shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst LIW Ever - Engaged 2 weeks ago!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Well, the title pretty much tells the story here, haha.

2 weeks ago he got down on one knee with our beloved dogs with wonderful friends hiding in the bushes taking pictures and waiting with champagne. We took some time just to enjoy it, I took a trip with a friend and now the fact that I have to plan an entire wedding is really starting to sink in!

Thanks for the support, I didn't post often but I lurked always. I should probably start my own SMTB thread but truth be told, I haven't had a photoshoot yet!! Like I said, worst LIW ever and possibly worst PS-er in history. Post vacay back to work catch up insanity + engagement excitement + wedding planning = no time to photograph gorgeous ring :(

Dust to all and dust to myself that I get my sh*t together....any day now would be greeeaat!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
In an attempt at redemption, I checked it out and so as not ruin the integrity of the list, I "technically" signed off at 21 but I am "officially" coming off at number 19. This doesn't redeem me at all, but for those keeping track of lucky numbers :razz:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: Hi there, stranger! ;)) Congratulations!!

BLASPHEMY. How can you not have had a bling shoot? I have my cellphone camera with me and take pictures ALL. THE. TIME. C'mon, Faye, get yourself to it!! :naughty: We're dying to see the ring. Can we at least get details while we wait? My imagination can be put to work ;))

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I do carry my iPhone everywhere and I try and I try but I just cannot seem to get the camera to capture any of what I'm seeing in real life! I have some vendor photos, will that suffice?! No hand shots, someone please teach me how to take pictures of a stunning OEC!!!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Fayethful, if you've got a stunning OEC, you've GOT to post it. You know I'm an antique cut addict, right? Haha. It's like crack to me!

If I'm able to get some decent photos from my poopy iPhone 4 before they upgraded to better iPhone 4S + cameras, you can do it! I was just told by another PSer that 8am sunlight is the best. I played around this morning--- it truly is the best! The sun is only coming from one direction, and is at the perfect location. Experiment with the light coming from behind the ring so that you're facing the sun, but your hand is blocking the light, and with the light coming from behind YOU, in front of the ring, but with your body sort of blocking the light. I like both lighting environments, but they both give off different glows. Take the photo from far away from the ring, and click on the area the ring is (I like to center the little box and just aim my hand towards the center) to focus. Keep clicking. Click click click! It takes me about 20 photos to get 1 or 2 good ones. Then zoom in on them to see if you like the photos. If you do, email them to yourself and crop them on a computer. DON'T GET TOO CLOSE. You'll create a reflection of your phone/camera and darken the photo.. and DON'T USE ZOOM. The zoom makes for some blurry poopy photos :(

Another trick I did today was create a video of the ring in the pretty light. Move your fingers just ever so slightly and slowly to catch the light play. When you're done, play the video on your phone, and pause it every second to see if you like the shot. If you like the paused image, you can screen shot the video into a photo by pressing the the top button and the home button at the same time.

I hope this helps!

Please come back and share!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Haha I totally understand...life totally gets in the way!! Sounds very exciting though and we want to see pictures, no matter how bad!!!! Especially of old cuts!!! I love all these proposals with doggies involved! Congratulations ::)

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1376032767|3499553 said:
Oh no, Fayethful, if you've got a stunning OEC, you've GOT to post it. You know I'm an antique cut addict, right? Haha. It's like crack to me!

If I'm able to get some decent photos from my poopy iPhone 4 before they upgraded to better iPhone 4S + cameras, you can do it! I was just told by another PSer that 8am sunlight is the best. I played around this morning--- it truly is the best! The sun is only coming from one direction, and is at the perfect location. Experiment with the light coming from behind the ring so that you're facing the sun, but your hand is blocking the light, and with the light coming from behind YOU, in front of the ring, but with your body sort of blocking the light. I like both lighting environments, but they both give off different glows. Take the photo from far away from the ring, and click on the area the ring is (I like to center the little box and just aim my hand towards the center) to focus. Keep clicking. Click click click! It takes me about 20 photos to get 1 or 2 good ones. Then zoom in on them to see if you like the photos. If you do, email them to yourself and crop them on a computer. DON'T GET TOO CLOSE. You'll create a reflection of your phone/camera and darken the photo.. and DON'T USE ZOOM. The zoom makes for some blurry poopy photos :(

Another trick I did today was create a video of the ring in the pretty light. Move your fingers just ever so slightly and slowly to catch the light play. When you're done, play the video on your phone, and pause it every second to see if you like the shot. If you like the paused image, you can screen shot the video into a photo by pressing the the top button and the home button at the same time.

I hope this helps!

Please come back and share!

Great photo tips! And I too am an antique cut addict. We need pictures ASAP! I've been thinking of getting the Photojojo macro lens for my iPhone. Supposedly it works really good on ring shots :Up_to_something:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Cant wait to see pictures! :love:

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
Madelise you are a God-send!! Photo shoot this weekend, I'll be back and I hope to not be too disappointing in my photography skills :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hehe you've got a date with your bling bling!! :love: It's really fun to observe how different old cuts are in different lighting and environment! Play with reflections, too! They can usually pick up reflections of the environment very well, like the color of your shirt or your iPhone case! Have fun getting to "know" your diamond better!!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
My ring is currently at my jeweller having the prongs re-tipped and the whole setting is being refurbished (he's a little old, no big D!). So I thought I would post one before photo of the crappy prongs and setting and couple loose diamond photos. He took a couple for me, I wanted him to take a million but I didn't want to seem insane so here's a teaser, I will get some good after shots when it's done that I will post! I tried Mad, my photography skills are getting better but I just can't compare to these close ups! I will also post a few vendor photos as well. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

ring_before.jpg

loose_diamond_1.jpg

loose_diamond_2.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY CRAP, FAYE. You're not allowed to hide this kind of goodness from us! Please. More pictures ASAP! It looks ginormous! You must have teeny hands. I remember you saying it's a 2+ carat-er, right? The finger coverage you get from this baby is like a 4 carat-er on me :p

Those photos you have of it in the box look to be good quality photos. Are they larger on your computer? You can zoom in and crop them :sun: cus I'd love to see em!!

Fayethful

Rough_Rock
I wish!! Those are just vendor photos of the ring on the top portion of the finger, my ring size is a 5.75 and this is a 2.77 carat diamond so it looks large but not like a 4 carat, lol.

I'll see what I can do about those box photos, I have zero computer abilities but I will try, for you :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that's gorgeous!!!! Can't wait to see the rehabbed prongs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results