shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you be buying yourself a gift this Christmas LIW''s?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just curious to see if anyone will be buying themself a gift from themselves. (lol!) FF and I have a budget set for each other at $200. I didn't really ask for anything but there is one thing that I really want (that is OVER our set budget) The thing is, if I don't get it now...then the price will go up and then I probably wont ever get it. It's $250. I am considering buying it for myself and saying "Merry Christmas Dreamgirl!"
27.gif
Either that, or asking FF to pay for a small part of it and have him give it to me (eventhough I would have paid for most of it) Or just pass on it all together. I don't know yet, I've never done anything like this before...

So, yes or no? Will you be buying yourself a Christmas gift?
33.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought myself a pair of metallic pewter Ugg boots. I''ve been coveting them since last Christmas but I already had 2 pairs at the time and I really didn''t need one more. They were on sale and I had my BF check my budget to make sure I wasn''t spending money I didn''t have and would still have extra leftover. Plus, I''ve been working quite a bit extra over the last two months so I definitely think I''ve earned it!!!

Dreamgirl, I work with kids and I asked one of them if he was excited about Christmas and he said "Yes....and I''m not on the naughty list." He''s 6 years old and it was so adorable!!! If you''re not on the naughty list and you have it within your means (considering the economy and your particular SO''s concern with economy), then GO FOR IT!!! I''m sure you deserve it!
21.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
So, what is this one thing Dreamgirl?
11.gif

I did, I had a thread in Hangout
10.gif
but I am not a LIW...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
sammy- Yeah....he is concerned with the economy! haha! But my money is not his money (yet anyway) Although, he keeps saying we need to save money. Which I do 99% of the time! I just don't want to feel 'guilty' if I buy it...you know? Cause I'm like that.

Miscka- What do you think it is?
31.gif
(hehe)
11.gif

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
Are you positive that your SO isn''t going to splurge a little and get it for you if he knows what you want, and that you want it so badly? I''d say go for it, because if you really want it, you''ll just kick yourself later for not doing it when you know you can get a really great deal.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
is this the tiffs scarf?
25.gif
thats my guess but im not sure...

im all for buying gifts for oneself in any case. I wanted a sweater...i bought it and SO will give it to me on the day (im making life easier for him i think
31.gif
) and a few months ago i bought myself a christmas/birthday/christmas/another birthday handbag
9.gif
so yes dreamgirl i think you should buy that ''something something'' for yourself
36.gif

princess_natalie

Rough_Rock
I feel that if you really want something and it is practical - then go for it!
You deserve it.

Personally, there isn''t really anything I want this Christmas. Maybe money to help me pay for school/books/grad program applications but other than that just happiness! Although, I can''t buy myself any of the above
3.gif
So, I say YES. Get it :) Whatever ''it'' is!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a new computer this month, I guess that can count as an early christmas present for me :).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 7:15:14 PM
Author: Blackpaw
is this the tiffs scarf?
25.gif
thats my guess but im not sure...
haha! Close. But I decided that wouldn't be worth the money. After all, its a SCARF!!! If it were $65 I think I'd buy it. It's actually a necklace (from Tiffany) they recently came out with it. It's sliver with what I believe to be an 1.50ct cushion cut amethyst. (I think it's an amethyst) I don't have any gemstones and I think its BEAUTIFUL!!! I fell in love with it a few months ago when I saw it online but I saw it this past Saturday in the store and ooooo it's sooooo pretty. I also thought it would tame my LIWitis for a while. hehe! If I can't get a diamond now, why not another gemstone? I also don't think that's a bad price really. I'd show you a photo but it isn't online anymore...

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Heh.. I buy myself gifts all the time - for no special reason really :)
So yea! Of course I''ll be getting myself something for Xmas - there are a few options
31.gif

There is actually a pair of red BCBG heels I''ve been leaning towards..
Merry Christmas to meeee!!
27.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought myself a necklace from Clay Pot that has some significance to FF and I. It''s supposed to arrive tomorrow which sucks because we''re leaving tomorrow! I didn''t think that all the way through. Oh well. I''ll post it when I get it!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Freke from this Clay Pot??

Dreamgirl, we''re hoping to get each other our wedding bands as holiday gifts (I was letting my fiance off easy, since he doesn''t like getting presents, and has a hard time shopping for them for other people as well)!
I''m getting myself a spa day as soon as finals are over. Every semester I''ve gotten a massage, but this time I''m going to get a couple of extras, also!

And, I think you should get the necklace. You deserve it, right?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one!

Woot! It''s supposed to get here tomorrow, but that''s when we''re leaving. I''m putting my FSIL in charge of making sure it gets here. She''s checking on our animals and keeping an eye on the place, so I told her about the shipment, sent her the tracking # and told her to kick some UPS @$$ if they try to not deliver it or something stupid.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I put a RHR on layby.

It looks very similar to THIS
30.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I don''t know. I don''t really want anything. The Lady Day coat was too expensive, and I haven''t found any other that I really like. But I''ve got some money, now. Not sure what to do with it, yet.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 1:23:32 AM
Author: FrekeChild
This one!

Woot! It''s supposed to get here tomorrow, but that''s when we''re leaving. I''m putting my FSIL in charge of making sure it gets here. She''s checking on our animals and keeping an eye on the place, so I told her about the shipment, sent her the tracking # and told her to kick some UPS @$$ if they try to not deliver it or something stupid.

That is SO cute! Wear it in good health.

The Clay Pot storefront is right in my neighborhood - I go there all the time. I didn''t realize they had any kind of national reputation. But I love it there.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I usually buy myself something...but not until right after Christmas. I''ll just buy myself what I didn''t get for Christmas.

In your case though I would just go ahead and buy it if your sure your SO isn''t going to get it for you...If FF and I set a $200 limit and I knew there was something that he really wanted that was $250...I would probably just buy it for him...I would think "What''s 50 bucks relative to the 200 I''m already going to spend?"...but that''s just my opinion.

If you do get it, you must show us some pics
31.gif

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I bought myself a present last night. It was a bit of an impulse purchase - Coach Carly hobo in plum. I've been wanting it forever and found myself with a bit of extra money so figured... why not?

SO is thinks I am nuts to spend so much on a purse
11.gif
. And because I bought another handbag not too long ago! Oh well. It's not that bad -- it's not like it's LV or something! (Which I don't like anyway, fortunately)

I kind of did need it. I've been buying cheap purses forever and they just fall apart on me within a few months. I am trying to buy a few decent bags so I can keep them for awhile instead. /end rationalization

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 10:37:57 PM
Author: ilovethiswebsite
this necklace ? link
YES!!!!!!!!! But with a sliver chain.
28.gif

What do you ladies think? It''s 1.50ct.....

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:21:16 AM
Author: absolut_blonde
I bought myself a present last night. It was a bit of an impulse purchase - Coach Carly hobo in plum.
Yeah see, that's just the thing. I bought myself a $300 Coach handbag in November (?) I can't remeber if it was November or October. But it was something I had planned on getting. I also happened to go out to Macy's (this past Saturday) with a friends and family coupon to purchase a possible Coach wristlet but I chose to pass on it....

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2008 11:09:54 AM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 12/16/2008 10:37:57 PM

Author: ilovethiswebsite

this necklace ? link
YES!!!!!!!!! But with a sliver chain.
28.gif

What do you ladies think? It''s 1.50ct.....

I think it''s pretty. Have you seen it in person?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! It''s GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I won''t be spoiling myself this season...I''m still trying to figure out what to get my children, parents and my boyfriend.
7.gif

tabu

Shiny_Rock
I''m really bad
11.gif
I buy myself stuff all the time.....
28.gif
However, I''ve never wrapped a present and put in under the tree for me to open from myself, might have to try that
3.gif
I know it''s bad, especially with the economy and how pretty much everyone is struggling financially right now. I don''t know what it is, if I see something, I buy it! Only if I have the money though, if it''s too expenive I won''t even think twice. But I think it''s ok for people to buy something for themelves every once in a while.
36.gif
Yay for shopping!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK SO GUESS WHAT...............
33.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I BOUGHT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I called my Tiffany and they are out of it already.
20.gif
So they are able to order it for me and ship it to my house by Christmas with a red ribbon tied on it. YIPPEEEE Merry Christmas to Dreamgirl!!!!!!!!!! I'm gettin an amethyst pendant for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF is going to think I'm crazy. But, I don't care! I deserve it after everything I've been through this past year. It's a great way to say HELLO 2009!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results