shape
carat
color
clarity

wow....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I just got back from lunch with my boyfriend. We were just sitting and talking about our days so far. I decided not to bring up our trip, because I don''t want to make him feel pressurred. Anyway, he suddenly says "Oh, I forgot to tell you something!". It turns out that he was talking with his mum last night, and she brought up us getting married (he has shown her the ring). She was asking what sort of wedding he was wanting and stuff like that, and she ends the conversation with " Well, your father and I will give you $10,000 and anything you don''t use for the wedding can be put towards your house fund".

AHHHHHHHH!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
How generous, congratulations!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
How wonderful of them! Especially that they''ll let you use whatever you don''t use for the wedding on your house, if only I was so lucky! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-that''s great news!! Hopefully he will do it on your holiday now!! Then the planning can begin
36.gif
36.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the replies!
I am so excited. I cannot believe how generous they are being. They are truly lovely people.
My mum can't really put anything towards our future wedding, because she doesn't earn enough to spare anything for a wedding. I'll still be in school...so their contribution will be so helpful. I doubt we will even spend $10,000. We both want a small, intimate wedding.

Anyway, enough about weddings! It's far away! I just can't wait to get away and have fun! Well..and also there's the prospect of a sweet proposal and sparkly ring!!
31.gif

2 days until we leave!!!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you''re very fortunate to have such generous almost future in-laws!

Yay!
36.gif
9.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Anchor - You are right! I am very lucky.
1.gif

I am starting to get very excited!

Tomorrow is Wednesday! We leave Friday morning at 4am!

Oh gosh, won''t I feel a fool if he doesn''t propose? hahah. Oh well. I''ve waited this long...so even if he doesn''t propose this weekend, he''ll do it when the time is right.

27.gif
*hopefully this weekend will be the right time*

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel a fool if he doesnt do it-I think most LIW think it might happen when a holiday is planned. I hope that it definitely is the right time and he does it!

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
BeeBee,
Just enjoy your vacation. Don''t think too much of the ring (I know it''s hard!). But like you said, he''ll propose when it''s the right time. For now, enjoy your vacation with your boyfriend:)

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Bee and Kristie76: Thanks for keeping me in line! I think that we all get a little caught up and forget to just relax and enjoy!!! I am trying to focus less on the prospect of engagement by researching and looking at pics of Montreal. I am very excited! It''s a beautiful city and there is so much I want to do.
36.gif

I just got back from shopping! What better excuse to go shopping than needing summer clothes for a vacation?! I got a bunch of pretty summer dresses - each one of them was under $20!

Hope you all have a good day!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I was in your spot last summer... I was convinced my BF would propose on our vacation! He did... but he waited until the LAST day! I was miserable the whole time... trying to have fun but wondering what was keeping him from it! He told me later he wanted to do it on our last day because of where we would be that day and also because he knows I always get depressed at the end of a vacation because we have to go home and he wanted me to have something to be excited about! Of course, he figured out the night before that the reason I was sort of pouty must have something to do with dissapointment!

So try try try to enjoy your trip even if he hasn''t proposed yet! He may be waiting for a specific moment or place!

And WOW on the generous in-laws!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I can only hope for the day that a lunch with my BF ends with such good news!! Wow! Very generous!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not sure if I''ll be able to log on later, but just want to say have a great vacation!! I''ll keep my fingers crossed that you will be back with a lovely fiance and a nice ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results