shape
carat
color
clarity

woohoo! apartment shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
We''re looking at apartments together! (I won''t move in until my lease is up this summer).
But he knows that I want to be engaged before actually living together - we talked about it the other day. I''d actually probably be okay moving in as long as there were firm engagement plans. I''m starting to think those of you who lived together first have the right idea.
2.gif

So, I guess that means he needs to start ring shopping, and that it''ll be in the next few months?

I don''t need dust yet, ladies, but I''m pretty excited. It doesn''t seem real, somehow...

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
That''s great news! Maybe you can squeeze a few ring viewings in when you are out and about looking at apartments
emwink.gif

Good luck!!!!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
That's great news, TheBigT!

Are you looking for apartments in NYC? What area?

SO and I live in midtown so he can be close to work, but conveniently for me
9.gif
we are minutes away from the NY diamond district. I conveniently find excuses to walk that way when we're out and about running errands....
27.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, gals!

CDN - He''s on the UWS, which I love, but we want more space so we''re heading to the suburbs: Park Slope.
2.gif

I love Brooklyn so I''m happy, and he''s pretty excited, too! He''s never had more than a 10-minute commute, which should be interesting. All the Letter trains instead of the 2/3. Luckily he works on 50th, so I can meet him and steer him toward my favorite sparkly windows!

Of course, now that we''re considering real estate prices I''m sure my ring budget shrank a little...

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 4:27:58 PM
Author:TheBigT
We''re looking at apartments together! (I won''t move in until my lease is up this summer).

But he knows that I want to be engaged before actually living together - we talked about it the other day. I''d actually probably be okay moving in as long as there were firm engagement plans. I''m starting to think those of you who lived together first have the right idea.
2.gif

So, I guess that means he needs to start ring shopping, and that it''ll be in the next few months?

I don''t need dust yet, ladies, but I''m pretty excited. It doesn''t seem real, somehow...
36.gif
YAY! I''m right there with you! My SO and I actually drove around a few nights ago and looked at houses in an area we like. We decided they are a little too expensive (at least for now) so we''re going to look into renting maybe a house or a condo for a year or so, that way after the wedding and all that we can buy the house we really want.
36.gif

We both want to be engaged before we move in together and my lease is up the end of August so I see a ring in my summer plans now. Looks like you do too! What a pleasant surprise!

I know exactly what you mean about it all not seeming real. I feel I like I''m dreaming and I love it!
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 4:50:56 PM
Author: TheBigT
Thanks, gals!

CDN - He''s on the UWS, which I love, but we want more space so we''re heading to the suburbs: Park Slope.
2.gif

I love Brooklyn so I''m happy, and he''s pretty excited, too! He''s never had more than a 10-minute commute, which should be interesting. All the Letter trains instead of the 2/3. Luckily he works on 50th, so I can meet him and steer him toward my favorite sparkly windows!

Of course, now that we''re considering real estate prices I''m sure my ring budget shrank a little...

Lol, I don''t know how you new york ladies do it. I would get soooo lost. In my town I walk everywhere and the streets all have names like oak, elm, main, broadway, etc. I hope I live in fargo forever :)
Congrats on apartment shopping, I remember how happy I was when me and SO got our first apt. together, seems like forever ago! Now we have been looking around at houses :)

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
KCCUtie -- Yay for you, too!! I really wish I could look for a house. We renting as we can''t afford to purchase an apartment right now (most of the 1-br apartments for purchase that I''ve looked at are around $700,000 - $1 million -- yikes). And a house in the city is totally out of the question. But someday, someday . . .

Smurfy - it''s easy when the streets are numbered. You always know how to get to where you''re going! It''s the West Village thats impossible, with it crooked streets and street names. Greenwich St vs. Greenwich Ave?! No good at all!

brooke.lynne

Rough_Rock
Oooh BigT! The Slope is where it''s at! I''m so with you on the space thing: that''s why I live in PS instead of in midtown. PLUS there is a fabulous jewelry store on seventh ave: www.clay-pot.com. that you must visit. Good luck!
4.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2008 9:00:51 PM
Author: TheBigT
KCCUtie -- Yay for you, too!! I really wish I could look for a house. We renting as we can''t afford to purchase an apartment right now (most of the 1-br apartments for purchase that I''ve looked at are around $700,000 - $1 million -- yikes). And a house in the city is totally out of the question. But someday, someday . . .
Yikes! That is why I love it here in KC! Don''t get me wrong I love NYC but only for a visit.
2.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I''m still fairly new to NYC so I''m glad the streets in my neighbourhood are numbered! I''''m not familiar with Brooklyn so I''ve never heard of Park Slope. (Off to google Brooklyn suburbs...) Is there that big a difference in space?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 6:42:15 PM
Author: CDNinNYC
I''m still fairly new to NYC so I''m glad the streets in my neighbourhood are numbered! I''''m not familiar with Brooklyn so I''ve never heard of Park Slope. (Off to google Brooklyn suburbs...) Is there that big a difference in space?

No, unfortunately, there''s not a huge difference in the amount of space. I was more or less joking about Brooklyn being the suburbs. But inch-for-inch, I still think Park Slope is slightly less expensive than any neighborhood I''d want to live in in Manhattan. We''re looking at renting one-bedrooms that cost less than my studio in Manhattan did a year or so ago, so . . . that''s something!

Park Slope has great shops and restaurants (and, of course, the Clay Pot)- I recommend spending a Saturday there walking around. Prospect Park is also lovely, especially when the weather gets nicer (like today!). Plus, there''s the Brooklyn Museum of Art and the Brooklyn Botanic Garden all within walking distance.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
that''s sooo exciting.
36.gif
i live in nyc too but have never been to brooklyn. i heard they have cute little shops in park slope. hmm.. maybe i should do a little trip there sometime.
1.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
We are in the same boat, only with a slightly longer timeline in mind (6-9 months... hopefully more like 6!). It is so exciting. We were looking at condos last time I visited. I can''t wait! Like you, I''m hesitant to move without firm engagement PLANS at least. I am ok with living together for awhile before, but not indefinitely.

I know what you mean about it not seeming real, though. I don''t think it will feel real to me til we actually make an offer on a place.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I think once the weather warms up a bit more, I''ll take a trip out to Park Slope. Am interested in getting better aquainted with the other boroughs... Totally up for discovering newer places to shop and eat!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
BigT--1Bdrms in Park Slope cost $700k? That is insane!!! My BF purchased a co-op in Bronxville (Lower Westchester County - 20 Min from the UWS) 4 years ago for $150k. Although real estate has gone up, you can still find beautiful apartments up here for less than $200k w/ fireplace and everything!!!

However, I understand why you like BK...everything is so concentrated down there and the neighborhood feel is great too. I'm from Massachusetts so I tend to like suburban areas more like Westchester--I love being close to everything and yet have some quiet too.

Good luck on the moving in though! Its an exciting time. For us it has been great (most of the time anyway!!!). hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results