shape
carat
color
clarity

words besides

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason, my BF hates the word, "fiancee." He thinks it sounds cheesey-- go figure-- I've always liked it!
20.gif

We were trying to think of "fiancee" alternatives-- Something that doesn't sound silly or overally dramatic (I think, "This is my bethrothed" sounds a bit...eh...arachaic...) but communicates the idea that yes, we are getting married!

Any ideas? I figure you guys are the experts!

Edited to add:
Opps... that was supposed to say, "Words Besides 'Fiancee'." Guess you can't edit the titles...

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Introduce him as your "soon-to-be-husband" and make him call you "soon-to-be-wife." It'll be too much of a mouthful and he'll realize the simplicity of "Fiance/fiancee" LOL

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
how about husband to be or wife to be?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard the term "intended" used, as in "intended husband/wife". Ex: My intended and I are going to sample some wedding cake on Saturday.
21.gif

Of course, now that I keep saying it over in my head, it sounds really strange...

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
We always just say Mine, Yours..... or sometimes Ehemann or Frau. You could introduce him as the luckiest guy alive since he gets you.... or you could just call each other by your first names. Do whatever is comfertable for both of you.

Croí

Shiny_Rock

H2B ?? not to be confused with H2O !

after all, you''ve just about got him ........ or he you ..... or you already have but you know ........ grrr .... rambling, I need food ..... is it Friday yet ???

H2B -
this is especially genius if you are manic text messager like moi !

Croí

Shiny_Rock

you could even make up rhymes !

echc-too-bee
you''re my dooby
scooby wooby
whoop-a-dee-doody !

me,

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always liked the word future...

You can say, this is my future husband, but I think it''s very romantic to just say that he is your future, period.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
OT: I just noticed that I''ve been upgraded to Ideal Rock! I''m so excited!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Congrats Apple
9.gif
9.gif

Hmmmm...I can''t think of anything else, but I like intended, betrothed (both kind of tongue in cheek old fashioned)
2.gif

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats, Apple!

THanks for the great ideas, ladies.
I''ll see what he thinks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results