carat
color
clarity

50" Multicolor Tahitian and white SS baroque Rope from PP

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: 50" Multicolor Tahitian and white SS baroque Rope from P

Your updated strand is amazing. I love being able to see different overtones in your strand :appl: . Your strand made me realise that I prefer many different overtones in a necklace.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Spectacular!

Do you use shorteners to keep it in place?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse - I cannot get enough of these pictures or your rope! I will revisit often lol!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thecat|1409277785|3741124 said:
Your updated strand is amazing. I love being able to see different overtones in your strand :appl: . Your strand made me realise that I prefer many different overtones in a necklace.

Thank you, thecat! I think the different overtones really add visual interest.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1409280270|3741152 said:
Spectacular!

Do you use shorteners to keep it in place?

Thank you, baby monster! I haven't used a shortener but I have one and may use it because it does move around a lot.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pkinnew|1409312012|3741266 said:
baby nurse - I cannot get enough of these pictures or your rope! I will revisit often lol!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, pkinnew :)) . I will add more-- it's very photogenic!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

I agree, we need more photos, both close-ups and overviews, of this gorgeous piece!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse|1409273056|3741073 said:
Here are a few more pictures of my rope!

Oh my!!! :love: :love: :love: Your Ts looks even more amazing in these pictures, the colors are absolutely gorgeous!!! Big congrats and wear in good health!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, LitGeek :wavey: !

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Oh, I love the new pictures. The colors are glorious. :love:

I also want to see more pictures. Would you be willing to take styling requests for photos? I would love to see how a long harvest strand with that clasp looks styled as a double with a lariat in front and also folded in half with the tail pulled through the loop, like the Andy Muller photo below. Pretty please.

tahitians__andy_muller_2.jpg

gellner_mermaid_y_rope_4.jpg

multicolor_baroque_south_sea_pearl_0.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here are your styling requests, Kay!

kay7.jpg

kay8.jpg

_21794.jpg

kay6.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

Yikes, Baby Nurse you are Rock'n those rope looks too, Love It!!!!!!!! :appl:

Ok… now I am sold, I have to have silver tahitians in my future rope with the greens. You are making me spend :wall:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: thank you, Frost Me!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:love: :love: :love: !!!

You're killing me! SUCH a gorgeous strand. I really like that clasp. Super versatile given that you can use it as a shortener!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

Uh-oh! I sense a "rope throwdown"!!!

You guys should start a thread on rope styling with a subcategory of Tahitian rope styling.

baby nurse -- WOW! I love the second look and those clasps are perfect for this style! Can you hang a pearl, somehow, dangling from the closed clasp ends?

Kay

Ideal_Rock

baby nurse|1409367074|3741840 said:

Yay! Thank you so much! :appl:

I really love the second look that is styled like the Andy Muller photo on you. Did it feel like that style would stay in place? HHPmom tried the same style with her 60" rope on the "HHPmom - took your advice" thread and she said she had to knot it so the loop part would not slip.

I really love your rope, and that clasp is great for styling options. I really want a long rope now -- I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

Kay

Ideal_Rock

bsomlo|1409369676|3741862 said:

You guys should start a thread on rope styling with a subcategory of Tahitian rope styling.

baby nurse -- WOW! I love the second look and those clasps are perfect for this style! Can you hang a pearl, somehow, dangling from the closed clasp ends?

A rope styling thread sounds great.

I was also wondering about hanging a dangling pearl from the clasp ends. I expect the clasp side that opens could hold most pendants, but the closed loop would only work with an enhancer-style pendant. When I have the budget for a rope, I may ask Hisano about special ordering 2 of the opening sides of the link clasp to use together like the Mermaid strand. That would make it easier to replicate the Andy Muller look with a drop on each end. I'm not sure if it would look as sleek with the ends clasped together as it looks on BN's strand with the opening link and closed loop combo, though.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cmd2014|1409368333|3741854 said:
:love: :love: :love: !!!

You're killing me! SUCH a gorgeous strand. I really like that clasp. Super versatile given that you can use it as a shortener!

Thank you, cmd2014!

Yes, this is the first time I use this clasp and it's wonderful! I love the versatility and highly recommend it.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bsomlo|1409369676|3741862 said:

You could hang a pearl from the dangling closed ends. The part of the clasp that opens, closes securely so you could certainly hang a pearl on it, but the other part of the clasp is an oval so it could only take a pearl that is on an enhancer. It would be an adorable look.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

BN: Gosh between you and HHPmom, I've now decided that I need a long Tahitian rope... Now to mull over competing priorities in my very long pearlie wish list (and limited budget). Sigh.

Love the yummy colors!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, Icy Jade! There's something very luxurious about a long rope :loopy:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kay|1409392510|3741914 said:
baby nurse|1409367074|3741840 said:

Yay! Thank you so much! :appl:

I really love the second look that is styled like the Andy Muller photo on you. Did it feel like that style would stay in place? HHPmom tried the same style with her 60" rope on the "HHPmom - took your advice" thread and she said she had to knot it so the loop part would not slip.

I really love your rope, and that clasp is great for styling options. I really want a long rope now -- I'm not sure how long I can hold out.

Yes, you would have to knot it to keep the loop from slipping. Mine stayed in place for the two hrs I had it on because I wasn't active but it would have slid had I moved around more.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

baby nurse - Great styling! That clasp gives you so many options - I love it!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, pkinnew! Yes, the clasp is very versatile. I'm really glad I chose it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Baby nurse: I'm thinking of using the same clasp for my new rope (probably 60 inches). One idea is to break up the rope into 2 parts that can be combined - one as a regular strand (approx 19 or 20 inches) and the remaining 40 inches.

Do you think the clasp will look weird if exposed when I wear the rope in other ways, say as a doubled (30 inches) strand?
Also if it's not too much trouble you pls be a dear and show some close ups of the clasp on your strand? TIA!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a really nice clasp, Icy Jade, and actually looks pretty when visible. I think you may have seen some of my pics of the clasp but I'll post them here anyway.

tahitian4.jpg

tahitian5.jpg

tahitian6.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Oh that was fast! Thank you! :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock

I definitely want to use that clasp in the future!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the clasp close-ups, BN. It is fortunate for you it is such a nice looking clasp because you have some really pretty pearls on each side of it!

I can definitely see using this clasp, if not now, then in the future for a long rope. For my current project, I am torn between this one and the one CRDKeshi posted in the Tahitians thread. I am calling Chenai tomorrow to discuss what will work best.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would be torn between those two as well because I really like the one CRDkeshi recommended. Well, at least you can't go wrong with either. Good luck, Kay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results