shape
carat
color
clarity

Baroque Blue Akoya Necklace Owners- Question

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I just got a really amazing baroque blue akoya necklace from PP (I'll post pictures in a day or so) and I absolutely LOVE them; but, I'm not quite sure what earrings would go best with them. I see PP has some round blue akoya earrings; but, I don't think they have the same flashes of color these baroque beauties do. I would love to hear from others who have similar strands. What kind of earrings do you think look best with them?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ltlmsmfft|1399584122|3668633 said:
I just got a really amazing baroque blue akoya necklace from PP (I'll post pictures in a day or so) and I absolutely LOVE them; but, I'm not quite sure what earrings would go best with them. I see PP has some round blue akoya earrings; but, I don't think they have the same flashes of color these baroque beauties do. I would love to hear from others who have similar strands. What kind of earrings do you think look best with them?
Could you custom order baroque blue akoya studs or dangles from PP? They'd be able to match them up to your necklace very closely.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wear my round silver blue akoya studs from Pearl Paradise along with my baroque blue akoya necklace. I love the look of round pearl studs and the silvery color.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
If you are concerned about the colors, speak to PP directly to ask them to find you the blue round akoya with orient.
I personally am not into matching sets. I wear the strand with diamonds studs or simple gold earrings.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I had two pearls from one strand set aside and had them made into dangle earrings. Otherwise, I wear my diamond studs.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have two strands with pink overtones. I looked at their matched pairs of loose earring stock and found the most prominent pink overtones and made them into dangle earrings. The easiest and more than likely best option would be to find two in your strand that match and have them made into wire wrapped dangles, although they may have some loose pearls there in stock that may be just what you're looking for.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I would mix it up a bit and go with silver tahitians or wear white South Sea or white akoya studs. GLD!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1399623804|3668905 said:
The easiest and more than likely best option would be to find two in your strand that match and have them made into wire wrapped dangles, although they may have some loose pearls there in stock that may be just what you're looking for.

What Nacrelover said.

I wear mine with silver maluku dangles, but if you want to match them, either get two taken off your strand or email Hisano and ask her if they have any loose.

Meanwhile, enjoy those beauties!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
A bit horrible, but I bought a strand 6-7 years ago and have never worn them. Partially because I don't known what to wear them with and partially the length.

I think diamond studs would look great. Not as matchy matchy.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1399646972|3669037 said:
A bit horrible, but I bought a strand 6-7 years ago and have never worn them. Partially because I don't known what to wear them with and partially the length.

I think diamond studs would look great. Not as matchy matchy.

I love those baroque Akoyas - I have been wearing them on most days ever since I got them. At work, on weekends etc ... somehow they go with everything.
How long is your strand? Maybe you should consider re-stringing them to a length at which you would wear them. It is a pity if the strand is left sitting in the safe.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your replies and advice! I'm leaning towards understated diamond studs or having a special pair made from their loose stock. I'm going to mull it over for a few weeks before deciding. The strand is so lovely, I want it to be the piece that stands out. I'm also tossing around the idea of small opal studs. I think the pastel flecks of pink and blue might compliment the necklace nicely. I'm going to post pictures in a new thread. :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just received a Japanese baroque akoya necklace from POJ. I had asked Kevin to take two pearls out of the strand and make them into dangling earring jackets. I am pleased that they "match" the strand and allow me to wear my diamond studs, which are very neglected nowadays:

poj_japanese_blue_akoya_earring_jacket.jpg

poj_japanese_blue_akoya_earring_jackets_--_details.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, bsomlo. Love those earring jackets.

I gotta say, it is nice when you like wearing strands that are slightly shorter than standard, since it is a happy option to remove a pair of pearls for earrings. Right now I'm sitting on an awesome baroque blue akoya strand from Kevin's previous sale that is still unstrung, because I need to figure out a way to make it longer. I've been kicking around the tin-cup idea, necklace and bracelet (and maybe earrings as well???) :?:

There are so many different options with pearls. :))

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo, I love your earrings! I especially love the convertible aspect of them.

So, I ended up settling on diamonds for now; but, white diamond studs are not in my budget right now or any time soon. That kind off turned out to be a good thing though, because that led me to a new favorite...blue diamonds! I got a teeny, tiny pair (1/4ct total weight) and I have to say the deep midnight blue looks stunning with the blue akoyas! I would love to have a pair of blue akoya earrings custom made with blue diamonds; but, that will have to wait for 2015. *sigh*. Anyway, I'll post a couple of pics below.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the face shot. I had a hard time trying to get the earrings and necklace in while takeing the pic myself. The earrings are so tiny. They look more prominent in person though and I can trade up to a bigger size later when I have more $$$.

_18332.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Tiny blue diamonds and blue akoyas. I love the contrast between the midnight blue and baby blue.

_18333.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I don't even know if this is possible; but, I think a large mm strand of baroque blue akoyas would look really amazing with tiny blue diamonds set in the pearls like Hisano did with the Celestial collection.

_18334.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I just have to share one more thing. I was window shopping in Tiffanys this weekend and I was wearing the blue akoyas. The SA behind the diamond counter went out of his way to comment on the necklace and wanted to know where I got it. I have NEVER gone into any jewelry store, let alone Tiffanys and had any SA be impressed by the jewelry I had on. It made me feel like a queen to be able to impress a Tiffany SA who stands over amazingly, sparkly diamonds all day long. These akoyas were the best buy ever!!! :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The pearls are really beautiful! I love the shapes, luster and overtones. The blue diamonds are a nice compliment to the blue baroques.

Enjoy and wear in good health!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Your blues are just beautful. You will enjoy these beauties for many years to come. Before I had matching blue akoya earrings I would wear diamond studs or blue topaz earrings never thought to wear my blue diamonds with them. I bet you walked out of Tiffany's feeling ten feet tall with your feet not touching the ground. Congratulations.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Your blue pearls are lovely, and you've given me some great ideas for earring possibilities ... my strand of blue akoyas should arrive next week :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a bran new blue Akoya owner and, at least for now, I plan to wear it with my diamond studs. I do have detachable dangles similar to Bsolmo's, but with Tahitians, will have to try them with the neckalce, though I"m not sure they'd go together. Yours are beautiful and look great with the blue diamonds!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the title of this thread made me come begging for photos. Three of the best words, but strung together (get it, strung together?) "baroque" and "blue" and "akoya"? OMG, gorgeous! I had never heard of blue akoyas before. Yours are so delicate and so beautiful and they look great on you. Are blue akoyas relatively new, or have I just had my head in the sand?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results