shape
carat
color
clarity

best places to get started on buying pearls

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

wife has no pearls, and I'm going to start her out. I am thinking about getting her a set of earrings for her birthday. I would like to know whom has the best deals and selections, I like a set I've found at Pearl Paradise 6.5-7.0 mm White Freshadama Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings. How is this for a first set and who else offers pearls for us to consider? Is there also any price scope discounts at any of the retailers or suppliers like there is on diamonds?

Thanks,
Ravin

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it's a lovely thing for you to buy ! Pearls are fabulous and never date. And to get the best quality means you won't be trading up later.

For me the size would be a bit small to be honest. I think you might consider moving it up to 8 or 9 at least. If you get the right pearls then they are for a lifetime...if you get some that are too small you may end up getting larger ones later. Go for the right size and the best way to tell is go into a store and have a look. 7mm is pretty small in real life .

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice Ravin, but I would buy larger pearls if they are in you budget. 8mm and up may be a better choice. Which overtone are you looking at?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with other posters here. I would go a little larger mm and definitely get Freshadamas if you can afford it. PP is going to have a blow out sale this weekend so you could end up getting a lot more for your money if you shop Fri and/or Mon!

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
I'm like that suggested pair! Wife isn't a big jewelry wearer and I am thinking classic whites as I understand they go with everything and are timeless, where do I sign up for PP email at? I can't find the link on my iPhone right now and hope to order a set in short order as her birthday is Dec 4th!

Thanks,
Ravin

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know where the link is for the IPhone but you might want to look for "Sign Up for the Newsletter" link?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, if you don't want to await to order due to your tight time frame, you can save $5 with the Pearl Points code on this page:
http://www.pearlparadise.com/t-PointsProgram.aspx

You may save money by waiting for discounts but you may then have to spend more for faster shipping. If you order now with the Pearl Points code you may get it in time with their free shipping. After Black Friday they will be swamped with orders and shipping will probably be slower.

Ravinmad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, got signed up for the newsletter. I would love it if I could get the black friday deal or pricing and work something out to have them tuesday of the next week with like Fedex 2 day or 3 day shipping.

now only if there was some sort of BFADS for Pearl Paradise I'd be all set! :?: I hope they send me an email or newsletter soon, when was the last one anyone of you guys have gotten?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I recall, usually the holiday specials and the 15% discounts are not issued at the same time. Site-wide discount codes are usually for things already on the website, not on special sale items, and often precede the specials. And Pearl Points can't be used for special sale items.

As far as what is going to be on sale on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I know they have posted they are going to be selling metallic soufflé pearls, at least-- unusal collector type items. I doubt the pearl earrings you want to buy are going to be on special.

JMO but I think you are better off ordering now with the Pearl Points code and getting either the free shipping or paying for the faster shipping (yes, they offer it, I think it's $18?)

The last time we had a discount code was in late october and it expired just before the November special appeared on Nov. 1st.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Rabin. If you Facebook go there and friend PP. They have specials there and may give discount codes you're looking for there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results