shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Dress Party ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

STEPHANSON

Shiny_Rock
i have heard of them but never heard of someone actually throwing one.
(where all your married friends come over and wear their wedding dress)
has anyone been to one or hosted one ?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think Haven was hosting a wedding dress party and serving all white food. Such a fabulous idea!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like a blast!

I don''t have enough married friends to do something like that yet. Hehe, maybe the next PS Philly GTG should be a wedding party!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 8:54:24 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I think Haven was hosting a wedding dress party and serving all white food. Such a fabulous idea!
YES! I''m planning on doing it in April after a good friend''s wedding.

I''m calling it a white party, and we''re going to cover all the furniture in white slipcovers and sheets, use all white linens, and serve only white food. I have a thread on here about it somewhere with really fun suggstions for the menu.

I''m really excited for it! DH says I''m not allowed to spray paint the animals white.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I''d totally be up for a Philly wedding dress party. I also wouldn''t have enough married friends to do this.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 3:02:14 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Haha, I''d totally be up for a Philly wedding dress party. I also wouldn''t have enough married friends to do this.

I think a bunch of Philly-area PSers are married (lots of newlyweds here, too) -- maybe we should do a GTG where the only splashes of color are everyone''s gorgeous gemmies? Of course, that would require taking my poor dress to the cleaner first...have been avoiding that dry cleaning bill like the plague...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/17/2009 5:11:51 PM
Author: Octavia

Haha, I'd totally be up for a Philly wedding dress party. I also wouldn't have enough married friends to do this.

I think a bunch of Philly-area PSers are married (lots of newlyweds here, too) -- maybe we should do a GTG where the only splashes of color are everyone's gorgeous gemmies? Of course, that would require taking my poor dress to the cleaner first...have been avoiding that dry cleaning bill like the plague...

Hah, you could leave it dirty, and we could wear them around the city for giggles ;-) If we don't do dresses, we should do photos at some point seeing how many of us are newly weds and I love photos!

We should do another gtg though! The last one was fun! Window shopping for gemmies is much more fun with the gals than with the hubbies
2.gif
We can claim to be making a Christmas list as an excuse to try everything on, hehe.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 5:11:51 PM
Author: Octavia

I think a bunch of Philly-area PSers are married (lots of newlyweds here, too) -- maybe we should do a GTG where the only splashes of color are everyone''s gorgeous gemmies? Of course, that would require taking my poor dress to the cleaner first...have been avoiding that dry cleaning bill like the plague...

Me too...

I would LOVE to have a White Party in Philly. Thing is, we would have to either a) have it at someone''s private residence or b) deal with the fact that people are going to look at us funny while we roam around Philadelphia in our gowns.

My friends are considering doing an anni party next year where people can wear their wedding gear. Their cake was all messed up at their wedding (screwy fondant ribbon, lack of piping in buttercream, wrong fillings, late) that their baker has offered to make a whole new topper (which was pretty dang big!) for their 1st anni. I have a feeling they will end up throwing this party just to eat the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results