shape
carat
color
clarity

How long did you have to wait to receive your wedding pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone,
I got married on 05/22/09 and on the day of the wedding my photographer told me it would take about 3-4 weeks for him to develop all of the pictures and send us our cd. He is sending us a disk with all of the images from the wedding. I waited about 10 weeks and gave him a phone call wanting to know when we could be expecting our pictures. He left me a voicemail saying realistically he would be sending out the cd at the beginning of the week. That was over a week ago. I realize that it is wedding season but one of my pet peeves is for someone to tell you they are going to do something and then not do it. Has anyone else had this problem?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry your photographer is being so slow! The worst part is that he promised to send you the CD and appears to have flaked. If I were you I would wait until a week from the time he said he would send the CD, and try calling back -- not angry, just "to check in." Hopefully he just got distracted!

I know a lot of people get their pro photos a couple of weeks after the wedding, but our photographer''s contract says we won''t get them until 8 - 12 weeks, so I don''t even expect to hear from them before the 12 week mark.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes....sorry that you''re waiting so long for your pics! I know the wait for the pics can be almost as exciting as the actual wedding day - so I hope you get yours soon!!

Our photographer told us three weeks - and we ended up getting them around 4 weeks after the wedding - but understood why it took a week longer after looking through 900+ photos and he had meticulously edited every single one of them!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still waiting, a year later. Actually though, we''re the ones who aren''t in a hurry to order pictures, so it''s not our photographer''s fault at all. We did get our proofs (and DVD) right away if I remember correctly -- maybe two weeks or so?

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
It took about 6 weeks. They didn't give us a CD, they just gave us a box full of proofs.

But I hated my pictures so I would have waited longer if I knew they had taken more time to edit them and try to make them beautiful (not that I think that was necessarily possible with the quality of these pics.)

Hopefully you'll get the pictures soon - I think the most frustrating thing is when you're told you'll get them by a certain date and then you don't
38.gif
I hate when people do that!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Took around 2 weeks, and for the whole procces around 2 months.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
My FF''s step sister got her alblums the day after her divorce was finalized
20.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is annoying, I'm sorry
7.gif

We got our online proofs about a month after the wedding, maybe a bit less. We used those to order 4x6 proofs, which took about a week and a half. Our album (flush-mount) order took ~4 months.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our disc with our pics were at my parents house when we got back from the honeymoon about three weeks after the wedding. We''re still picking which photos we want for the album and he said it will be back about 3-4 weeks after that.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
We waited 7 weeks for our fully edited photos on a portable hard drive, as well as all of our negatives.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
We waited about 5 days for them to be posted online.
Took about 2 weeks after ordering.
I think 6 weeks after we ordered our album? Maybe 4.
So this was all very timely. However, our photog didn''t give us copyrights to the photos until TWO years after (usually I think it''s a year), so it wasn''t until this summer that I was able to make a slideshow DVD of all our photos/post them here, etc.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
So sorry you''re waiting so long!

We got a few teasers and a slideshow 6 weeks after our wedding. Our CDs with our edited photos came in last night; exactly 2 months after our wedding date.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Same thing is happening with me. The photographer promised 3 weeks for the online pictures and 7 weeks for the DVDs and albums. The online pictures went up on time, but we''re well past 7 weeks (5/10/09 wedding) with no sign of the pics. I got in touch with him once already, and he apologized for the delay and said things should be out shortly. Not really sure what to do now, since I want him to to a good, thorough, not-rushed job, but I need the pictures so I can pick one to put in my thank-you notes!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your support.

NakedFinger: I had to laugh at the idea of getting an album right before the divorce was finalized. I am sure that was something they wanted to see.
31.gif

jstarfireb: I know what you mean. I really want my pictures but not at the expense of them being rushed. I wish I had an online thing to look at but I don''t have anything. I just find it really annoying because even if the pics turn out awesome, I can''t lie to any of my friends and will have to tell them about this person flakiness. If it were my business I would make sure that I gave my customers an appropriate estimate and delivered the product on time, it is just good customer service. Then again most people don''t even care about that anymore...
38.gif

TheBigT: I think I will call him next Wednesday. This Wednesday was one week exactly but I will give him a little bit more time. I will do my best to be nice but considering I am not the most patient person in the world, it will be a little hard.
10.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We got our disc with all the images in about a month or so. We got married last November, and we''re still waiting for our album though! Oy.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Our pictures were posted online the day we got back from our honeymoon, a little less than 2 weeks after we got married.

I just got our proof books today and DH and I have to sit down and pick 180 pictures for our album
23.gif
I need to get on this!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
14 weeks, and still waiting!!!

I''ve seen them, though - she posted them on collages.net, with a password and all (all 1400, edited). She sent me the design for the album, so I could okay it. I did - that was about two weeks ago. Hopefully, I''ll have everything (CD and album) soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results