shape
carat
color
clarity

9-10mm Frashadama earrings with silver overtone

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Figured I'd post some photos.
I had to warm up to these. They are the 9.5 to 10mm freshadama studs with silver overtones. Although in some light they have a little pink. But you know how pearls sort of change a little depending on the light source. I didn't love them right out of the box. I had to try them in a few different rooms and on my ears before I got a feel for them. I am loving this size but probably wouldn't go bigger. Not because they wouldn't look right, but I can actually feel them on my ears as opposed to the 8mm metallics I usually wear.
First photo is right out of the box.

_2121.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
A shot with my metallics which are a creamy color. When I look at them together I realize that my metallics are actually sort of an unusual color. I love how they seem to have green in them. But I love my new ones too even with their more typical pearl color. My new rhodolite earrings are in the background :)

_2122.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah. I tried these with a few types of backs. They need BIG backs to keep them in place. Threw in my peach metallic buttons, which were one of last years specials at PP.

_2123.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Innerkitten, what is it that you didn't like when you first saw them? The size or color tone? My feeling is if you don't like them initially- then maybe they aren't the right pair for you. Since PP has such a good return policy-live with them for a little while and see what you think. I'm sure if you decide to return them-you'll be able to find a pair that make your heart sing. ;))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I also wondered what it was you didn't like. I think they look great on you. The larger ones might need larger backs and aren't as comfortable, but they're more showy. I like smaller ones for everyday and the larger ones for either special occasions or when I just feel like being a bit more dramatic.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies! Yes I agree about the size. The larger ones are a little more showy which is fun. But I will stick to my smaller ones for every day.

I really had to search my mind for what the issue was because I wasn't quite sure and I don't have much to compare them too. They are round, very shiny, I see no flaws, I can even see myself in them and I love the size. But somethings not right with the color or maybe it's the luster, I can't quite pin point it. There isn't as much going on with the surface of the pearl as there could be.You know how when you pick up a pearl there are all types of interesting things happening on the pearl? But perhaps this is the best a white round freshadama can do?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1354377491|3319900 said:
Hey ladies! Yes I agree about the size. The larger ones are a little more showy which is fun. But I will stick to my smaller ones for every day.

I really had to search my mind for what the issue was because I wasn't quite sure and I don't have much to compare them too. They are round, very shiny, I see no flaws, I can even see myself in them and I love the size. But somethings not right with the color or maybe it's the luster, I can't quite pin point it. There isn't as much going on with the surface of the pearl as there could be.You know how when you pick up a pearl there are all types of interesting things happening on the pearl? But perhaps this is the best a white round freshadama can do?

Yeah, once you see and wear multicolored varieties, white pearls may not hold the same visual interest. They're still great pearls just not as exciting. That said, IMO those look great on you but I like larger size pearls that have more presence.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are getting quite the collection! :appl:
love the lobe shot!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1354378914|3319918 said:
innerkitten|1354377491|3319900 said:

Yeah, once you see and wear multicolored varieties, white pearls may not hold the same visual interest. They're still great pearls just not as exciting. That said, IMO those look great on you but I like larger size pearls that have more presence.
Thats what I'm thinking. Practically every pearl I own is a slightly usual shape or color etc. Round white pearls are different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results