shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Cut after Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I won''t be a NW for another 18 days yet but I can tell you there is NO WAY I will be cutting my hair. It will get a trim and a tidy up but I am desperately trying to grow it.

My hairdresser is trying to convince me to have the front feathered a bit before the wedding but I am loathe to do that. I have horrid hair right now, It''s two different lengths. The front and sides are almost chin length and the back is just passing my shoulders. Long story...disasterous haircut wich it has taken a long time to recover from. I have spent the last year growing the fringe down to meet the sides.

It does need a trim as the ends are horridly frazzled at the moment. I think after the wedding I will have it cut into a more bobbed style so the two lengths aren''t as obvious, but I will not be doing anything drastic!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I did the exact same thing!!! My hair was longer than down to the middle of my back, and I got mine cut just like yours! DH stared at me for about a month, because over the past 5 years we were together, I'd always had my hair long....he got used to it, but still cant wait till my hair grows back.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I am dying to cut my hair - it''s sooo long... But I am scared... hehehe. I am afraid I will hate it. I love my hair long but because of how long and heavy it is, I never end up blow drying it and I keep wearing it up...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/9/2009 10:50:30 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
I am dying to cut my hair - it''s sooo long... But I am scared... hehehe. I am afraid I will hate it. I love my hair long but because of how long and heavy it is, I never end up blow drying it and I keep wearing it up...
Noooooooooooooooooooooo. Please don''t cut your hair short. I love it so much!

I''m going for a trim and colour next week. Woohoo!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:20:10 AM
Author: kama_s

Me too! Have an appointment for Thursday. Just a few days to decide what I''m having done.
9.gif

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My parents always preferred short hair, pulled back from the face. I used to have a lot of bobs back in the day. I had really short hair cuts as well. I currently loathe the bob haircut, and am really not in any rush to cut it short again.

Because my hair is so thick and grows really fast, I get a regular cut every 8 weeks, and my hairdresser thins out my hair. It''s pretty funny because I lose enough hair to coat a small chihuahua. I grew it out for the wedding, and I''ve kept the length because I like it. My parents would prefer I cut it, though. It''s simply too much maintenance to have a short hair cut, though.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock

lol! fine... but i at least need some new shorter layers to make it more tolerable for the school year!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 10:25:45 AM
Author: CDNinNYC

Me too! Have an appointment for Thursday. Just a few days to decide what I''m having done.
9.gif
Have you decided on what you''re going to get? I''m still undecided, but I dont have much to play around with. I want to grow it out looong.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:00:19 PM
Have you decided on what you''re going to get? I''m still undecided, but I dont have much to play around with. I want to grow it out looong.

Not sure yet on the length; will probably just ask the stylist her thoughts. I used to be so much more adventurous with my hair; now I''m just a big chicken.
37.gif

What length is yours now and how long do you want to go? Are you doing colour too?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 10:32:07 PM

Date: 8/11/2009 10:00:19 PM

Not sure yet on the length; will probably just ask the stylist her thoughts. I used to be so much more adventurous with my hair; now I''m just a big chicken.
37.gif

What length is yours now and how long do you want to go? Are you doing colour too?
Mine''s around 2" above my bra strap. I know what you mean, I got too adventurous and chopped way too much last year. Not happening again, well, atleast not for the next little while! I''ve had side swept bangs for 2 years now, so I''m growing them out and they''re in that phase where they just look plain ugly! I''m hoping she can do something with them! I''d like tp grow them out to past boob level.

Yep, also colouring. I''m going to go a bit darker, chocolate brown-ish I think.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 11:43:42 AM

lol! fine... but i at least need some new shorter layers to make it more tolerable for the school year!
Woohoo!
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 10:58:37 PM
Mine's around 2' above my bra strap. I know what you mean, I got too adventurous and chopped way too much last year. Not happening again, well, atleast not for the next little while! I've had side swept bangs for 2 years now, so I'm growing them out and they're in that phase where they just look plain ugly! I'm hoping she can do something with them! I'd like tp grow them out to past boob level.

Yep, also colouring. I'm going to go a bit darker, chocolate brown-ish I think.

I had my hair past boob level before the wedding and a friend told me I had Rasta hair.
20.gif
I like side swept bangs but I hear you on the ugly phase; went through that early last year. It wasn't pretty.

I also wanna go darker but have to avoid a 'solid colour' I think. I did a chocolate brown around new year's and found I liked it best when my hair was straight, which doesn't happen too often.
14.gif

Is your appointment on Thursday too?

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I decided to share a picture of my hair that I''m not cutting! Part of the reason I''m not cutting it anytime soon is because it''s naturally very wavy. I wear it wavy on days I work out (and when I want a boheain look), because blow drying it every day would be very damaging.

hairg.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so i did it!

My hair used to be about the same length as CaliCushion''s (above) -- and wavy/curly, too -- but a couple days ago I cut it to just above the shoulder. It feels so light and freeing, although it definitely looked better longer (it just gets curlier when it''s shorter). I just couldn''t stand the weight of it on my back anymore! It''s just barely long enough to put back into a ponytail (for working out), but SO much easier to manage.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
BigT, take a picture of it! I''d especially like to see your hair air dried.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 12:39:24 PM
Author: CaliCushion
BigT, take a picture of it! I''d especially like to see your hair air dried.

I wanna see too!

Cali, your hair looks fabulous in that photo.
36.gif
I can understand you not wanting to cut it.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 11:07:11 PM

I had my hair past boob level before the wedding and a friend told me I had Rasta hair.
20.gif
I like side swept bangs but I hear you on the ugly phase; went through that early last year. It wasn''t pretty.

I also wanna go darker but have to avoid a ''solid colour'' I think. I did a chocolate brown around new year''s and found I liked it best when my hair was straight, which doesn''t happen too often.
14.gif

Is your appointment on Thursday too?
LOL@rasta hair! Can''t wait for my stupid bangs to grow out
14.gif
I''m not a big fan of highlights on me, so what I do is ask my hair colourist to give me highlights under my top layer (so none on the top) and then colour my entire hair with my hair colour. So the highlighted parts end up being a shade lighter than the rest. I know what you mean by a solid colour, doesn''t look good on me either. But this way I get a teeny bit of highlights, solid colour makes my hair look drab.

Mine was today initially, but I changed it to tomorrow since we might have my brother-in-law for dinner tonight.

Are you back from having yours? Post pics when you get back!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I got my hair cut today. It's not as short as I could have gone but I haven't had short hair in years and was worried how it would look. The stylist still cut off A LOT. The test will be when I wash it; we'll see how much shorter it will look once the curl let's loose.
32.gif

ETA: a before photo.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
... and after.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CDN, I love it! I think it looks fantastic, especially for the summer. I like the darker colour on you too. What did your hubby think?

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks.
5.gif

He''s still at work
38.gif
and hasn''t seen it yet.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I had no idea so many brides cut their hair after the wedding! So fascinating! I have been wanting to get my hair cut/layered, but I''m nervous about letting someone cut my curly hair. Last time they butchered me in terms of length!
14.gif
I just really want a great shape for wearing it down and natural. I''ve noticed all moms have short hair... the ''mom'' haircut, but I didn''t know there was a NW haircut too!

Gosh, I love PS!

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I just had mine cut! I only took off about 2 inches but I got a ton of layers so it looks a lot different (well - to me at least!).

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still too scared to do it. Problem with it long is that I don''t have a ''style'' - I just straighten it (generally) and leave it down.

But I am concerned that short won''t look as good. Luckily this summer hasn''t been too hot cuz that is when it really gets to me. Long hair neck sweat is the worst!

CdninNyc - great cut!! You have gorgeous hair so I''m sure anything would look good but that looks perfect!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did it too! The day after you, CDN. Didn't chop much off the length, but got TONS of layers. also coloured it dark dark dark brown (almsot black) and changed my part. DH is still trying to adjust to the change!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I am cutting my hair next week FINALLY. It is the longest it''s ever been right now and while I love it, it''s pretty much almost one length all the way around and I want some layers around my face...Not going short though, I did that last year right before we got engaged and I hated the way it looked-made me look about 12 years old.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I love my hair short, and my FI is a huge fan of dark short hair (he isn''t just saying that - I''ve seen the pics to prove it!).

Here''s my current ''do:

n709325840_2520561_6807448.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I got married last October, and finally cut my hair just after Christmas. I''ve had it short before, and DH likes it either way. The second photo was the first cut, and early this summer I cut it shorter again, this time more layered and choppy. Unfortunately, I don''t have a picture of that yet. So, here it is the weekend of the wedding--I hadn''t had it this long in a very long time! My hair grows very fast, it would probably only take me 2 yrs or so to have it this long again (its just below my ears now).

long at falls.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes, sorry that was so big! Here is the first cut...

medium hair.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Gah! Sorry again! My photos don''t usually load so huge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results