shape
carat
color
clarity

Assistance with freshwater necklace please :)

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. Thanks to you who have helped me in the prior few days. I am now planning to purchase a 16" freshwater pearl necklace (and probably also some freshwater button earrings or smaller round studs). I was initially thinking about branching out from PP, when I remembered the 20% black friday sale (I have emailed PP to ask them to re-add me to their mailing list). I was thinking about the following necklace, in 16" (my beloved is very petite and rather thin - so I thought 16" would look better than 18").

https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-100-65-70-mm-white-freshwater-pearl-necklace.aspx

My question is might anyone be able to dig me up a thread link to see someone who has purchased this PP strand? It seems a popular necklace, and I would just love to see how it looks on the neck. For $80 (after 20% off) it seems like a nice bang for the buck. Also, I was thinking of just going with the AA quality, as the recipient is by no means a perfectionist, and will certainly not care in the difference between AA and AAA.

Thanks so much for your assistance!!!!! :appl:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a necklace from PP that is very similar to that one at a Christmas special one year. It was 6.5-7.5mm, AA/AA+ and 18" long.

It's quite lustrous, and although the pearls are not perfectly round, they look round when worn. I am not petite, so given what you said about her size and build, a 16" strand should be long enough. Or 17", even.

smaller_strand_to_post_on_pricescope.jpg

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Thank you so very much pearlsngems for being so very helpful to me today. That pic is exactly what I am looking for. I think I will go ahead and buy that from PP. I had contemplated paying the extra $36 to get AAA, but I like that you had said that the AA+ look round when worn. I would rather save that $36 to get something else for her. If I were buying for me, I would def go AAA, but I am a perfectionist, and she is not (and I am a guy.... haha.... so no pearls for me). Her neck is very slim. I think the 16" should be great. I was actually even contemplating choker length, but cannot find that, and I think that 16" is more of a classic, everyday look. She will be thrilled. She has no pearls and very little real jewelry. Thanks again! :D :D :D :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results