shape
carat
color
clarity

where to go for a beachy romantic weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
The bf has asked me where I would like to go end of july/early august for a getaway... any suggestions??

So excited!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you in the U.S.? Are you willing to travel out of your home country?

How exciting!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, probably stay in the states as we are going to do Antigua or st. lucia for a honeymoon....

honeymoon, wow that sounds weird....STILL LIW and saying that hahaha

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i think you need to give us more info..

what part of country are you in?
how long are you going for?
what are interested in (inn, b&b, hotel, motel,etc)? do you like small villagey towns, beach shack town with lobsters, large coastal town with lots of things to do?

i mean things that jump to my mind are cape cod, newport, maine but that''s not everyone''s style. also california, florida..really depends what you''re up for....

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
We are in Texas. We are wanting something quiet and laid back for about 3 nights, 4 days. I think the budget is in the $1000 area.

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Look here for places: http://www.vrbo.com/http://www.vrbo.com

I don''t really know where you are looking to go (flying, driving, etc.), but we have found tons of great places to stay for really cheap on there. There are tons of pictures of the condos, houses, or whatnot and there are usually pretty good discounts since you get to talk directly to the owners (ask if they don''t offer one!)

Hope it helps!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 1:58:40 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Wow! Los Cabos for 4 days/ 3 nights all inclusive $399 each?

I would suggest the Riu or Crowne Plaza over the Tesoro. The Tesoro doesn''t really have a very good beach, and it was too in the middle of things for my liking. It was very, very inexpensive, though. ;-)

We stayed at the Presidente, which was in San Jose del Cabo, and walked into San Jose to rent a car - $30 for the entire week vs. the $30/day the hotel was charging. Eek!

We''ve also stayed at the One & Only Palmilla, which was definitely not going to be on this list, and won''t be an option in your price range - but if you can get over there for dinner - it''s an amazing resort.
1.gif

Also, it will be HOT in Cabo in July. It was in the 90s when we were there in June. Maybe try Vallarta or something . . . I''m not sure how weather is in JUly there, though.

Kristie76

Rough_Rock
We just went to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, Alabama for a 4 days weekend. We live in Houston and it''s about 8 hours drive. The beach is really pretty. The sand is sugary white. Imagine Destin, Florida. It''s the same as Gulf Shores. However, if you go here, don''t plan anything else but a quiet beach vacation.
We rent a 2 bedroom condo which was very nice (Crystal Shores, # 605 via vbro.com) with the rate of 200/night. There are other cheaper places that look very nice too.
If you''re on budget, you might want to look into this place.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVED the riu in cabo. the staff was sooo helpful and couldn''t do enough for you. cabo is a great beach town with plenty of romantic restaurants and quiet spots.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results