color
clarity

Week 5 - Share Photos: Favorite Photo of the Bride

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
All these brides look lovely. Gorgeous pictures!! :love:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree with you, I love these bridal pics. There's nothing like the feeling you have on your wedding day!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't the prettiest shot of me, but it shows the joy I was feeling that day. :bigsmile:
mattandrea449-1__2_.jpg

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Since I'm all about sharing - May 2011, 2nd dress of 4 dress changes, but I loved the poof :love:

_5253.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 I hope thats ok :)

img_1271.jpg

img_1209.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Kelinas|1365393813|3422408 said:
Since I'm all about sharing - May 2011, 2nd dress of 4 dress changes, but I loved the poof :love:
When you said "poof" you weren't kidding! Wow, I LOVE how that dress looks on you ... it's almost as though you're floating, how beautiful. Oh, and happy belated 2nd anniversary :wavey: !!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
vintagelover229|1369855316|3455808 said:
VL everything came together so beautifully on your wedding day! These pics really took my breath away, so I can just imagine how much YOU love them.

Especially the second picture, with you at the window ... from the pattern of the lace on your dress, to the pattern on the curtains, to the subtle pattern on the chair cushions, all lit by the "glow" from the window ... absolute PERFECTION!! I also love the style and length of your veil and that you were able to keep it delicate enough so that it doesn't hide (or distract from) the details on your dress. I hope you were able to have the picture enlarged and framed because it reminds me of the vintage portraits that were popular long ago. Classic and timeless!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roxy|1370653534|3461265 said:
vintagelover229|1369855316|3455808 said:
VL everything came together so beautifully on your wedding day! These pics really took my breath away, so I can just imagine how much YOU love them.

Especially the second picture, with you at the window ... from the pattern of the lace on your dress, to the pattern on the curtains, to the subtle pattern on the chair cushions, all lit by the "glow" from the window ... absolute PERFECTION!! I also love the style and length of your veil and that you were able to keep it delicate enough so that it doesn't hide (or distract from) the details on your dress. I hope you were able to have the picture enlarged and framed because it reminds me of the vintage portraits that were popular long ago. Classic and timeless!

Thank you SO much for the sweet compliments! My dad took the pictures as photography is a serious hobby of his and he was so sad that he missed out on the "shots" that people who are trained to take. I love them and am so grateful for them and think he did a wonderful job!

I hope to have my photos framed at some point-but it will be a while since we have to gut our house. No point in putting up pictures only to take them back down.

My veil was made by the seamstress who altered my dress. I lucked out finding someone who would touch the vintage lace. She designs dresses and was impressed (and couldn't figure out) how they added the lace in there. From the 1940s and I got it for free and I loved every minute of that day. It looks amazing without the crinoline too.

Didn't you just get married? I'm looking for a photo of you on here but I can't seem to locate it :oops:

audball

Ideal_Rock
bump

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taken at an abandoned mansion just down the beach from our ceremony site...
dress6.png

audball

Ideal_Rock
Right after the ceremony.

_14392.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a goofy look on my face, but I love this picture!

My other grandmother (dad's side) died in May 2004. One of my favorite memories of her in those later months was the night of my graduation. She gave her camera to my mother and told her to take a picture of just her and her granddaughter -- "You'll know when!" Then she stood next to me and surprised me with a big kiss on the cheek. I don't know if I ever got to see the picture or where it ended up. This was a film camera and she went downhill pretty badly over the next 11 months. (I graduated June 2003)

I never talked to our photographer about this. She had me and my grandparents (mom's side) standing with this great grass taking some pictures and told them to lean in and kiss me. It wasn't quite as big of a surprise this time, but it was very unexpected.

I'd very much love to have the other picture from my graduation to keep along side this. I don't think that will ever happen but I feel like this picture was my grandma letting me know she was there with me.

First the picture from the wedding. Second picture is taken just before the one she had taken of us. (If you notice a hint of gold in her teeth, that is because she insisted in having all gold crowns and fillings -- she loved all things sparkly!)

_14439.jpg

grandma_and_me.jpg

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock
Beautiful brides! Great photos everyone!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Fav photo of bride

hello.jpg

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
Older bride here at 44! This is my favourite one taken just before our ceremony at Chelsea Old Town Hall.

_32152.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you're stunning Zizzy!!! Such a beautiful bride!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results