shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay Ladies, i know V-day is comming soon, but i think its time for updates. We havent had ANY movement on the list, and im going crazy, so ladies, do you think it will happen for you this Vday and do you have any updates?

I know for me, the Bf and i went antique shopping, and it turned into ring shopping. EEEKKKKKK....actual ring shopping. We have talked about rings, and weddings and want we what, and what style rings we liked, but this weekend, we went Ring shopping, and tried on Rings. Both of us....was so exciting. We came to a agreement on what we both want. I put the ball back in his court. Thats the only update for me....whos next?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Same as the last update I think; nothing is going to happen untill I find a job and we find a place together. Job market is poos at the moment so who knows when there will be movement on the engagment frount.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
We ordered the e-ring about 3 weeks ago, and it will be about another week until it''s done. I don''t think I''ll be a LIW for more than a month now. Probably a matter of weeks, but we''ll see!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty much the same here. I probably won''t be getting engaged within the year. The main issue is financial and SO''s mother just lost her job. So, he is going to be helping her out with bills for a while, which pretty much means that he won''t be able to save any money for my engagement ring. If he liked the idea of upgrades, it would be rather easy for him to purchase a smaller, affordable ring now. However, he wants my engagement ring to be the only one I ever get. So, unless by some miracle SO wins the lottery or gets a substantial raise at his job, it looks like I will be here for a while. He has talked about getting a second job not only to save money for the ring, but also to save up money for our future house. But, he has done that before and it was miserable for both of us. He was always exhausted and we hardly ever got to see each other. Anyways, I''m rambling.
1.gif

I sure hope to see some movement this weekend so I can live vicariously through everyone else!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I sorta have an update...although its not especially exciting (except for me - im going a bit crazy!!)

SO and i have decided to save for the ring
36.gif

This is a big thing for us, because we''ve always been more about the travel...but SO insisted we make it a priority
21.gif
Im pretty pleased...

That said, we still plan to go to Alaska in August, and are heading back to Oz in March (less that 4 weeks to go!!)... so its not going to happen till next winter...probably March or later.

And of course things can go wrong while you''re saving...and just because we get the ring (i think ive decided to go Leon if he''ll have us....super excited about that
36.gif
), well it doesnt mean he wont draw it out and wait to propose
11.gif

Still im pretty pleased...ive even got the quivers just writing about it
9.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh and where has Dreamgirl got to??! I hope she''s still reading...hopefully she''ll drop by with an update too
35.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 12:28:48 PM
Author: MayFlowers
Pretty much the same here. I probably won''t be getting engaged within the year. The main issue is financial and SO''s mother just lost her job. So, he is going to be helping her out with bills for a while, which pretty much means that he won''t be able to save any money for my engagement ring. If he liked the idea of upgrades, it would be rather easy for him to purchase a smaller, affordable ring now. However, he wants my engagement ring to be the only one I ever get. So, unless by some miracle SO wins the lottery or gets a substantial raise at his job, it looks like I will be here for a while. He has talked about getting a second job not only to save money for the ring, but also to save up money for our future house. But, he has done that before and it was miserable for both of us. He was always exhausted and we hardly ever got to see each other. Anyways, I''m rambling.
1.gif

I sure hope to see some movement this weekend so I can live vicariously through everyone else!

Mayflowers im sorry you''re in that situation. I think you''re right though, a second job doesnt make anyone happy you know? And what a nice SO you have to help out his Mum
36.gif

C''mon ladies, chime in...i want a good bakers dozen off the list this v''day
30.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 12:28:48 PM
Author: MayFlowers
1.gif

O may im sorry hon, i know this can be diffcult. SO and i are kind of doing this with his best mate... but in a way it could bring you too together.

I live vicariously through everyone else on the list too, cuz it seems like C is just braggin his butt, well, was, till this weekend

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 3:33:39 PM
Author: Blackpaw
I sorta have an update...although its not especially exciting (except for me - im going a bit crazy!!)

SO and i have decided to save for the ring
36.gif

This is a big thing for us, because we''ve always been more about the travel...but SO insisted we make it a priority
21.gif
Im pretty pleased...

That said, we still plan to go to Alaska in August, and are heading back to Oz in March (less that 4 weeks to go!!)... so its not going to happen till next winter...probably March or later.

And of course things can go wrong while you''re saving...and just because we get the ring (i think ive decided to go Leon if he''ll have us....super excited about that
36.gif
), well it doesnt mean he wont draw it out and wait to propose
11.gif

Still im pretty pleased...ive even got the quivers just writing about it
9.gif
Congrats on the vaca and planning on saving. What your dates for our trip to Oz? Im going to New Orleans, or as the SO says N''Awlins

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
no huge updates here. I''m looking forward to a quiet V-day and our 4 year anniversary is on Feb 27. I doubt that it will be then either, but hey you never know. I''m trying not to let myself sit here and speculate as to when. There IS a concert on our anniversary that will be fun to go to. We''re doing fine, SO is currently working on fixing his truck where we got stuck on the Turnpike b/c the bearings went out (it was OH so joyous :: dripping sarcasm
5.gif
and we''re just going through day to day life enjoying things. We''re working out together a lot as well and FMIL and I went shopping together recently.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
we are looking for my cushion, but the proposal may happen any time as he will probably do it without the ring.

i really have no idea when, but we''ve not even been together for 1 year, so i can''t complain about waiting too long
2.gif

SO is planning a surprise for V day, he has already taken my packed overnight bag away with him....., can''t wait!!

9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK...okay ladies, i have to add a quick update for mine.......I emailed C a picture of a ring, i LOVE....and he just asked me to email him the cost, and the website......Now, this may not be huge for some of you, but its HUGE, for me. Normally when i mention rings, or send him pictures, of rings i like, he kind of says, no yet, or just doesnt talk about it, but he wants the website......im in the process of sending it to him now......I think i may need, some "Boyfreind, gets of hiss butt and buys the ring kind of ''Dust'' !,

nikki2011

Rough_Rock
Jessie - I''m so excited for you! The fact that he is proactively looking for more information on that ring you like is HUGE! What is the ring? Send us the link too! Sending you lotsssss of dust!

May - I''m so sorry to hear that your SO''s mom lost her job. It is such a tough time for so many economically right now. I agree and think it is wonderful that your SO is helping his mom at this time. It goes to show you that he is a good supportive son, and therefore will only be just as good as a future husband. I think it means a lot to see how a man treats his mother (or sisters). Two jobs is definitely tough. What kind of ring in particular do you have your heart set on.

Blackpaw -- That is DEFINITELY an exciting update! It means he''s thinking about how to pull it off, which is one step ahead of just thinking about it as a concept. Hmmm, I have a feeling you''ll be looking at something on your finger sooner than you think!

Valentines day guess. . . . . I''m gonna go with 3.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/10/2010 6:03:09 PM
Author: Jessie702
EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK...okay ladies, i have to add a quick update for mine.......I emailed C a picture of a ring, i LOVE....and he just asked me to email him the cost, and the website......Now, this may not be huge for some of you, but its HUGE, for me. Normally when i mention rings, or send him pictures, of rings i like, he kind of says, no yet, or just doesnt talk about it, but he wants the website......im in the process of sending it to him now......I think i may need, some ''Boyfreind, gets of hiss butt and buys the ring kind of ''Dust'' !,
Yay!

Good luck.

ETA: Can you show us a picture?

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B bought the ring on Sunday. I was there with him and thought I was supposed to be showing him pretty RHRs so he could find something for my b-day.

I know it won''t be Valentine''s Day. I''d expect it to happen on my b-day (March 5) but would be happy to have it happen sooner.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
We went ring shopping a few weeks ago! He and I are now on the same page in terms of style, so the shopping (together, at least) is done, and now I just get to sit back and wait.

I know it''s not going to happen until at least May, but I''m hoping for sometime before my birthday in July. We''ve tossed around some tentative wedding dates in summer of 2011, and B has already told me that he thinks a year is a long enough engagement.

That said, I hope I get to take a lot of you off the list before I pass LK on to someone new!
9.gif

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to know I''m not the only one in the "financial struggles=no ring" boat. UGH! I am (so far) unsuccessfully looking for a job. (I mean, I have the same crappy restaurant job I''ve had since high school...but that''s not what I went to college for!) It is so frustrating. SO and I are ready to move on with our lives (no more student phase) and are looking forward to marriage. But it doesn''t look like that''s happening any time soon. If we can''t afford a ring, how are we supposed to afford a wedding! And to make things worse, we''re not even in a position to begin SAVING for anything. Luckily, I have a generous father who is helping me with a few costs here and there since I don''t have a real income yet. It would be very weird to make a big adult purchase (ie: engagement ring) while Daddy is still footing the bill on other stuff.
Sorry that turned into more of a rant than anticipated.

But on the upside, we are planning a great V-day. We don''t normally celebrate it, but we weren''t able to do much for Christmas so Valentine''s gives us an excuse for a fancy date night and gift exchange.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2010 8:37:33 PM
Author: ChloeTheGreat
Glad to know I'm not the only one in the 'financial struggles=no ring' boat. UGH! I am (so far) unsuccessfully looking for a job. (I mean, I have the same crappy restaurant job I've had since high school...but that's not what I went to college for!) It is so frustrating. SO and I are ready to move on with our lives (no more student phase) and are looking forward to marriage. But it doesn't look like that's happening any time soon. If we can't afford a ring, how are we supposed to afford a wedding! And to make things worse, we're not even in a position to begin SAVING for anything. Luckily, I have a generous father who is helping me with a few costs here and there since I don't have a real income yet. It would be very weird to make a big adult purchase (ie: engagement ring) while Daddy is still footing the bill on other stuff.
Sorry that turned into more of a rant than anticipated.

But on the upside, we are planning a great V-day. We don't normally celebrate it, but we weren't able to do much for Christmas so Valentine's gives us an excuse for a fancy date night and gift exchange.
Chloe, you and I need to start a club because we are both in the same boat. It can be called the "I can't get a ring till I get a job" club.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Some great updates here! Sounds like I will be moving up the list pretty soon after all, thanks to several of you all! :)

BF and I will be looking at rings online soon and talking about prices and all that. He says he is ready to look, which is a huge step for us. I''m really excited. Probably will show him some within the next few days, whenever we have time to. I can''t wait!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Jessie! Woot! Woot!
36.gif

I''m sorry to those of you who are struggling along finacially. I know thats hard.

Sounds like lots of good updates! I REALLY hope some of you in the top 20 get your proposals on! I am sick of sitting at 20!

I still think my proposal is coming mid year. My sapphire is supposed to be done getting her makeover late this month, then he will be saving for the setting.

We''re doing good, its starting to feel more like it really is coming rather than something that feels forever off. I feel happy.
37.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow fantastic updates ladies
36.gif

Jessie i love the ring you posted...the yellow gold accents are so gorgeous
30.gif

MissKitty woop woop woop
36.gif
you''re such a great list keeper you deserve to go out in spectacular fashion i think
9.gif
{{{{{{DUST}}}}}} for a proposal soon.

TooPatient i missed that your SO bought the ring - there''s a good step
36.gif
30.gif

Nikki what about you? Are you one of the three to go on v''day
31.gif

wow im free with the emoties today
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of *dust* to everyone on the list who''s looking for a job! I know it''s tough (it took me over a year to get my current gig!) but hang in there.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all....we decided i would go with yellow gold accents on a white ring to match his, and vice versa.....

Whats going onw tih you blackpaw?

stepcut.....congrats on the sapphire, we want pics as soon as its on your finger. Hey, i love your poodle, i have a poodle myself! He''s white and apriocat, like yours.....

Cross....have fun looking at rings....its so much fun....the bf and i just did our this past weekend, and i loved it......

Ladies, im sending out Job Dust.......and asking for "get off his butt and move dust"....lol

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Blackpaw, Jessie702 and Nikki2011: Thank you all so much for the support. I love this board so much because you all understand what everything is like for me. I am glad that SO is willing to help his mother in such a way. It really does show me that he will be a great husband.

Nikki, as for the ring, I have my heart set on a RB solitaire. I love Mark Morrell''s work, especially the Flame and Torchiere, but I also love yellow gold and he doesn''t make those pieces in YG. But, I found great alternatives in either the WF Legato solitaire or BGD''s Truth Solitaire. They are both really similar and priced the same, so it''s just a matter of deciding.

Sometimes it really bothers me that the only thing holding us back from marriage is finances. He says all the time that if he had the money we would already be engaged! I wish money just wasn''t an issue, but then again who doesn''t? I''ve been trying to focus my energy on finishing school strong so I can get a job, hopefully, right away. Plus, we are still having fun together and I''m so excited that we are going to have a date night for Valentine''s! With our finances being the way they are, I really didn''t expect us to do anything. But, SO told me it wouldn''t feel right if we didn''t do anything for V-Day, so we are going to our favorite restaurant on Saturday. Hopefully, we can beat the crowds a little!

Throwing out some *******DUST******** to Jessie!! That ring is gorgeous!

And I''m so happy to hear everyone else''s updates! Really wanting to see some movement on the list soon! Keep those updates coming!

And I will throw out some *************JOB DUST************* to 4ever and ChloeTheGreat!!

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the job dust Ladies, hope it works!

4ever and I are starting the "no job=no ring" club if anyone else needs to join!
3.gif
Sure hope there aren''t too many of us in this sticky situation though.

Good luck to everyone on Valentine''s weekend! Hope there are lots of long-awaited proposals out there.

nikki2011

Rough_Rock
Ohhh! I love the torchiere and the legato! Such graceful lines - an awesome twist on a more tradition setting. I think it''s so classic. Great picks! I will have to check out the other.

Glad to hear you will be going out on V-day! We''re having the same debate about plans. Will prob get take out and a movie, which one of my favorite things to do anyway since life is so busy! It just sounds so relaxing!

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Dust to everyone! I was able to wrangle a mumbled "this year" from my boyfriend.
36.gif

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
No real news for me yet, we had a nice valentines day, but that''s about it. Our anniversary is coming up soon, but there is very little chance for a proposal right now.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results