shape
carat
color
clarity

Week 1 - Share Photos: Favorite Dress Photo

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if you're crazy like me and will use any excuse to go back and peruse through all your wedding photo, then you're in for a treat. I want to start a weekly thread where you share your most favourite wedding photos. oldiewed pics also welcome.

so to start, share the photo that you think is the best one of your wedding dress. doesn't matter if it has other people in the pic, is hanging up or is a close-up of the detail. remember, you only get to share ONE, so don't cheat!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll start. this photo didn''t make our photo album as we had similar ones taken where we looked better in it (I have cut it out of a bigger photo... we were walking on the train tracks), but I think this photo is the best depiction of my dress, though it may be a little yellow-coloured and not so sharp because I had to resize to smaller.

noeltrain.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think this would be mine. This was alot harder than I expected!

Your dress is beautiful. I love the antique coloring. Is that real or from the lighting?

onstepsstanding14.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, fun!

Tough one though! Hmmm...I think if I had to show someone only 1 photo to show them the dress, I'd go with this one.

ETA: sorry it's so big and blurry! Something went wonky with the resize

dressfavps.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s been over a year since our wedding and we still look at the photos regularly! Is that crazy??

Beautiful dresses ladies! I''m still trying to pick my favorite dress photo...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Am I still a newlywed at 2 years out?
3.gif

This is mine. The only embellishment on my dress was the sash. Hand beaded antique lace on champagne satin. I loooved it.

ETA: Oops, sorry for the hugeness!

ebdress.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dresses, all of you! I love how different they all are...reflective of each bride''s personality.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love all of these dress photos, everybody''s is so gorgeous. It''s always fun to go back through old wedding photos and I love seeing real brides in their dresses.

This photo isn''t great, but it''s the only one where I''m not holding my bouquet right in front of me and the dress is still unbustled.

dress3214.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My pro pics are with my parents right now, so this is going by non-pro only...and this is my favorite because of the cool movement effect. Also shows the details of the bodice, halter strap alteration, and skirt overlay nicely.

n10512944_35126033_303342.jpg

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
This is not the best shot, but I like how you can see the sash
1.gif
, it was a super comfy dress.

jjdav wedding dress.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, now I want to take back the photo I posted since my favorite part of the dress was the pair of hand embroidered lotuses on the bodice.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
wow everyone! thanks for sharing those beautiful photos! it''s funny how the dresses are all so different but all so lovely. I''m glad to know that I''m not the only one obsessed with wedding photos and I love looking at everyone else''s just as much as my own.

meresal - I think it''s just the coloring. my dress looks a different color in every photo, but it was actually a champagne color.

CrownJewel - can''t wait to see yours!

EBree - yes, you''re a newlywed as long as you feel like one.

MakingTheGrade - well, it''s a little bit against the rules, but who cares! I just wanted to make sure we didn''t have one person posting 20 photos. let''s see your hand embroidered lotuses.

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
F A N T A S T I C idea, noelwr!!!
36.gif

I love this picture as it shows the lace, scalloped skirting, my Shoes!... BIG sigh...I did not get to keep my dress (brides in my neck of the woods usually just rent the wedding gown!) Very practical!

But, we typically have a evening gown for the second part of the celebrations! Can I show that, please!?
2.gif

090425.AD.LucaPriswd1.JPG

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh, I just spent so much time looking through our huge collection of photos, but discovered what I really wanted was 1 photo where you could see both the front and back of my dress. I do have some mirror shots, but not from the right angle. Darn!! The back and train might be my favorite parts of the dress, but I think you have to know what the front looks like to appreciate them as much. So, I guess I'll just show the front, since most people wanting to see the dress would expect to see the front.

I like that the lighting in this photo shows the true color of the dress as well as all of the crystal beading. This was taken half-way through the reception (we sneaked out for a few minutes) so the lap of my dress is kind of wrinkled from sitting. Thankfully it just adds to the pleating design.
2.gif

05_BPRT204.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
livinginsg (does that stand for living in Singapore? I spent half of this past year traveling back and forth to Singapore) - anyway, since your evening gown was a different dress, yes, let''s see it.

ladyciel - it was also very difficult for me to pick out one photo because the back of my dress was also very different than the front. don''t worry... there''ll be more photo sharing in the future.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think this one is my favorite. It''s non pro and the only one I have of the back of the dress straight on before it was bustled. I loved the way the dress moved so there are many more good bustled shots.

em1dressback12.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is mine. Not only do I love how my dad is looking at me as we''re about to walk down the aisle, but it''s the true off-white (not white, not quite ivory) color of the dress, and even though you can''t see the train, you can see that there IS one. And you can see the lace pattern and the scalloped bottom edge, and it''s the only picture from my wedding where I truly think the camera captured how I thought I looked.... how beautiful I felt.

I think it might be huge. If it is, I''m sorry!!

katywifavdresspic.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Ladies, all of your dresses are beautiful!! Noelwr, thanks for starting this thread!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My dress was really simple - but the back had a fun criss cross, and the mini train was fun! Here''s the best one I''ve got on hand.

gddressback.JPG

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Fun idea!

Ok, so I had a tea-length dress, and I really thought that when I went back through my photos, I''d want to add one that showed off the length...but this is my "dress" photo that''s in the album, and I really like the detail. I''d say it''s my favorite one of the dress, oddly enough:

elmortonfavdress.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Of my non pro pics I think this is my fave dress shot. It''s a terrible picture but it shows the shape of my dress beautifully I think.

favedress.jpg

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 5:03:18 AM
Author:noelwr
if you''re crazy like me and will use any excuse to go back and peruse through all your wedding photo, then you''re in for a treat. I want to start a weekly thread where you share your most favourite wedding photos. oldiewed pics also welcome.

so to start, share the photo that you think is the best one of your wedding dress. doesn''t matter if it has other people in the pic, is hanging up or is a close-up of the detail. remember, you only get to share ONE, so don''t cheat!

You can''t see the bottom detail but I still really like this picture.

kbacloudsweddingpic.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I love this thread! 3 months newlywed over here!

Loving all of your shots ladies! Such beautiful brides and such beautiful gowns!!!

This is a non-pro. We have gotten our pros, but I can''t save them until I have the CD (after I order the album...boo!)

Laniedress1.JPG

livinginsg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 9:22:35 AM
Author: noelwr
livinginsg (does that stand for living in Singapore? I spent half of this past year traveling back and forth to Singapore) - anyway, since your evening gown was a different dress, yes, let''s see it.

ladyciel - it was also very difficult for me to pick out one photo because the back of my dress was also very different than the front. don''t worry... there''ll be more photo sharing in the future.

Hi noelwr! U are right; it means exactly that!:) I assume you were in SG for work-related purpose? Did you manage to do sight-seeing?? Nah, i think i will not post my evening gown; let''s dedicate this thread to wedding gowns!!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
ok this was hard to choose, but I think this best captures my dress. fitted with beads on the top, ethereal and floaty on the bottom. it was totally not what i expected my wedding dress to be, but I loved it.

065edited.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lord. This is a tough one! One of my favorite things about my gown was the way it photographed. Before we got married I used to search wedding sites for pics of my gown in action and just crossed my fingers that I would have the same luck. At my wedding the bathroom was down a hallway that had some huge mirrors in it. Whenever I walked to the bathroom I was mesmerized by the movement in my skirt so I decided that I needed to post this picture to show that movement that gave me so much joy on my wedding day. We have an 8x10 of it hung in our house at the moment.

runningctekdress231.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite - it shows all the folds I loved so much and that reflection is awesome.

sepia_water.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 2:08:38 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
This is my favorite - it shows all the folds I loved so much and that reflection is awesome.
What a fantastic picture!!!!!!!!

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll play - any excuse to look at wedding pics!

I like this one because it shows my poor DH having to lace up my dress. He refused to practice beforehand, saying it would be "no big deal". We got about a hundred pictures of him putting the dress on me because it took half an hour.
3.gif
I love him!

dresspicpsjsm.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results