shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Recognize this Jeweler/Jewelry Store

BlackPearlDudeDC

Rough_Rock
Many year's ago back in Virginia I came across this little piggy in the back of TOWN & COUNTRY magazine, it always stayed in the back of my mind. I don't recall the jewelry store, but I do remember it was exclusive to that jewelry store. They also had a puppy and an elephant if I recall correctly. I believe the store was located in Washington DC.

Thanks in advance with any ideas.

BPDD

piggy-pendant_copy.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's a tough call, since T&C features amazing jewelry in every issue. Since you have the photo, do you have an issue date? Was it an editorial feature, or an advertisement?

Whichever, this isn't the kind of item you're going to find with an internet search, unfortunately.

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
I'm pretty sure that this piece is by a jeweler named Dallas Pridgen, based in NC.
He's well-known for his animal jewelry, especially the pigs - he has a series called "When Pigs Fly" that has a pendant that looks almost identical to this, and he adds pearls and other stones to his work. That pendant/necklace is one of his best sellers, I believe.
He has a website and if you click on 'Animal Jewelry', then Pigs, you should see some representative pieces.

I don't know where his pieces are or were sold, but you can now order throug the website. He also advertises in the New Yorker magazine.

(I have no vested interest in his jewelry, nor have I ever owned any; I just recognized the style and piece from years of seeing his small ads in the magazine.)

Hope this helps.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I went to Dallas Pridgen's site, and didn't see anything that looked like this.

The pig looks like 18K. I like the texture with the polished feet.

Of course, Trifari and Kenneth Jay Lane do a lot of pearl belly critters. :naughty:

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
ennui (and OP) --

I could very well be wrong...I was just commenting based on my memory of seeing many (many) years of Pridgen's ads and work in the magazine. Of course, my visual memory could be fuzzy or downright incorrect. Nevertheless, something about the above photo reminded me immediately of DP's work from long ago.

Just trying to be helpful in the search. Feel free to ignore if not.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I wish our OP had simply saved the ad.

I suppose you could email all of the jewelers in the DC area and ask if they recognize the pig.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I tried to look for this but couldn't find anything. do you remember what year this photo was taken? It would help with the search

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I should learn how to do a reverse image search.

It's curious, if you hover over the image, it says "add to cart," but nothing happens when I click on it.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1435270518|3894360 said:
I should learn how to do a reverse image search.

It's curious, if you hover over the image, it says "add to cart," but nothing happens when I click on it.

It's part of their "Archives" so I think that they no longer have that in stock. They should have removed the "Add to Cart" option from the page so it's just bad UI.

BlackPearlDudeDC

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone that responded! Khoury Bros of course!!!!! Makes sense why the location was so familiar to me!
(The reverse search did not even occur to me). I forgot about it being discontinued.

Btw I am also in no way affiliated with the company.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results