shape
carat
color
clarity

Bachelorette Nick's Mom's Pearls

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I was watching the Hometown Date's for Andi's season last night on Hulu and fell in love with Nick's Mom's pearls. Any thoughts on what mm these might be? Do you think they were one long strand or do you think they are strung as a multiple strand on one clasp? If so what inches do you think do you think each strand might be? I would love to have a replica of these. I thought they looked so elegant.

nick_family.png

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The top and bottom strands look larger than the middle two. I'd say larger pearls are 9-10 and smaller 6-7. It's a bit hard to say if it's separate strands or one strand with clasp in the back. I'd guess that it's 2 doubled strands - one smaller, one larger. But if you're designing it, you can have a 4 strand clasp put in the back so it lays nicely. PP had a choker type necklace for one of their specials and there was a picture posted somewhere here.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I did not even consider the possibility that it might be two strands. I found this picture on the web; but, when I get home tonight I am going to watch the show again and see if I can get a close up picture on my cell taken from the television. They are definitely large pearls. This was a real statement necklace. I swear I couldn't see anything else on screen but there pearls. :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, happens to me all the time. In the last Bond movie, Judy Dench had very nice pearls. I kept losing track of the plot because I was mesmerized by the pearls.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Ok I took a couple of shots from the tv that show the pearls better.

_20059.jpg

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I noticed the upper strand seems to lay a bit higher than the lower three. Do you think there is any way this is one long rope? Maybe the upper strand is its own necklace and the lower three are a triple strand?

_20060.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are good possibilities. In these shots, the pearls also seem closer in size than the first photo.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My guess is it is one long rope and it shifted a bit, making the top strand tighter. This is my personal pet peeve with doubling, or more, a rope. You need just the right clip in back, or else the strands shift and you keep adjusting throughout the day.

If you really like this look, I'd have it strung as two doubles, then you could wear the smaller one, or the longer one, or both together to get the four strand look.

iguanatan

Rough_Rock
I literally just finished that episode.

Totally agree it is two separate strands. The top strand is a strand of its own. It also had a pinker hue than the rest in my opinion. Agree the smaller about 6-7 and the upper a couple mm larger. :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
baby monster|1404927845|3709844 said:
Yes, happens to me all the time. In the last Bond movie, Judy Dench had very nice pearls. I kept losing track of the plot because I was mesmerized by the pearls.

That is spot on..she had great pearls and like you I think I missed bits of the movie cause I was watching her neck lol

Julia Louise Dreyfuss on Veep has really nice pearl necklaces as well !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results