shape
carat
color
clarity

35 inch soufflé strand from Pearl Paradise

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Rather than be a thread boggart, I thought I would start my own thread in my latest addition to the Kitty Pearl family: my 35 inch strand of soufflé pearls from the PP sale!!

First impressions: the pearls in quality and lustre and colour are almost identical to the Wilma's I bought in the Mother's Day sale. They are beautifully rosy and peacocky and pretty. They are pools of iridescence. They are so tactile. I just want to stroke them all the time. I can't seem to capture the pinkness in photos.

I was initially worried that the 35 inches wouldn't be enough to double comfortably but the length is fine. I did think they were smaller than anticipated but I honestly think its a bit of PSS from the Wilma strand and because they were a bit flatter (aka not as puffy) as I thought.

They are lighter than I expected (especially when compared to the Wilma's) and very comfortable to wear. Overall I am really happy with them. They won't be returned!! There are still three available:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/35inch-White-Soufflé-Necklace4979.aspx

_8192.jpg

_8193.jpg

_8194.jpg

_8195.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
misskittykat -- I think they look spectacular on you!!! I couldn't envision one long strand since mine are doubled and I wear them twisted. I really like your length!!! And tripled with Wilma is fantastic, too!

Enjoy them and I'd love to see more pictures!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Incredible!!!

(Wish I could say more, but I'm kind of speechless!!)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzer! and so good looking on you!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
these are fabulous!! I can see some pink in the first pic.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they're fantastic no matter which way you wear them! Congratulations!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I wouldn't have taken the leap without your encouragement bsomlo. When I saw you had bought the double strand I thought someone had to take a hit for the team here on PS on the single strand!! I found it very versatile today. I love wearing it long but doubled up it's great too. It's so lovely and light to wear.

Wearing it with the Wilmas will take a bit of getting used to. I have to arrange the fastenings just so to make sure they sit well. It's a bit fiddly, but the look is totally worth it!!

My pearl budget is totally blown for the rest of the year. Mr K had promised Tahitians for Christmas though....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Your new souffle strand is ridiculously gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: They look so lovely long or doubled, but WOW are they breathtaking worn tripled with your Wilmas! Never mind that your pearl budget is used for now, you have collected such beautiful pieces. Christmas isn't too far off :loopy:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I just showed hubby all your pictures, a rarity.

I agree that they look fantabulous all ways, and lets review all the ways for fun:

-- single long strand

-- doubled

-- doubled with Wilma

What's left? Single long with Wilma. Knotted -- would that be possible? That would be one huge cottonball mass of a knot!

Enjoy!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't dare knot them bsomlo!! I would be too worried about damaging them!! I thought the long strand worn long plus the Wilmas might be a bit too different in size but I might just give it a whirl!!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look awesome! That's how I often wear longer necklaces, just looked once. And with the weight the short loop tends to migrate to being around 16 inches. Still a great look!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think the knot would be too big. I was just playing around in my mind. But I'd probably knot them once gently just to see how that looked.

I don't like the way mine look hanging as a double strand, so I plan to always wear mine twisted. When I get home to my computer and can load pictures properly, I'll take a picture of them worn as a double. The shorter strand has smaller pearls but they don't sit nested nicely -- I really like the different sizes intermingled and when twisted you get to see the pearls at different angles, too.

The pearls seem very sturdy and the nacre is crazy thick.

I'd love to see more pictures of yours, misskittycat!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
misskittycat: You look stunning!! :love: :love: :love:
Love all the variations on you. :appl:

Sympathies on blowing pearl budget (hey I know how that feels), but tahitians from hubby sounds lovely to look forward to. Unfortunately my hubby doesn't know pearls yet. But slowly but surely methinks... I have a few more months to work on that (or his Paypal account if all else fails!). :devil: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results