS. Enjoy your new beauty and thanks for all of the pictures.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, it looks really different with the blue sweater, but just as beautiful! I'd almost say it was a different pearl. It seems seems very versatile.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

flygirl, Do you have a hot pink or fuscia top? More pix please.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

NacreLover|1354455987|3320443 said:
Ha. I do not wear hot pink or fuscia. :praise:

I'll take some more pictures once the sun comes out. It is still overcast here today. :))

In the meantime, how about some pictures of your new Edison pendant? :devil:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Flygirl, Mine shipped last Friday and it is sitting at the FedEX hub in Memphis now. Hope to have it soon. You should be able to hear my scream when I open the box... :razz: :love: :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl|1354466479|3320540 said:
NacreLover|1354455987|3320443 said:
Ha. I do not wear hot pink or fuscia. :praise:

I'll take some more pictures once the sun comes out. It is still overcast here today. :))

The sun finally came out today. While I don't own hot pink clothing, I do have this medium pink sweater, which will have to do. I shot this photo at sunset. The pearl is reflecting not only the sweater, but some of the orange sky at sunset.

I keep trying different chains. Today it was my padparadscha sapphire rondelle strand.

Gosh, I love this pearl. :love:

edison_4000.jpg

edison_4000a.jpg

edison_4000b.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

it's gorgeous!! I love how it reflects the colors you're wearing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

pinkjewel|1354662407|3322594 said:
it's gorgeous!! I love how it reflects the colors you're wearing.
Thank you, pinkjewel. I'm also realizing that the way the pin was set, those pretty green and blue areas are centered in the front. My sweet metallic gumdrop.

Actually, I'm thinking that instead of calling this my "Edison" pearl (named after the prolific inventor, who invented many things, but not pearls), I'm going to call mine my "Jupiter" pearl. :praise:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Flygirl, boy that pearl is a chameleon. I accentuates any top you wear it with. What other colors do you have to show us... Loving this pearl of yours.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Wow, how fun to see this thread from a year ago! That pearl is incredible. My favorite shot is with the pink sweater and sunset.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1387162664|3575028 said:
Wow, how fun to see this thread from a year ago! That pearl is incredible. My favorite shot is with the pink sweater and sunset.
Thank you, bsomlo. It seems that the Edison pearls are lighter in color this year. I'm glad I picked up this aubergine beauty when I did. You don't always know when you purchase a pearl just how much it will be worn. I am happy to report that this pretty continues to be a favorite in my pearly rotation.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

It's lovely. :appl:

Sorry if I missed this, is it natural in color if it's freshwater? I'm still new on the Edison pearls...

Gorgeous! Love it.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Wow I missed this thread completely ! (and I don't know how anyone can miss that pearl !)

What a beauty !! And the poor little Tahitian lol Who would think it could look small ??? That is a massive pearl and quite spectacular! It looks beautiful with those pink sapphires! That was a great find! :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Lol I didn't realize this thread was from a year ago until I read 4RG's post. I was totally amazed by your stunningly beautiful Edison and I kept thinking "how on earth did I miss these Edisons?". Thrilled to hear you have worn it a lot and continue to enjoy its beauty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results