shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice re. Lavender Pearls

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I'd like to get a large pair of lavender pearl studs from Pearl Paradise. But I'm confused because they have the metallic lavender and the Freshadama lavender, and each color looks different on the website. I don't find that the web pics give a great idea, and I searched for lavender studs on here but couldn't find any.

But from what I can see, it seems that the metallics are a darker, cooler, silvery color, whereas the Freshadama lavenders are lighter and closer to a pink than the metallics.

I'm looking for a lavender that's more pink than dark and silvery.

Which would you recommend? Does anyone have the Freshadama lavenders? I did find some pix of metallic lavender strands, and they looked like I said above, dark and silvery. Sort of with plum undertones.

If anybody has pix of the Freshadama lavender studs or the metallic lavender in daylight, that would be great!

Thank you in advance for your help!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Jane there is so many lavenders they range from pink lavender to blue lavender with all shades in between plus then you have to add in all the overtones. The best way to get what you want is to make a call and explain which one you are looking for and have them pull a couple and send you a side by side picture. What someone else has might be totally different than what they actually have.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, those photos are not of the exact pearls you will get. They are a representative photo. The actual pearl color varies with every pair.

Remember, these are natural creations, and not a manufactured jewel, so they will vary. I have a pair of freshadama lavender earrings, and they go pretty well with my metallic lavender necklace and bracelet. My necklace has redder overtones, the bracelet has bluer overtones, except for the center pearl, and the earrings are slightly less metallic and look a bit more bronzy to me. So, not a perfect, perfect match, but I didn't see the point in buying another pair just to tweak the color slightly.

So, it all depends, so see what they have that you might like.

metallicsam_1.jpg

pp_7.jpg

pp_8.jpg

pp2_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with 4RanchGirl -- "lavender" ranges from light pink to dark lavender and everything in-between with overtones of green and brown possible. Ask PP for the shade you want and ask for some side-by-side pictures.

Metallics are great for their metallic luster -- but that doesn't speak to the shade and overtone.

My triple lavender strand made of AAA pearls (neither freshadama nor metallic) had six pearls removed for earrings and look at the three very different shades of "lavender" that were in the original triple used to make the earrings. And these are only 3 of the rainbow of lavender shades that are in the original necklace -- some more pink, some more blue, some more brown, some more grey:

Fly Girl -- beautiful lavender set!!!

Have fun!

pp_lavender_earrings_with_matched_lavenders.jpg

pp_lavender_with_diamonds_0.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
I have a metallic lavender pearls from POJ - both a strand and earrings. hth~

lavender_metallic_fwps_2.jpg

metallic_lavendar_fwp_earrings_2.jpg

If I was looking for lavender earrings, I would specifically ask for the overtone and body color and let the vendors show you pictures of what they have in stock. There's too much variation in "lavender" shades....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few years ago Jeremy at PP cleared out their drawers for leftover odd pearls and sold them in bags of 200g or so bags of mixed colours and grades for those who made their own jewellery, myself included.

Mine came with a mixture of peachy to blue lavender pearls, and I knew then that I could wear blue lavenders but not the peachy ones, as the latter did not suit my skin tone, me being oriental.

As the others have already mentioned there are different shades of lavender, therefore, choose the one that suit your skin tone and preference.

DK :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mapo -- your green tinged lavender studs are fantastic!

Fly Girl -- the sharp luster on yours blow me away.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the advice, everybody! I am going to do as suggested and call PP, asking for a pair that are toward the lighter and pinker end of the spectrum.

And thank you so much for posting photos! I really do appreciate it a lot.

cyndayco

Rough_Rock
dk168|1407578436|3729079 said:
A few years ago Jeremy at PP cleared out their drawers for leftover odd pearls and sold them in bags of 200g or so bags of mixed colours and grades for those who made their own jewellery, myself included.

DK :))

Any chance Jeremy will do that again?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Somebody find me if Jeremy "cleans out drawers of leftover pearls" again LOL! I've learned too that some lavenders work for me and some don't; a lovely but tricky color to wear.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mapo|1407561247|3729007 said:
I have a metallic lavender pearls from POJ - both a strand and earrings. hth~

lavender_metallic_fwps_2.jpg

metallic_lavendar_fwp_earrings_2.jpg

If I was looking for lavender earrings, I would specifically ask for the overtone and body color and let the vendors show you pictures of what they have in stock. There's too much variation in "lavender" shades....

Gorgeous! Looks fabu on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results