carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
maccers|1354131539|3317587 said:
audball|1354127972|3317538 said:
That's amazing maccers! Can you show us which stone it is since it's now on HOLD!?!?

Oh yes I can! Ta - da!

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/110ct-est-Old-European-Cut/26076320_G8W9w2#!i=2188198794&k=Gp57C3W

We're just getting the centre stone, not the setting (which is lovely too)! I hope I lurrrv it in person!

yay congrats! i cant wait to see pics when you get it!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
ooh that setting is pretty too!! I hope you like the center...it looks lovely! What kind of setting will you put it in?

audball

Ideal_Rock
maccers - it's beautiful! How do you plan to set it? :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1354144904|3317772 said:
maccers - it's beautiful! How do you plan to set it? :)

Yes, I'm fairly certain I'll be going with Tacori 2510 in yellow gold...I think. Actually I'm not sure I'm ever going to find a setting that I"m 100% sure about and I think I'm okay with that. The most important part for me to be involved in was selecting the stone. I hate to imagine what I would have if I hadn't found PS! Honestly, I never even knew about OECs, OMC and rose cuts. A whole new world has opened up for me with these cuts. My bf really loves the Tacori 2510, he loves how the yellow gold makes the stones pop and his setting is going to be a Tacori as well and he's happy to think that we'll be matching our rings - he's such a sweet guy.

ETA - Might as well ask: The one thing I'm not crazy about is the prongs for this setting - think claw prongs would look okay or would it ruin the look?

tacori2510yg.jpg

lovemyfireman

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1354158303|3317980 said:

I love the 2510! The 2515 has the same look, but has claw prongs and a small halo around the center stone. I loooove the claw prongs on it, so I'm sure they could do that for you on the 2510. =)

audball

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous! I don't think changing the prongs would affect the overall look at all! Get the kind you want !:)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the votes of confidence on the claw prongs.

And thanks for fireman for pointing out that 2515 has the claw prongs - I looked up some IRL pics of 2515 claw prongs and they look pretty good (fairly delicate which is nice because there are some awful claw prongs out there).

Hopefully the additional cost won't be too much for those prongs - it's my understanding that to make the claw prongs they just file them into a point?

audball

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1354201217|3318247 said:
Hopefully the additional cost won't be too much for those prongs - it's my understanding that to make the claw prongs they just file them into a point?
Yep. Pretty much. It's just how the finish them off.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo lovely setting maccers! I think the claw prongs will make it look even lovelier. Yay for YG! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Dust request! Andrew has an interview Monday for a job he'd love! I know the power of PS dust! Bring it on, ladies!

It's the first of probably 4 tiers of interviews. He graduates in a few weeks. It would be PERFECT timing, perfect location, salary is better than we hoped for! I just want it to pan out for him! Nobody deserves it as much as he does.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Dust sent!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Duly noted, audball! It will be sent!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
~~~~DUST~~~~ audball!!! I really hope he gets it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! How stoked would he be if he got the first job he interviewed for within weeks of graduating? Ahh...to dream. We're throwing lots of PS dust at it, many positive thoughts, and prayers. I hope if it's the right job for him that he gets it.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIIIIIIIIII, I'M BACKKKKKKK!

Done with this quarter. I have a month off, so I'll probably be spamming this board quite often ;))
My last "timeline" will end tomorrow, 12/5. And I doubt SO will propose by then, considering I won't see him! :wacko:
However, I will not bring it up, and I will not apply any pressure. He KNOWS there was an arbitrary deadline, and is probably expecting me to nag him, but I want to show him! :lol: :naughty: It'll probably make him scratch his head. Hahaha. Our anniversary is coming up in 9 whole days! EEK! It'll be our 3rd year anniversary, and we haven't yet booked a hotel, but we plan on going to the CA/NV border to watch the Geminid meteor shower…

SO IF YOU'RE FREE AT 2AM ON 12/14, WATCH THE METEOR SHOWER!!
http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/earthskys-meteor-shower-guide
This year will be a good show, since there will be no moon!! :appl:
I'm so excited. We spent 12/13-14 evening watching the Geminids 3 years ago.. and that's when he asked me to be his girlfriend :!:
Maybe that'll be "it"? :confused: Either way, I'm just super excited and happy to go see the Geminids. SO IF YOU GO, KNOW WE'RE LOOKING AT THE SAME SKY AT THE SAME TIME!!! :naughty:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I will be a MONKEY'S UNCLE if he doesn't propose on 14/12. Meteor shower?! Same meteor shower he asked you to be his GF three years ago?! Um.. METEOR SHOWER?!

Very nice. It goes without saying that dust is headed your way. Outer-space dust.

ETA: If its not an ungodly hour I am so watching it! Also: 'grats on the end of quarter. ::)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1354676282|3322833 said:
I will be a MONKEY'S UNCLE if he doesn't propose on 14/12. Meteor shower?! Same meteor shower he asked you to be his GF three years ago?! Um.. METEOR SHOWER?!

Very nice. It goes without saying that dust is headed your way. Outer-space dust.

ETA: If its not an ungodly hour I am so watching it! Also: 'grats on the end of quarter. ::)

Haha, I'm hoping so, too! Or actually, I'm hoping he does propose before the meteor shower.. If he doesn't, I'll be expecting it at the meteor shower, and well, that's not a surprise, is it? :wacko:

I<3 shooting stars. Our first non-date hangout, where it was just the two of us, was to watch the Leonids!

The Geminids are quite strong, so you don't have to watch it during peak hours. As long as the sky is dark, and you're in an area that is secluded from light pollution, you will get a good view. It takes patience, though! If I see a handful in a few hours of watching, I am happy. SO and I make it a competition to see who can find the most. Occasionally, there will be one BIG one that flies by slower than usual, so one of us can alert the other, catch the sight of its tail.

I used to watch the meteor showers in the city, and just walk a few blocks away with my neighbor. We'd lay out on any random house's lawn, and just stare up and chit chat. We'd be able to catch a good amount.

But desert = whole other world. There's no light pollution, and the skies are a perfect jet black background for the stars. I remember watching the sky rain with fireballs 3 years ago. The peripheral view was blocked off from hills, so it literally looked like the meteors were hitting the ground. It's surreal.

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
That sounds amazing!! Even if you are expecting it, who cares? Who else gets proposed to underneath a meteor shower that also has personal significance to you? I'm with chewbacca, outerspace dust to you!

(Here I am hoping SO will propose by "hiding" the ring in the medicine cabinet for me to find... yours is muchhh more romantic :love: )

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
OMGOMGOMG madelise...didn't realize there would be another round of meteor showers already!! That seems soon? I thought most things in space took a long time to cycle back again. Anyways I am so jealous that you 1) will be able to get a good view of it in the desert 2) it has such awesome meaning to you because secretly I'm a big space nerd :bigsmile:

I really hope he proposes before or that night...seriously it's about time!!! How long has he had the ring now??? Seconded on the major space dust your way!!!!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1354677950|3322860 said:
Chewbacca|1354676282|3322833 said:

Haha, I'm hoping so, too! Or actually, I'm hoping he does propose before the meteor shower.. If he doesn't, I'll be expecting it at the meteor shower, and well, that's not a surprise, is it? :wacko:

I<3 shooting stars. Our first non-date hangout, where it was just the two of us, was to watch the Leonids!

The Geminids are quite strong, so you don't have to watch it during peak hours. As long as the sky is dark, and you're in an area that is secluded from light pollution, you will get a good view. It takes patience, though! If I see a handful in a few hours of watching, I am happy. SO and I make it a competition to see who can find the most. Occasionally, there will be one BIG one that flies by slower than usual, so one of us can alert the other, catch the sight of its tail.

I used to watch the meteor showers in the city, and just walk a few blocks away with my neighbor. We'd lay out on any random house's lawn, and just stare up and chit chat. We'd be able to catch a good amount.

But desert = whole other world. There's no light pollution, and the skies are a perfect jet black background for the stars. I remember watching the sky rain with fireballs 3 years ago. The peripheral view was blocked off from hills, so it literally looked like the meteors were hitting the ground. It's surreal.

He is SO proposing! What a romantic trip too. Jealous. Lots of outer space *~* DUST*~* to you!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! THAT IS GOING TO BE AN AWESOME PROPOSAL! I'm really excited for you! I can't wait for another update :)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
madelise said:
HIIIIIIIIII, I'M BACKKKKKKK!

Done with this quarter. I have a month off, so I'll probably be spamming this board quite often ;))
My last "timeline" will end tomorrow, 12/5. And I doubt SO will propose by then, considering I won't see him! :wacko:
However, I will not bring it up, and I will not apply any pressure. He KNOWS there was an arbitrary deadline, and is probably expecting me to nag him, but I want to show him! :lol: :naughty: It'll probably make him scratch his head. Hahaha. Our anniversary is coming up in 9 whole days! EEK! It'll be our 3rd year anniversary, and we haven't yet booked a hotel, but we plan on going to the CA/NV border to watch the Geminid meteor shower…

SO IF YOU'RE FREE AT 2AM ON 12/14, WATCH THE METEOR SHOWER!!
http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/earthskys-meteor-shower-guide
This year will be a good show, since there will be no moon!! :appl:
I'm so excited. We spent 12/13-14 evening watching the Geminids 3 years ago.. and that's when he asked me to be his girlfriend :!:
Maybe that'll be "it"? :confused: Either way, I'm just super excited and happy to go see the Geminids. SO IF YOU GO, KNOW WE'RE LOOKING AT THE SAME SKY AT THE SAME TIME!!! :naughty:
1. Welcome back
2. YAY METEOR SHOWER
3. Miss you on the flip side

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise! That sounds ahhhhmazing!!! I hope he proposes then...it sounds like it has a significance to you so that makes even more probable :):)! Hope you did well on your exams...come back to fb now mmmmkay lol!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1354755599|3323629 said:
Madelise! That sounds ahhhhmazing!!! I hope he proposes then...it sounds like it has a significance to you so that makes even more probable :):)! Hope you did well on your exams...come back to fb now mmmmkay lol!!!

sidenote, yay you have a profile pic now too! (I know, it took me a while to finally pick a photo hehe). also we both have T&Co pics ;))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1354760053|3323712 said:
LoveLikeCrazy|1354755599|3323629 said:

sidenote, yay you have a profile pic now too! (I know, it took me a while to finally pick a photo hehe). also we both have T&Co pics ;))

Yay!!! I saw the teal box...I wanted to put one similar to yours haha but I decided that might look creepy (it was a couple on the stairs with the guy holding the blue box behind his back)... So I settled on this one!!! :mrgreen:

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1354677950|3322860 said:

OMG. Amazing. If he doesn't do it then (or right before so you can celebrate by recreating your first date/anniversary) he's a FOOL. This is beyond perfect! I'm rooting for you sweetie! That's ONE WEEK from TOMORROW! SQUEEE!!!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
And woot! Love the new avatars ladies!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I'm doubting it'll happen on our anniversary. He asked for my work schedule and to let him know ASAP.. If it was happening on my anniversary, why would he need to know my work schedule for other days? Well, I got my manicure and pedicure yesterday, like I always do to treat myself after finals.. so I'm ready for close up handshots if necessary :bigsmile:

Speaking of which.. are you suspecting ladies also getting your nails done often? How are you getting your nails done? Self/professional? What color? Long/short? Spill. My nails are super short from biting them during the last few weeks of school.. and they're cherry red.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a nail biter so mine are pathetic. Money is tight, I can't remember the last time I got a mani, but being a biter, there's no point anyway. I got a pedi about two months ago, and I'm definitely over due. But I'm not expecting a ring soon, so I guess there's :geek: nothing to stress over.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results