shape
carat
color
clarity

WOW! Timeline keeps getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I was so surprised last night I think I was actually speechless.
6.gif

A little background. This weekend E found the perfect car. He''s been wanting a new one for so long and this one was just perfect. Absolutely amazing, exactly what he wanted and on my dad''s lot. I have to admit I did think "well here we go back to square one on saving for the ring", but I wasn''t upset really b/c he just loved the car and I wanted him to have it b/c I knew how happy it would make him. To my surprise he did not use all his savings as a down payment and was very firm about not putting more down than he had decided on. I was so proud of him.

So last night he drove the car up to visit his sister. He wanted to show her the car and she has a new Wii she want him to check out. So he get to my place and we chat about our days and stuff and out of no where he says:

"When is your lease up?" I say the end of August he asks what I think we should do then b/c he doesn''t want me to sign another 13 month lease and be locked in *in my mind I''m jumping up and down*. Then he starts talking about where he thinks we should live and he very sweet about compromising so my dog will have a yard etc. *I''m speechless*. Then he says we probably need to start planning now so by August we have the perfect place all picked out and everything is in place! He started talking about buying into an urban development we both love and some other areas we would both love to live in. So we decided we would go out and look around and see what we can afford etc. maybe this weekend.

The best part is neither of us wants to live together before we are engaged, and we''re very stubborn about it. His sister bought a house with her now FI before they got engaged and it caused a bunch of drama in his family. So, I asked him if this was going to cause a bunch of drama in his family and he said "No, because it won''t be like that." *EEK* Which means he''s now thinking we will be engaged this summer!

I am so in love with this man I can hardly wait to begin out life together! I was so excited I was almost speechless so before we went to sleep I told him I was very happy and excited about our new plans, and that I didn''t want him to think I wasn''t since I was a little quiet earlier I was just surprised. He said he knew I was happy and excited and he was too.
9.gif

Hmmm maybe I need to make him a ring book now.
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
that is exciting! I think once guys warm up to the idea they are full speed ahead a lot of times. Yay!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, that is so exciting! I would probably be squealing to myself if it was me!! YAY!
36.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
KC, great news!!! Yay!!! Hope it all keeps going as well. And when the wait becomes unbearable, we''re always here for you :)

ringless

Shiny_Rock
awww that is a sweet story, thanks for sharing! That would get my hopes up too!

catty77

Rough_Rock
That''s great! What a relief that your timeline has just improved! :)

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank you all SO MUCH! I am super excited!

I just told my little sister and I swear her chin hit the floor and stayed there. I do love surprises and this is great one.

Miscka - I''m really kinda glad no one told me that sometimes this happens (You have a good talk and your guy just takes off full speed ahead). I would have been hoping and wishing for this and I think it''s better that it was a total and complete surprise.

2.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2008 10:46:27 AM
Author: Miscka
that is exciting! I think once guys warm up to the idea they are full speed ahead a lot of times. Yay!!
^^^ Soooo true!!! ^^^

Congrats KC, make sure you take time to savour all this planning and anticipation!
36.gif

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
That''s great news!!
26.gif

When I saw the title of your thread I read i too quickly and thought it said, "Timeline keeps getting bigger." I thought, "Finally, somone who''s experiencing the same as me!" Then I realised after reading your post that I must have read something wrong!
I''m sooooo happy for you though!
36.gif

Sha

Ideal_Rock
So excited for you!
36.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! I can''t tell you how great it feels to know I wasn''t crazy all along! LOL

This weekend I learned that he has told his mom all about our plans to move in together, which means he also told her about his engagement plans (she would be mortified if we moved in together before the engagement). He has also mentioned his plans to his sister and one of his close cousins. It''s weird but I feel better knowing he''s telling other people because it makes it seem more real.

Actually his cousin (a male cousin btw) and I had a long talk Saturday about our plans to get our own place and get married. It was so cute he said he was going to elope and have a big party afterwards and I told him we were basically thinking the same thing but a destination wedding type thing. Oh, and they are looking to buy a house in the same area we would love to buy or rent in. I guess love is in the air in this family and I couldn''t be happier about it.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 5:30:04 PM
Author: KCCutie
Thank you all so much! I can''t tell you how great it feels to know I wasn''t crazy all along! LOL

This weekend I learned that he has told his mom all about our plans to move in together, which means he also told her about his engagement plans (she would be mortified if we moved in together before the engagement). He has also mentioned his plans to his sister and one of his close cousins. It''s weird but I feel better knowing he''s telling other people because it makes it seem more real.

Actually his cousin (a male cousin btw) and I had a long talk Saturday about our plans to get our own place and get married. It was so cute he said he was going to elope and have a big party afterwards and I told him we were basically thinking the same thing but a destination wedding type thing. Oh, and they are looking to buy a house in the same area we would love to buy or rent in. I guess love is in the air in this family and I couldn''t be happier about it.

I can''t wait listening to your excitement!! It sounds like he''s got a grand plan in mind and you''re going to be engaged before you know it!! *squee*

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOH KC! Im so excited for you! Yay!
36.gif
36.gif
Keep us updated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results