shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Cut after Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
This was the front:

haircut556745616front.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I cut mine a week after the wedding - and also a week after my daughter was born...

Must be a rite-of-passage thing!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Um... yeah... I made it a few months.... and then CHOP. And color.
Dang I wish I could remember what color dye that is. I like it. It's more brown now.
Me!!!!!.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 7:46:29 AM
Author: Cleopatra
I was one of the odd ones of the bunch, obviously. I wanted my hair short, so I cut my hair just months BEFORE my wedding - I think I cut 8 inches off! I figured, I rather myself with short hair, so why have long hair just for my wedding? It didn''t seem to fit.
I had this vision of myself with a veil for my wedding - and there is NOWHERE to put a veil in my current short haircut. I''d already started growing it out when I got engagend, and just kept going.

But... sometimes I feel like I don''t really look like ME in my wedding photos. I look like the me I was then though, so it works out okay, LOL.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cut my hair the DAY after the wedding. Okay, more a trim... but I hadn''t cut it at all in months because I thought the more hair for my updo, the better (I was wrong apparently). I didn''t want to head off on the honeymoon with raggedy ends, so I had my mom cut off two inches before we headed to the airport.

As far as an actual cut, no. I very rarely get that urge, which is why my hair is so long these days... has been for about 4.5 years now! I love my long hair. My stylist is always trying to get me to cut it just past my shoulders, but I can''t bring myself to.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
Hehe, what a timely thread. My "4 months post wedding hair chop" is scheduled for after work TODAY! I''m so excited to get rid of my crappy weeds.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
lol! Silly ladies! I remember my ex SIL had much longer hair and cut it incredibly short after their wedding as well. I could see the urge. I''d probably do the same thing!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 11:06:58 PM
Author: thing2of2
But I do want to get a cooler haircut than I have now. Mine is straight across now so I''ll probably just do more choppy edges and sort of V shaped (longer in the back and a little shorter in the front.)

That''s what I want, a cooler haircut!
3.gif
I''m seriously bored with my hair but my issue is that I don''t have hair that shows off a ''cool'' cut. It ends up looking the same, just a different length and maybe a bit poofier (sp?).

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 12:18:38 AM
Author: CaliCushion
I think my hair is my husbands favorite physical feature of mine. I threaten to chop it off.

I''ve been asked multiple times if I have extensions. My hair is really long, but easy to manage. I have A TON of fine naturally wavy strands that I straighten about once a week. Otherwise, I shower and don''t touch it!

I always wonder at what age I''l be too old for hair past my boobs...

LOL. I sometimes think I''m getting too old for hair past the boobs but then I see celebrities who are older and still look great with their hair.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 8:43:52 AM
Author: Lynnie
Another odd one out...

I grow my hair until I have it long enough to chop 10 inches off to donate to Locks of Love. I get it trimmed in long layers, every couple months in between donations (three times so far). I''ve got another year or so before I get to chop it again.

I do have the urge for bangs again. I''ve been growing them out for the past few months - they''re past my chin now.

And, over the past few years (I''m 27), I''ve been under the attack of the GRAYS
14.gif
, so I experiment with color a lot.

For the wedding, I wore it in a low big bun of curls.

Lynnie, that''s great you donate your hair! It''s something I had thought about in the past but I had read they prefer ''virgin'' hair; mine definitely isn''t!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 12:52:52 AM
Author: jstarfireb
I am just DYING to cut my hair! It''s fine and oily, and the longer it gets, the flatter and limper it looks. It''s just to the bottom of my shoulder blades right now, and I can''t stand it. Shoulder-length is the way to go for me, since my rule is that I have to be able to put it in a ponytail. But we''re having our Chinese wedding banquet around the time of our first anniversary, and the husband wants me to grow it even more for that. I don''t really understand why, since it will probably be in an updo anyway. So he has begged me not to do the post-wedding chop. I may take a couple of inches off since I have a long way to go until it has to be long again, but he''s begging me not to. Silly boy.

What is it with boys and long hair?
20.gif
3.gif
Mine is the same way.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 9:35:39 AM
Author: *~*Danielle*~*
And this is when I first got my hair cut. Sorry I''m just not comfortable showing my face!

My biggest problem with this haircut is it''s a really bad haircut! It''s horribly uneven!!

Wow, you cut off a lot. I can''t tell it''s uneven and I love how it looks in the front! I like this length but it doesn''t work for my hair; I end up with a ''triangle'' shaped hairdo (hair is somewhat straighter on top and wavier/curlier after the ears).

I can''t see your face but the bangs seem to suit you.
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 12:22:22 PM
Author: geckodani

Dang I wish I could remember what color dye that is. I like it. It's more brown now.

Wow, geckodani, what a change! You look great! I love that in your current photo you see 'your face' first, know what I mean? I sometimes tend to hide behind my hair. You're a brave woman.
36.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 5:46:13 PM
Author: cakeny
Hehe, what a timely thread. My ''4 months post wedding hair chop'' is scheduled for after work TODAY! I''m so excited to get rid of my crappy weeds.

Come back and let us know how it goes, please!

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Long hair doesn''t have to be boring!

When I''ve gotten bored in the past, I have cut long sideswept bangs. I''ve also switched up my part from side to side and the middle. I also play with little braids (like Lauren on The Hills, haha) etc etc. And color That''s another whole story...

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I have been growing my for about two years, and I want to have long curls for my wedding day in November. I am already starting to negotiate with FI about how much I can cut off, I can''t wait. He loves it long, I love it short, we need to come to some sort of compromise!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 9:00:08 PM
Author: CDNinNYC

Date: 8/5/2009 12:22:22 PM
Author: geckodani

Dang I wish I could remember what color dye that is. I like it. It''s more brown now.

Wow, geckodani, what a change! You look great! I love that in your current photo you see ''your face'' first, know what I mean? I sometimes tend to hide behind my hair. You''re a brave woman.
36.gif
Thanks.
5.gif
To be fair, I had it that short before, so it wasn''t quite as scary as it could have been. You''re right though - there is NO hiding with this hair!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I just have a hair appointment for 4pm this afternoon! I''ve decided not to go real short but I am definitely getting a few inches cut off! I can''t wait, it is so unbelievably thick right now
14.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 3:24:10 AM
Author: kittybean
NO haircut for me! I am so happy to have longer-ish hair right now. I hope it keeps getting longer! I''d really love to have about three more inches. If I cut mine short, I think I''ll look even younger than I already do . . . which is young enough for the flight attendant to ask if I need to be reseated in the exit row (you only have to be FIFTEEN to sit there).

I agree, though, that many girls cut their hair dramatically after their weddings. Are they just tired of a childhood/young adulthood of long hair, or is it symbolic of the change in their lives?

I agree. I want mine to keep growing the way it is. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying this, but I just couldnt do it to my new husband. He has known me with long hair the whole time we were dating and liked it for so long that I dont think it would be fair to have such a dramatic change so fast right after the wedding.

cakeny

Shiny_Rock
well I did it girls, i got my post wedding hair cut last night and I gotta say I love it! I didn't go nearly as drastic on cutting the length but I did get some super bangs and slimmed it all out. Mr Cake was a fan ;-)

I agree. I want mine to keep growing the way it is. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying this, but I just couldnt do it to my new husband. He has known me with long hair the whole time we were dating and liked it for so long that I dont think it would be fair to have such a dramatic change so fast right after the wedding.

Haha. Well, I like to change it up FOR the DH. He loves it cuz it's like "dating someone new" all the time! ;-)

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 4:12:04 PM

Haha. Well, I like to change it up FOR the DH. He loves it cuz it''s like ''dating someone new'' all the time! ;-)

aaaaahhh ;-) good way to look at it....never thought of it this way!
i''ll bring this up to hubby next time i decide to color ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
well I did it girls, i got my post wedding hair cut last night and I gotta say I love it! I didn''t go nearly as drastic on cutting the length but I did get some super bangs and slimmed it all out. Mr Cake was a fan ;-)

Haha. Well, I like to change it up FOR the DH. He loves it cuz it''s like ''dating someone new'' all the time! ;-)
Pics??
9.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 12:53:51 PM
Author: meresal
I just have a hair appointment for 4pm this afternoon! I''ve decided not to go real short but I am definitely getting a few inches cut off! I can''t wait, it is so unbelievably thick right now
14.gif

Hope your appointment went well, Meresal. You''ll have to let us know how short you went.
1.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock

Haha. Well, I like to change it up FOR the DH. He loves it cuz it's like 'dating someone new' all the time! ;-)

Lol, I like that!

I'd probably have to do something drastic for DH to notice right away. Sometimes days will have gone by before he'll say something like "Hey, did you do something different to your hair?"
20.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Alright, so I''m going to make an appointment for cut and colour for next week. Woohoo! I don''t think I''m brave enough to go super short, especially with my type of hair. Seems to be more work the shorter it is.

I''ve been playing around with the idea of a hair cut like this one. I like how it''s still long but there''s a style to it, if that makes sense? My only concern is my hair gets curlier the shorter it is and I really like the look of waves at this length.

jessica-biel.jpg

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
I was ready to cut my hair off six months before my wedding, but managed to restrain myself.....I have very, very thick hair, and it ended up getting half-way down my back and was so heavy it started to fall out....My mom ended up betting me $50 that I wouldn''t chop it all off within a month after the wedding. She lost that bet and I ended up getting a really cute shag/bob ala the girl in "Made of Honor."
9.gif
Sorry-- I''m at work and don''t have comparison pictures.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my hair long for about 4 years and I''m kind of itching to cut it but then I look at pictures and can''t imagine cutting it. Here are a few recent ones, maybe you can help me. The problem is that 90% my hair is pin straight. In order to get it to curl I have to set it for about 3 hours or so. So, I can''t decide. This one my hair is long and curled.

em1longhair.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is a better one of the front:

hairem1.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
This is what it looks like majority of the time. I can''t believe I wore the same outfit to my bridal shower that I wore to engagement pics. WOOPS! Anyway, that is my lovely maid of honor with me and my cake.

showerem1.jpg

anyname

Shiny_Rock
I got married on a friday, i cut all my hair on monday. My hair was down mid-back after it was cut it was above my shoulders. My husband doesn''t really care what i do with my hair, but he likes it when its short.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results