shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentines Day 2010....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patienceofasaint

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Just discovered this forum and im so glad to have found so many likeminded ladies!!

quick run down of my story...

Been with my BF since Apr 04. Broke up several times because he freaked out.. each time we broke up we spoke every day and a few days later he would BEG to come back.

Summer of 08 he broke up with me and again begged to come back, and i said id only have him back if he proved he was serious and done with freaking out... ie if u dont want to marry me then say so now and we will call it a day. To my delight he said he wants to marry me and we were both really excited about it.. we looked at rings.. i told my parents... he said we should wait a little cos we were just back together so i thought ok a month or so.. then his brother gets engaged he said he wants to wait until that settled...

a few months ago i asked him if we were on the same page becoz im simply going insane, i thought it was going to happen way before now. his reply ''it will happen when the time is right'' so i ask for more detail and say so when im finished with school? and he said yes... boo thatll be 3 yrs after he told me he would buy a ring.

my patience is getting away from me!

and its nearly valentines day... i dont know how i can cope with this holiday because i know that by the end of the weekend i will be hearing about more people getting engaged and i cant take it anymore!! valentines day always ends up depressing me because a little bit of me hopes he will pop the q, but when it becomes clear its not happening, it really gets me down... but i cant say that becoz that will just make me look pshyco!!

anyone else dreading the V day....?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 1:57:01 PM
Author:patienceofasaint
Hi everyone!

Just discovered this forum and im so glad to have found so many likeminded ladies!!

Been with my BF since Apr 04. Broke up several times because he freaked out.. each time we broke up we spoke every day and a few days later he would BEG to come back.

Summer of 08 he broke up with me and again begged to come back, and i said id only have him back if he proved he was serious and done with freaking out... ie if u dont want to marry me then say so now and we will call it a day. To my delight he said he wants to marry me and we were both really excited about it.. we looked at rings.. i told my parents... he said we should wait a little cos we were just back together so i thought ok a month or so.. then his brother gets engaged he said he wants to wait until that settled...

a few months ago i asked him if we were on the same page becoz im simply going insane, i thought it was going to happen way before now. his reply ''it will happen when the time is right'' so i ask for more detail and say so when im finished with school? and he said yes... boo thatll be 3 yrs after he told me he would buy a ring.

and its nearly valentines day... i dont know how i can cope with this holiday because i know that by the end of the weekend i will be hearing about more people getting engaged and i cant take it anymore!! valentines day always ends up depressing me because a little bit of me hopes he will pop the q, but when it becomes clear its not happening, it really gets me down... but i cant say that becoz that will just make me look pshyco!!

I can think of *ONE* way you could deal with Valentine''s Day......

patienceofasaint

Rough_Rock
and that would be.......?
17.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Well, one way would be to walk the boy into a jewelry store on Saturday.

kberrie22

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/9/2010 1:57:01 PM
Author:patienceofasaint
Hi everyone!

OH MAN! You really do have the patience of a saint!!
17.gif
You know, I am guessing you have been with your bf (even on and off) for longer than I have been with mine..but even so I know what it feels like to have your patience get away with you! Sounds like this guy is kinda giving you a bit of a run-around, there really isnt any way to know for sure if he will ever come thru and propose, not saying this to be mean but I have had to come to this conclusion myself..I have realized that the waiting is so much easier to enjoy when you are having fun! For me just activly trying to stop myself every time I want to say something to him like: DECIDE ALREADY! instead I turn to him and tell him how much I love him, and in doing this I have realized that not only has he become more wonderful to me (by me not mentioning marriage/engagment like I used to) but that I am not noticing all the wonderful little things that he does do for me :) I don''t know if any of this is making sense, but I hope it helps a little! And as for how to get thru v-day well, all I can say is know that it will still sting when people (esp people that have been dating for less time than you) get engaged. And yes he may not ask the big q but he might still get you something else nice or do something nice for you on the day :) And that is something to be happy about, because there alot of people out there in the world would be over the moon to just be in a relationship! So enjoy what you have now, and the guy you are with :)

And I feel like in a way I totally relate to you cause recently my bf''s younger brother just got engaged, yeah it really stung as much as I was fearing. And the younger part really sucked too, here I thought older men were more apt to propose sooner, I was wrong!

kberrie22

Rough_Rock
that I am not noticing all the wonderful little things that he does do for me :)

OOPS! I meant that I have started noticing the little things that he has been doing for me :)

patienceofasaint

Rough_Rock
yeh, i totally understand what ur saying!

we had a lovely day yesterday, went out for lunch and just enjoyed it.

he knows im getting a bit tense about the whole engagement thing, to the point we both joke about it! however he did say he''s opened a savings account to start saving up for it, so thats something!!

strangely enough im far more chilled about the whole thing now!!

hope u had a nice day yesterday too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results