shape
carat
color
clarity

What really changed after marriage???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) Someone to talk to

2) Someone to be quiet with

3) MUCH messier/packed house.

4) Dog hair

5) Bit of regret we didn''t get it together in time to have kids

Other than those, given our 30 year on/off relationship, it just feels like we''ve been doing this forever.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing yet, but I''ve only been married for 9 days, so maybe I''ll have to wait and see?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2009 9:03:45 PM
Author: thing2of2
Nothing yet, but I''ve only been married for 9 days, so maybe I''ll have to wait and see?
I''m SURE he just got much better looking, right? ;-)

How you, Thing?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 9:09:57 PM
Author: ksinger
Date: 7/21/2009 9:03:45 PM

Author: thing2of2

I''m SURE he just got much better looking, right? ;-)

How you, Thing?

Ha! Is it even possible for Mr. Hunky Pants to get more good looking?!
3.gif
I''m awesome, thanks for asking! I''m just trying to catch up on basically everything since the wedding consumed my life for months! How are you?! Long time no see!

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
We lived together 5.5 year before our marrige 11 days ago and I do feel different now.

My last name change is hard to grab onto.

Intertwining ANY financial stuff is weird to me.

Knowing that we truly are marriied give me this odd feeling of the best ever contentment.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) We finally got to have sex
2) We merged all our money and have joint accounts
3) We get to see each other all the time now!
30.gif

4) We don't go out on dates as much as we did when dating
8.gif

5) It feels more secure being married

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
1) We can finally tell my grandma we''re living together.
2) We have a LOT more "home stuff" and the same amount of home, which is causing some space issues.
3) I get to see a ring on DH''s hand now, and I love it!
4) I feel more stable, secure, and content--not that there was a lack of these things in my life before, but I''ve noticed a change.
5) The biggest shift has been the deeper spiritual connection I feel to both my faith and my husband. It''s incredibly difficult to describe or quantify, and I definitely wasn''t expecting it. I felt a little blah about getting married in church (as opposed to outside, which our church wouldn''t allow), but now I''m so happy I did.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
1) He''s around all the time. It felt very strange at first, but I love it. (I''ve felt this even more this summer since it''s my first full summer of vacation while married.)
2) I watch a lot more television. DH might very well be addicted.
3) I eat a lot more because I cook all the time. So, my pants size has definitely changed since last year.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 12:50:58 PM
Author: Gypsy
1. My family''s behavior toward him. Much improved. It was like a switch .
2. It''s nice to know that you can''t just throw a hissy fit and ''breakup''... there''s all the legal crap too, and even though we are really good at working things out. The fact that it''s official now makes it even more compelling to work things through. We made vows.
3. Calling each other husband and wife. I love hearing it and saying it. Plus people preceive you differently as a result. They take you more seriously.

Together 9+ years before we got married (living together nine of those years). Married less than a year.
thanks for your insight, gypsy. #2 seems like something that would really happen to us as well. not that FI and i get into a lot of fights, but i know that being married will help us get passed little fights and not to be cliche, but choose our battles

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Honestly? Not very much changed. Other people percieve our relationship differently, but we don''t. My husband actually said to me one day, "You know how everyone said things would be different when we got married? Well, it feels the same..."

We have been togeather over 4 1/2 years, and have lived together for over two and a half. Our family dynamic has not changed. We spend the same amount of time togeather. We have not changed anything financially. We loved each other before, and we love each other now. We consulted each other about large purchases and travel plans before, as we do now. For us, it''s a good thing that not much has changed.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not much changed really. We pretty much feel the same way as we did before we got married. We had lived together for a few years before we tied the knot, so we were so used to how each other handled things regarding various matters. My name changed but that''s about it.
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Musey, in that it''s hard to describe but it does feel different. Nothing day to day changed as we lived together prior to getting married but I do love being his wife and we''re a proper little family now with Amber and Manolo.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I lived 2 hours away from each other before we got married and my former married co-workers said that things would be SO different and much harder once we lived together. They said you did not really know someone until you lived with them.

Well I am happy to report that now that we are married and living together, things are if anything easier! He doesn't get on my nerves (well not more than he did before), there has not been an "adjustment period" as they described.

1. DH is a lot less jealous now that we are married. Not that he was crazy jealous before, I can just tell he is a lot more relaxed and secure about our relationship now.

2. My grocery bill has tripled!

3. My laundry loads have quadrupled!

4. We don't have to worry as much about accidentally getting knocked up

5. I am actually looking forward to starting a family in the future, rather than being totally turned off by the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results