shape
carat
color
clarity

Who's hoping for a Xmas/New year proposal?

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies,

As each day of this year passes i am getting more and more confident that the proposal is going to happen over xmas/new year. Comments from BF like "you are getting the best present ever this year" "I have a special suprise instore for you in a couple of months" "i wont be proposing until after november" are only adding to my suspicions! He has been walking around with a big goofy smile on his face, acting super cuddly and i catch him gazing at me with a grin.

Any other ladies out there thinking a propsal might happen over the Holidays? It would make for a magical festive season :appl:

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I really have no clue since my BF isn't dropping any hints at all but I would love to have a proposal around the Christmas season. It's my absolute favorite time of year and I'm very into celebrating and decorating. I think it would be really awesome if he did but I'm not getting my hopes up. I guess we'll see but at this point I'm not very hopeful.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping for one, but im not now. He keeps saying he doesnt know what to get me for christmas, so im taking that, its not gonna happen. Was told it would happen by the end of the year, but i dont know if its gonna happen. Im trying to NOT get my hopes up :roll:

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Maybe.....He said it will be this year and he has a plan. If he's going for a special occasion it's eithr Christmas, New Years or our 3yr anniversary.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
4ever- do you two have any plans for your anni? C has to work on our anni, so we are gonna kind of celebrate on monday when we go to Shark Reef.Its really hard for him get time off due to his department being 24hrs

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I was hoping we'd be engaged before Christmas so we could celebrate with our families on Christmas day, but since we're moving now, all our energy and money is focused on that. The ring will take a while to make (not to mention cost some money!), so I'm thinking it will more likely happen early next year. Oh well. At least we're moving in together and have an awesome new place! I have been promised it will happen before my ominous 30th birthday in February, after which point I will be irrevocably old.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Yep me! I am hoping for a proposal while we are overseas at the end of there year! :')

I am quite sure he has the ring already, hidden away.

We are going to Kuala Lumpur in Malysia, then Luang Prabang in Laos, then Chaing Mai and Koh Samui in Thailand, then Bangkok (just for some shopping).

We are staying in some pretty swanky places and going to some really nice resturants while we are away so I am very excited either way!

But I have let my hopes get very high and unfortunately I might end up broken hearted if it doesnt happen...

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
PrincessNatalie|1289522868|2762775 said:
Yep me! I am hoping for a proposal while we are overseas at the end of there year! :')

I am quite sure he has the ring already, hidden away.

We are going to Kuala Lumpur in Malysia, then Luang Prabang in Laos, then Chaing Mai and Koh Samui in Thailand, then Bangkok (just for some shopping).

We are staying in some pretty swanky places and going to some really nice resturants while we are away so I am very excited either way!

But I have let my hopes get very high and unfortunately I might end up broken hearted if it doesnt happen...

Awesome Holiday! Thailand is amazing, you will love it. Chang Mai is my favourite place, and if your into cooking google Chang Mai Thai cooking school. They do one day courses which are so much fun. My BF was not keen to go but he now says it was one of the highlights of our trip... and you get to eat the delicious food you cook :appl:

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Yes I love Chaing Mai too, we went there last year, and did a cooking school, vegetarian of course (I am vego), it was absolutely awesome. This year we will probably do it again, and we didnt get a chance to go up Doi Suthep, so we want to head up there to see the kings winter palace, and I want to go to Chaing Mai Zoo too, to see the pandas and the giraffe.

We went to Tiger Kingdom last year and played with the tigers, it was an amazing experience!

And we also visted the elephants! And the snake man.

Oh my gosh, I can not wait! 4 weeks 3 days to go!

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
I don't really mind when it is, but since we are already semi-planning for a June 2011 wedding, I'd really like it to happen sooner rather than later, so we can start ACTUALLY planning! (Although I could also post in the "Are you not really wanting to plan your wedding" thread, so that seems like a contradiction....).

I know the ring is being made at the moment but I don't know how long it will take or how long he plans to keep it before he proposes, so it's all a bit of a mystery. He may well decide to wait until New Year's!! :twirl:

inlove1982

Rough_Rock
Well I'm hoping that it'll happen tomorrow night, on our 2 year anniversary while we are on our trip BUT like most of us LIW, I hate getting my hopes up! So if it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'd love for it to be around Christmas or New Years Eve.

Can I get some much needed DUST for tomorrow though? I'm only working for a few hours today and then heading off for our trip so it'll be hard to keep my mind off of a possible proposal but I'm going to try my hardest :) Either way, proposal or not, this trip & time alone will be amazing!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
DUST to inlove and Jessie!

I am 99% sure it won't happen for me until next year. I am so looking forward to all the proposal stories over the next two months though!

Rezi

Rough_Rock
Dust and love for all!! If you think it will happen during the holidays, how/when do you think it will happen? Will you be getting any other gifts than the ring? Would be kind of cool to find the ring or a proposal message in a christmas present, especially if the presents are opened just between you too, or privately. Would not really want it to happen in front of the whole family.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
***Dust*** for all the lovely LIW's.

May your proposals come very soon.

It is such a special moment and will be worth the wait. :))

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
DUST for inlove and Jessie :appl: jessie that listkeeper role has to be worth a little something right? :cheeky:

i would love a holiday proposal, especially as it seems we might be spending xmas eve at a nice hotel...but alas it will be early-ish next year when i myself pick the stone etc =)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Jessie702|1289504399|2761981 said:
4ever- do you two have any plans for your anni? C has to work on our anni, so we are gonna kind of celebrate on monday when we go to Shark Reef.Its really hard for him get time off due to his department being 24hrs

Well I hav'nt actaully made plans or asked him what we should do incase it IS going to happen on our anniversary. I guess I should soon incase it's not going to happen then and we end up doing nothing :lol:

Bummer about your BF not getting time off. What's shark Reef?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
OMG in the last stretch the time is going so slow!!!

4 weeks today till we get on a plane!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Shark Reef is an aquireium at a hotel here in vegas. We didnt go, he had a upset tummy, so its on the back burner. Which sucks. We arent doing anything either, i actually just send him an ecard...lol...ya know, cuz that is O SO ROMANTIC :roll:

So did you find out what you are going to do?

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
I'm very sure that won't be happening for me. Maybe sometime next year but I'm not holding my breath. Dust to all those who are hopeful!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
No, I told him that it's our anniversary next weekend and should I plan somthing for us to do or is he going to do that. He said he knew when our anniversary was and then kinda brushed it off without telling me anything so who know, maybe that will be the day.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
4ever|1290058501|2771057 said:
No, I told him that it's our anniversary next weekend and should I plan somthing for us to do or is he going to do that. He said he knew when our anniversary was and then kinda brushed it off without telling me anything so who know, maybe that will be the day.

4Ever- OMG...thats big....*************DUST************* Im dumping a bucket and a half on you

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the dust. I hope it's next weekend because I really am over being a LIW. I'll keep you guys posted.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Bucket'o'DUST!

(that always works a charm!)

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
I hope so! He claims it will be before the end of the year so ....yes, i'm antsy!! :lol:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I am, actually. We've talked about marriage and he said "I hope to be able to propose before my birthday" and his Bday is in January. He already announced to his family that he needs to save up for a ring....

...but there have been various financial hold ups that came out the blue. Car maintenance, computer died, family members going through hard times etc. So, I'm patiently waiting. It's not official until there's a ring and a set date for me. I don't even need anything super expensive or something that I have to wear everyday. In fact, I mentioned that this ring will be just fine (the "Ionic" Akoya pearl ring from American Pearl):

ring1_3.jpg

His response was that he didn't want me to have to settle.
I'm hoping for a proposal and perhaps a promise or place holder ring. :)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Briolette, I too thought a pearl engagement ring would be up my alley for a while. I've since settled on a sapphire since too many people told me that no one would recognize a pearl *as* an engagement ring, plus the normal wear and tear on a pearl ring would be too much. Glad I wasn't the only one to think this might be a good idea though :)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, i have an update, i hope im about to jinx myself, but i dont know if ill have a holiday proposal, but im almost sure it will be soon after that.

C and i went out this weekend, and passed a small jewerlers. Well we went and, and i found a setting i like. Oddly, its not something i would have thought i would like, but it he could afford it now, instead of later. Its a solitare in two tone, with a ring guard. Yes, i said ring guard. But the Ring guard is white gold with yellow gold accent, adn a channel set, it has like 4 dimaonds on each side. The setting is 300, since there is no diamond in it, but C and i were going through his mothers jewelry, and found 2 diamonds, that would possible work out nicely. He isnt sure they are diamonds, so he is going to get them checked out, valued, and if everything works out, set!!! Oddly the ring, would only need to be resized from 8.25 to 8.50..also the guy said if i didnt like the prong setting on the solitare, he would change them out for me, for 65, and free ring sizing. So if everything works out, i will have my ring a lot sooner than i thought!!! Eppp, im so excited. :errrr: :errrr: :D :lol: Side note, we found 2 nice diamonds, one that sparkles like a lot, heart shaped. Its small, almost half a carat, but we also found a warmer diamond set in a necklace, and it looks to almost be 1.50, im really hoping the 1.50 works out. it would be perfect :errrr: :errrr: Now, here comes my waiting. Been waiting almost 2 years, and this is the waiting thats going to drive me crazy.

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Oh man I would be frustrated too!! I will be really, really bummed if my bf doesn't pop the question by the end of the year! I understand your frustration! Perfect opportunity hello?!! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results