shape
carat
color
clarity

Are my loose pearls all too similar in coloring?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies,

I've 2 questions but I'm in a hurry so I hope my questions make sense and don't seem abrupt.

1. I just bought a pearl but I thought it was sold last tuesday. Its product number falls within those sold last tuesday. Did anyone see it on sale last tuesday? I'm alright with a return pearl after all it hasn't been drilled. My 2 concerns are if it's blemished hence the return, or difficulty in setting hence the return. The head tip is really too long. I know beehive pendant can cover it but I bought it specifically for the silver tip. A beehive pendant will cover the silver tip. If anyone of you was the previous buyer and returned it, can you please share why you returned it? Is it due to setting difficulty? Blemish? Any other reason?

2. I can't read pearl colors. To me, it seems that all my pearls are around the same color. Aubergine and blue and green, just in different proportions. I don't have pastel colors or light silver color. Are my 3 loose pearls too similar in coloring?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
These pearls are all from the same lot and yes, they all have similar colors. I love the green bodies. Silver body pearls are a lot more common. I purchased a rope and a strand and two loose pearls, because I think it will be a long time before we see pearls this good and at these great prices again. I'd play up the wonderful and unique shapes of these pearls. How about setting them in a triple pendant but have each pearl hanging from its own small chain at different lengths? I think it will make a stunning pendant because these are gorgeous pearls.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thecat,

I don't remember seeing your new pearl before, and I've been on daily (hourly) since the sale started, so I don't think it's a return. It might be one that they held back to offer those who double bid on ones and who were later told that they missed out, and which no one picked. Personally, I think it's beautiful, and it plus your squat one are my two favorites of what you bought. If you want to return one. My vote would be for the bottom fat drop.

Because they are similar in colour, you could put them together...but each could also be set on their own. I actually think your new one and the rounder one could look fabulous in a drop style pendant, with maybe a small freshwater pearl accent. You could do the drop, tip up, then a feshie, and then the round, either tip up or down. I don't think PP will have any difficulty drilling the top of your pointy silver tipped one. Or, you could set it tip down, underneath the round one, either with an accent pearl, or not.

But since you have 90 days to return, why not step back, take a breath, and call PP to talk to someone for advice about setting options. After all, they are 1) experts in this, and 2) are the only ones who have seen the pearls in person. They will hold it for you while you decide, and they really won't mind.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think all 3 are perfectly lovely and interesting ... PP will have great advice on setting, as well as the wonderful ladies here :) Now, if you decide that middle fat little round pearl doesn't work for you, just give me a shout out :)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, thanks for reminding me that they are from the same lot hence many will have similar coloring.

NacreLover, I love your new pearl. So pinkish!

Cmd, thanks for styling suggestions. So many choices!

CRDKeshi, you're 3rd in line for the circled pearl after Icy Jade and Cmd. I'm not sure what to do with it yet.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, all of the posted pearls. the cat I agree with cmd2014, I don't think it's a return I have not seen that pearl

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thecat:

I just got my smaller pearl (10.3mm described measurement). This one:

It's quite delicate as a solitaire. If yours are of similar size, you may want to do a combo for more impact. Mine looks like this on:

_22122.jpg

_22123.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1410227618|3747427 said:
It's quite delicate as a solitaire. If yours are of similar size, you may want to do a combo for more impact. Mine looks like this on:

Your pearl looks great on you and it has nice coloring. A bit of golden flash, lovely :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - Your pendant is perfect for everyday wear! Classic & classy!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pkinnew & Thecat!

All day it has been giving me the most exceptional golden flash from the bottom of the pearl. That is not a reflection, it's the actual colour of the pearl. It's a vivid green with a beautiful golden overtone that dances across the bottom. I am so happy I changed my mind at the last minute and went for the YG setting! It's also been funny, because I work surrounded by women, and my clients are almost exclusively women, and while there have always been a few fellow jewelry lovers who have noticed my new strands over the past several weeks, today EVERYBODY noticed and commented on my pendant. I paired it with some textured YG hoop earrings that I love.

I'm excited to see the next batch of releases.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results