shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting...waiting....waiting......and still waiting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Enough waiting already!
emsmilep.gif
We picked our stone and setting in March, he picked up the ring in April, and he has since then told/asked both sets of parents for their blessing and permission....how much longer do i have to wait!!
emcrook.gif
Sorry, I know I probably sound like a whiny brat right about now hahaa, but this waiting is going to drive me batty! I''ve aksed once or twice how long i have to wait and all he says to me is, "well, we have up to one year to bring the ring back for any changes you may want so lets say you''ll get your ring within a year!!" ugh! Is it just me..or does that seem like an eternity away!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are saying you may potentially have to wait until April next year? That is just cruel!
2.gif
Do you have an anniversary coming up or a birthday or something before the holidays? Maybe he''s waiting until one of those dates to propose?

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is frustrating! I can completely understand why you are going batty!!

I am in a similar situation to you (although yours seems more of a prolonged agony). We organised to have a ring made in May. I know that it was meant to take a few weeks to get certain baguette diamonds in (for the setting) and that apparently when my boyfriend called them about 2 weeks ago, they said they still weren''t in.

We are going on holidays for 2 weeks, starting next week, and I would really have loved the idea of being proposed to, WITH THE RING, in July. However, given that he doesn''t even have the ring in his posession at this point in time, and I don''t even know whether it has been made or is in the process of being made, I am thinking that its not going to happen.

Disappointing/frustrating but what can we do? All I will say is, that your man must have amazing resolve/willpower to hold on to the ring for so long without popping the question. He must be building up to a really beautiful proposal and its probably just taking a while to co-ordinate!!

I really hope it happens for you soon though ;-)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you''re still waiting! I guess you could try to take the perspective that you know your ring is ready so the hard part is done, but that probably won''t make you feel better.
2.gif
I hope your bf is planning something spectacular for you...and soon!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
How annoying!! How does he have the patience! Hopefully he does it soon!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Yep...all he keeps telling me is that I will get my ring sometime between now and April 2008! Yikes! THat''s just wayy too long! and hmmmm there are no special occasions, anniversaries or birthdays coming up either..ugh! I don''t know how he is doing this. He is usually the one that will call me in the middle of the day to tell me he bought something for me because he can''t wait until i get home from work or we are opening each other''s christmas presents the first week of december becuase we cannot wait until christmas!
21.gif
The only thing i have to go on is that his little sister is leaving for Toronto to go to school at the end of August and she has asked if he could do it before then as she wants to be here when we are ''officially'' engaged.

ksprincess

Shiny_Rock
April 2008!!
6.gif
There''s no way he will be able to hold onto that baby that long. As you have described him, I am sure that thing is burning a hole in his pocket! I hope he does it soon! Since he is waiting so long, I think he probably has something planned.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results