shape
carat
color
clarity

35 inch PP strand: can I double this?

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
I want to get a long strand of white Freshadamas that I can wear like this: https://storyboxjewellery.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/short-pearls.jpg (I want to double it to look like Sarah Jessica's white pearls here: please ignore the top, darker strand here, as I want the look of the bottom two loops/strands).

I am looking at the 35 inch Freshadamas in 7.5-8 mm. Will this be too short to double in a similar way? They can look a little shorter, but I don't want to have both loops pressed into my neck. I'm 5'5 and 130 pounds.

Thanks!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That is an excellent question and totally depends on the circumference of your neck and where you want the strands to fall.

On me, 35" is easily and comfortably doubled. I have a slender neck.

Here are some 35" pieces doubled on me, but as you can see, I wear them at the same lengths unlike your picture:

PP metallic multi-color keshi endless rope (no clasp still doubles over my head -- yes, my head is small...):

PP souffle/blue akoya tin cup doubled:

PP tahitian/keshi rope:

I have a 45" rope I can triple.

pp_keshi_neck_shot_0.jpg

pp_souffle_and_baroque_blue_akoya_tin_cup_0.jpg

pp_tahitian_and_keshi_0.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
It should be totally doable. I'm pretty close to your measurements and when I wear both of my akoya strands, it measures 35 inches. It sort of looks like your picture.here's a picture -

img_5384.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Mapo, off topic, but I can't get enough of your blue akoyas!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just get a belt or piece of string or whatever and loop it around how you want and then measure it? You'll need a shortener otherwise the two strands won't stay how you want them

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
These are all so pretty! I'm going to go ahead with the 35...

Does anyone have photos of white Freshadamas or freshies from PP in 35 inches?

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
NacreLover, could I persuade you to give me a neck shot of these doubled up?

They look like exactly what I think I want to order.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
OK, but not until tomorrow. I just bought a light box and haven't set it up yet. I will pull out a neckform and place the strand on it. As others have told you, unless you buy a shortener the necklace will always look like a choker and a longer strand. The weight of the pearls drag the strand down.

EmilyEmily

Rough_Rock
That sounds great.

I just searched PP and see that they also sell a shortener, so I'm going to order that as well.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
EmilyEmily - I have a few strands that length and I definitely double them. Have fun!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
NL, those are soooooo gorgeous! I really want one now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results