shape
carat
color
clarity

why is it so dead around here?

Rose_Dust

Shiny_Rock
Where did everyone go? Did 2.0 scare everyone away? I need some form of distraction during work.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi
35.gif

I think a lot of the ladies who had been around here are busy with work/school. It is sad to see it so quiet here. I used to spend all day in LIW/ST and maybe peak at the other areas of PS and now...

You''re welcome to jump into ST. It is a great place to post random stuff through the day and not have to start a bunch of threads.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I know, me too. I hate that nobody really posts that much..I''ll make a post about something once I get back from school that I need to vent about =D ...some entertainment.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
It is quiet! I was a little overwhelmed with work for a few days, so I didn''t check this forum (for at least 3 days). When I came back, I expected to be deluged with posts I''d missed. But it only took about 5 minutes to get up to speed. I almost wanted to post just to say something. But my post would have read something like "I''m still here. I still love my boyfriend. He''s still probably going to propose this Fall. I like chocolate chip cookies." So I held off, mostly for your benefit. But I do like cookies.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because there''s no drama. Quick--someone post a thread about living together before marriage!
11.gif
(FYI, I am totally kidding. Those never turn out well.)

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I noticed a big drop in traffic during the whole 2.0 commotion (including from myself), but seems to be slowly trickling back.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think people are anticipatory when it comes to posting b/c we have no idea when 2.0 might pop up again. I for one am posting away and if they are gone then so be it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh monarch...we live together before marriage...are we terrible people???

just went to a wedding, the couple lived in 2 apts in the same building, are moving in immediately after getting married. kind of cute, but for our situation impractical...

our situation: I was in undergrad in NY, he was in grad school...I stayed a year there working and applying to grad school...then I moved to CA to go to grad school. He still had a year in NY. After a year of long distance, we knew we were in it for the long haul, he moved out here. He moved into my apt because we knew we would be spending all of our time together anyway, plus apts in our town are really expensive, plus both sets of parents approved it. So, while I think it''s sort of cute to not live together until you''re married, it didn''t really work for us. I''m really glad we live together now, it''s been really awesome (and yes, a ring is on the way :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 1:11:49 PM
Author: slg47
ooh monarch...we live together before marriage...are we terrible people???

just went to a wedding, the couple lived in 2 apts in the same building, are moving in immediately after getting married. kind of cute, but for our situation impractical...

our situation: I was in undergrad in NY, he was in grad school...I stayed a year there working and applying to grad school...then I moved to CA to go to grad school. He still had a year in NY. After a year of long distance, we knew we were in it for the long haul, he moved out here. He moved into my apt because we knew we would be spending all of our time together anyway, plus apts in our town are really expensive, plus both sets of parents approved it. So, while I think it''s sort of cute to not live together until you''re married, it didn''t really work for us. I''m really glad we live together now, it''s been really awesome (and yes, a ring is on the way :)
Actually my point was that those threads never turn out well. It was just a bit of sarcastic humor, and I won''t comment on the subject at all because it''s a controversial topic in the land of LIW. But if you want to go ahead and start the discussion I''ll happily sit back and watch the fur fly for the 50th time.
2.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
haha yeah, I sensed that was your point. I don''t really care. It would make LIW less boring!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 1:30:40 PM
haha yeah, I sensed that was your point. I don''t really care. It would make LIW less boring!!!
LOL.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
It IS dead around here. Come on ladies, I need something to do while I''m sitting around waiting to interview for jobs (and have no money to really go anywhere
39.gif
)!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well I have an update, we paid for my setting today since the insurance went through, so hopefully I will have my ring soon!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2010 7:00:32 PM
well I have an update, we paid for my setting today since the insurance went through, so hopefully I will have my ring soon!

That''s a great update! I''ll have to go back and read your bio or something because I am a slacker in LIW and have no idea what your story is! Congrats on getting the setting paid for! I''m a "surprise" e-ring LIW so I have no idea what my setting or stone will be. And that''s actually the way I want it. (Although, talk to me post-proposal and I might be singing a different tune, ha!)
35.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh I don''t have a bio...lol...where should I post one??

anyway, yes, I wanted to be involved in the ring shopping process since I am picky...and just better to get exactly what I want when BF is spending a lot of $$...less stress on him too

VikingP77

Rough_Rock
I''ve been posting on Wedding Bee/Waiting Bee a lot more....But I still love this forum!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 1:55:14 AM
oh I don''t have a bio...lol...where should I post one??

anyway, yes, I wanted to be involved in the ring shopping process since I am picky...and just better to get exactly what I want when BF is spending a lot of $$...less stress on him too
Just start a thread here in LIW!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
haha I have started WAY too many threads in Rocky Talky asking about my ring, I don''t want to hog LIW also :D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 5:26:33 PM
haha I have started WAY too many threads in Rocky Talky asking about my ring, I don''t want to hog LIW also :D
Are you kidding? It''s dead, hog away!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s dead because it''s summer, and because of the 2.0 fiasco. Who wants to post with the imminent threat of "Your post won''t make it since it was made past May 26th!" (Although I doubt thats true now.)

As for myself, as I''m sure some people have noticed (not necessarily in LIW) I''ve kind of dropped off the face of the earth because I got a job and go to bed at a reasonable hour. (GAHHHHHHHHHH!) Which means little PS time for me.
14.gif

For the record, we lived together before marriage. He got the milk for free and he still chose to put a ring on it!

Must be love.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 11:49:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
It''s dead because it''s summer, and because of the 2.0 fiasco. Who wants to post with the imminent threat of ''Your post won''t make it since it was made past May 26th!'' (Although I doubt thats true now.)

As for myself, as I''m sure some people have noticed (not necessarily in LIW) I''ve kind of dropped off the face of the earth because I got a job and go to bed at a reasonable hour. (GAHHHHHHHHHH!) Which means little PS time for me.
14.gif

For the record, we lived together before marriage. He got the milk for free and he still chose to put a ring on it!

Must be love.

LOL!

BF is asleep in our bedroom, our dogs are at my feet, and since I''m not tired I''m up late. Of course, I say that, but really, this is normal for me. He just crashed early.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2010 8:43:13 PM
OK, I made an introduction!
''bout time! I dare you to add yourself to the LIW list now.
31.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results