shape
carat
color
clarity

17 mm White Ripples from POJ:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade, Pearl Sister, I'm with you! Pre-dawn I jumped on these:

I have a slender neck so Kevin is having the last two pearls on each end removed so it will be 16+ inches rather than 18+ inches. I chose the white gold toggle. (I'll keep the pearls in case I ever want to lengthen.) Exciting!!!

white_ripples_from_poj.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh boy 17mm pearls are going to be very, very big on you :naughty: but there is nothing better than big pearls :D good choice! Enjoy your new strand.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Neck pics when they arrive please! And comparatives against soufflés as a special request from an imaginary friend. :bigsmile:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I haven't forgotten you asked for CC group shots, too.

(I'm thinking these huge white ripples will be considered "tai tai" by your hubby -- like my double souffles!)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1380941703|3532541 said:

Hehe. Yeah feel like a shameless pearl slut. Since you are at it then neck shots of your bronze ripples wouldn't be too much to ask for right? :naughty:

Ahem.

:lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

(I'm thinking these huge white ripples will be considered "tai tai" by your hubby -- like my double souffles!)

My colleagues were quite aghast with their size...

Had conversations before like...
Them: "No... It's too much!"
Me: But my colourful strand (note: Kojima ripples) is that size what...
Them: "Only taitai wear such things. You... Cannot lah."
Me: But I wanna be a taitai...
Me: ...

:nono:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1380942076|3532546 said:

My colleagues were quite aghast with their size...

Had conversations before like...
Them: "No... It's too much!"
Me: But my colourful strand (note: Kojima ripples) is that size what...
Them: "Only taitai wear such things. You... Cannot lah."
Me: But I wanna be a taitai...
Me: ...

:nono:

This makes me think of the Almond Joy commercial here in the US:

"Sometimes you feel like a nut
Sometimes you don't
Almond Joy's got nuts
Mounds don't

Almond Joy's got rich milk chocolate
Coconut and honey nuts too
Mounds got deep dark chocolate
Chewey coconut ooh

Sometimes you feel like a nut
Yeah Yeah Yeah
Sometimes you don't"

Sometimes you feel like a tai tai. Sometimes you don't. LOL.

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
bsomlo, it's such a beautiful and very well matched neclace. The more I look at the ripples, the more I like them.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo that is the exact strand I would have chosen and I love that you are going with a shorter length and the toggle clasp :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: The pearls are SO beautiful and their size is FANTASTIC! I am really looking forward to your neck shots of this one! I bet your metallic white drops would look fantastic with it. I have enjoyed following your posts as you have pulled together an amazing collection of pearls :mrgreen:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
More fabulousness from POJ!!! I am eager to see the size of these. :)

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe the reasonable price of these pearls. Congratulations to those who got them. Personally I have not warmed up to these or pondslime pearls. But that's just me. I do think someone here has a nice strand with lots of purple from either Kojima or Catherine Cardinelli. I think it's icy_jade or baby monster. The darkest strand on POJ is really nice too.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom -- You're lucky the ripple bug hasn't bitten you. It bites hard. Real hard.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I caved and picked up the last (or second to last) white strand from POJ yesterday evening. I do own one other smaller ripple strand with the more classic gold and pond slime colors and they just don't do much with my coloring. I got the strand that has the most intense pink and blue overtones. Since I generally look good in pinks and blues and silvery whites, I'm hoping that these will work. I am getting them unstrung, so I can take a look when they get here and decide on how to string and clasp them.

Thank you for the push icy_jade and bsomlo. I agree that the prices were very reasonable and I'm confident that these hand-picked strands will be lovely.

In looking at the POJ blog, I'm thinking that the four 17mm white strands offered are in the first photo, and the seven 15mm white strands are in the second. It will be fun once they get here to try to match them up with the photos.

hongkong4hugewhite.jpg

hongkong7white.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yay Fly Girl. Too bad we can't meet up to admire each other's loots. :naughty:

Well done! So that's 5 of the 19 POJ strands accounted for by PS-ers. Anyone else got one but haven't posted yet? 8)

HHPmom|1381058193|3533023 said:
I cannot believe the reasonable price of these pearls. Congratulations to those who got them. Personally I have not warmed up to these or pondslime pearls. But that's just me. I do think someone here has a nice strand with lots of purple from either Kojima or Catherine Cardinelli. I think it's icy_jade or baby monster. The darkest strand on POJ is really nice too.

Also don't understand pondslimes like you but I got the ripples bug from Baby Monster's strand:
_8983_2.jpg

And this is mine from Kojima:
_8932.jpg

And one of my new strands from POJ:
big_kasumi_poj.jpg

Think ripples have lotsa character. And the amazing colours and gold leaf effect. :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade -- yes, baby monster's ripple neck shot set off a frenzy. I hope my new whites look as fabulous.

I am starting to think different people mean different things when they say "pond slime". I think of it as patches of slimy pond scummy green "splattered" on pearls. But my new bronze ripple strand is "pond slime" according to Catherine. I see it as bronzy metallic -- I would not have called my new ripple necklace "pond slime". As my teen daughter says, "Whatevs..."

Fly Girl -- Yay! Please start a thread with a picture of the strand you chose! It'll be great to compare neck shots!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl Yay! SO happy you were able to get one of those beautiful white strands :appl: :appl: All of the strands are officially sold out, so be happy you jumped when you did! Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with them.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I'll start my own thread when the white PoJ ripples arrive. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's as well. Thank you icy_jade, bsomlo and LitGeek.

I'm pretty sure that pondslime is that distinctive greeny gold, often patchy and generally metallic coloration on freshwater pearls. Here is a picture of pondslime feather pearls currently available from Kojima Pearls. They are beautiful, especially if they look good with your coloring.

p4856_pp2720_1_large.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pacific Pearls describes pondslime as "uneven brown-green-goldy natural colour" and that they are "unevenly distributed colors we find reminiscent of algae blooms"...

With this accompanying photo:

Source: http://pacificpearls.us/rosebud-and-pondslime-effects/

Ughh. Doesn't do anything for me. Personally I really dislike the patchy look and algae colour.

pondslime.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Well, Catherine describes these as "pond slime", but I see them as bronze metallic. Each pearl is a different bronzey color -- not patches of slime:

bronze_0.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The excitement mounts. Three pearls are going to be removed to achieve a 16 inch length. Two will be used as earrings.

The pearl with the "pond slime" splotch (with the orange arrow) will be removed.

The two pearls with the green arrows will become dangle earrings in a classic white gold setting:

Very exciting!

poj__green_arrows_to_earring_pearls.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1381185726|3533842 said:
The excitement mounts. Three pearls are going to be removed to achieve a 16 inch length. Two will be used as earrings.

The pearl with the "pond slime" splotch (with the orange arrow) will be removed.

The two pearls with the green arrows will become dangle earrings in a classic white gold setting:

Very exciting!
Ha! So yours is the inside strand in the photo of four from Hong Kong posted above. That pond slime splotch is very distinctive.

Nice to be able to adjust the strand to your personal preferences. :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
So excited for you! What an amazing set this will be :appl: :appl: :appl: I think your choice of setting for the earrings will be just perfect.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: Can only imagine that Kevin must be so busy with all our special requests. Pls post more pics when you get them! Very exciting indeed. Think I didn't mention but I like yours the best of all the whites on offer. =) Alas for non supportive colleagues... :cheeky: :lol:

Fly Girl|1381196977|3533973 said:
Ha! So yours is the inside strand in the photo of four from Hong Kong posted above. That pond slime splotch is very distinctive.

Nice to be able to adjust the strand to your personal preferences. :))

:shock: amazed at Fly Girl's ability. Oh pls help to identify mine... Confess that I am hopeless and gave up. :(( :nono:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You just can't go wrong with those white ripples ! I think they are such a smart choice and very versatile . I have no doubt that you will love them forever. The sort of necklace that you find yourself wearing all the time. Can't wait to see the finished product !

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
I can find myself catching the ripple bug after this thread! Gorgeous necklace you bought :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Shipped today! Hopefully, neck shots by next weekend...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1382200287|3540670 said:
Shipped today! Hopefully, neck shots by next weekend...

Hooray! Looking forward to seeing them :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results