shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
my update: our anniversary is today! I plan on proposing myself, though i have to say that this weekend he told everyone that they should expect a wedding in the future for us and that he plans on proposing with the ring he has already given me (then we will go design/pick out the e-ring together, he says that I'm so paticular about what I like that he doesn't want to screw it up)... his best friend's wife was so excited i think she may have peed her pants... Haha...

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
MF- YES I will liven that up...and OMG youre such an adult - look at you and your HOUSE! Adulthood: Party of Mayflowers!

Spinel- Your story is so much fun, please update us ASAP on tonights fun! We are all eagerly awaiting special news!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Madelise- when youre large and in charge, its easy to lose lots of weight! I remember being thinner and being jealous of ppl like me too bc they lose weight so much faster (because they have so much more to lose) but now I wish I was back in those shoes. Also, unless you use the protein in the beans from Chipotle, youre better off not getting them :) I get beans, rice, steak, double pico/tomato, double lettuce and thats it. Of course, that will be more than half of what I eat for the day as far as calories. Im on a smoothie kick where I drink one of those for the other two meals. I make my own so its just fruit, water, and ice. So legit.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
LJL|1346076714|3257809 said:
MF- YES I will liven that up...and OMG youre such an adult - look at you and your HOUSE! Adulthood: Party of Mayflowers!

Haha yes I officially feel like an adult. BF and I both had that sudden realization that we ARE adults now and will be completely on our own.

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Many congrats MF!! I'm so excited for you I can't contain myself!! Squee!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I just posted an update in the bootcamp thread. We should totally revive it seeing as how several of us are trying to lose weight. We can supportive each other with LIWitis, we can be weight loss buddies too!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1346013363|3257476 said:
Ditto pandabee! CS, your ring is much anticipated! I can't wait for it to be revealed!!

Thanks so much ladies!!! :bigsmile: I can't wait either!
In the meantime, you can see some vendor pics in one of my threads.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
MayFlowers|1346065313|3257734 said:
CaprineSun, I cannot wait to see your ring! I know it looks absolutely amazing! I bet you're dying to see it on your hand. I know I would be!

Madelise and LJL, I need to get back on track with losing weight too. You want to help me liven up the LIW bootcamp thread?

Glitz, major **DUST** to you that you don't have to wait much longer!

As for me, I FINALLY have an update!!! We found a house! It all happened so fast that it's still pretty surreal. We saw a house last weekend online that was a foreclosure that we really wanted to jump on. So, we decided to contact a realtor to be our buyer's agent and to go ahead and get pre-approved for a mortgage. Well, that house ended up already having a pending contract on it. So, we weren't able to look at it or consider it for our home. But, we did find a wonderful realtor who was amazing. She recommended someone to us to help us get pre-approved. They gave us a great rate and found us a house to go look at by Tuesday. We went and we both really loved it, but felt unsure just because it was the very first house we had really gone and looked at. So, we went and viewed one more with the realtor and then drove by two more ourselves, to get an idea of the areas. None of those came close to what the first house offered. So, Friday we put in an offer, which they countered and then we accepted yesterday!

I cried in the car afterward. I just couldn't believe that we were really going to finally have our home! :appl: We went and looked at new appliances and furniture to get an idea of what we liked and how much everything will cost. It is all sooo exciting! :D We may not be able to move in for a little while though. The seller is relocating to a different state and the family gets to pick from two states where they will be going. So, they are looking at places in both states to see which they like better. We told them to take their time and not feel rushed because as much as we want to get in the house, we realize that they are in a worse situation. So, it's not a huge deal if we can't move in right away.

We talked about the engagement timeline and I think he is going to propose when he gets his next bonus in October! He has enough saved to pay cash, but wants the bonus to push the budget a little higher. And we want to be in the house before he proposes. There is one more jewelry shop in town I want to check out, but he doesn't want to go until he is ready to buy the ring just because he always gets hassled so much at stores.

Now the real waiting begins. The waiting to get in the house and waiting for the ring. I know it will go by quick especially with everything that goes on in my first year of teaching. But it still seems like so far away!

WOW Mayflowers! I am SO HAPPY for you!! :appl: Congrats!!
I can't wait to share the same joy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
CaprineSun|1346102692|3258096 said:
audball|1346013363|3257476 said:
Ditto pandabee! CS, your ring is much anticipated! I can't wait for it to be revealed!!

Thanks so much ladies!!! :bigsmile: I can't wait either!
In the meantime, you can see some vendor pics in one of my threads.
Already saw them. And looked again. And again... heehee

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
audball|1346100915|3258062 said:
OMG! Many congrats MF!! I'm so excited for you I can't contain myself!! Squee!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I just posted an update in the bootcamp thread. We should totally revive it seeing as how several of us are trying to lose weight. We can supportive each other with LIWitis, we can be weight loss buddies too!

I WHOLE HEARTLY AGREE!!!! I've gained too much weight and would love to get down a few pounds :) I'm not going to official leaving the LIW list until he proposes (even though I'm proposing to him tonight, we already agreed that if I propose to him that he still needs to talk to my dad and then ask me), but hey you never know maybe he has something up his sleeve for tonight (though I doubt it, it never happens that way, at least for me)...

anywho, Yes let's start loosing weight and get all sexy :) I know my man would be happy (though he already tells me all the time how incredibly sexy I am)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Well yay! Let's all jump in on the bootcamp band wagon and get going!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1346013307|3257475 said:
audball|1346012246|3257453 said:
madelise|1345998050|3257368 said:
…. :Up_to_something: and what kind of 'killer deal' is this :naughty: :naughty: my mind's in the gutterrrrrrr..
Hahahahah :naughty:

hahahaha I was thinking the exact same thing!!!!

ooooh CS I am very much anticipating how your ring looks too!!!! I remember your other posts of when you were working on having it done and it looks amazing already...I really love that it uses marquise sides instead of just a couple of small RB!! so cool.

Thank you all for the amazing support! That's why I love LIW! More ladies should realize this and join us! :wink2:

Now, the deal? It involves a wager between the SO & I we have had going for a while now. My prize would've been able to get me on my way to some new studs! :naughty: SO had been bummed all day because he realized he was going to lose ( he's VERY competitive at anything & everything) & I was loving it. :Up_to_something: He was so desperate & offered to DOUBLE the prize if I would extend the time of the bet (to up his chances of winning). I had initially shot him down, since I knew I practically would be the winner soon and rubbing it in his face.

Then, I found out he had video of the ring on his phone he showed to his family. My eyes went :-o I knew nothing would convince him to let me see it, UNLESS I changed the bet. I knew it could greatly decrease my chances of winning our bet, but I would've done anything to see my ring again! He jumped at the offer! :lol: I still think it was worth it!

Don't worry, I'll find another way to get my hands on that other prize from him. :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Another update on my ring...it's too loose! I've lost enough weight that it's noticeable loose. We aren't close to our goals just yet so we're going to hold off on having it sized down, but it's currently a 6 1/8. Using sizers I have here, I'd guess I'm around a 5.75 right now and it's the hottest time of the year here. I'd guess I'll need between a 5.25-5.5 to accomodate all seasons + wedding band by the time I'm done, but we're waiting for now.

We have had talks about waiting on engagement per some financial obligations (Andrew's car died in June and we've been sharing and working hard at paying down some other debt) so we agreed it wouldn't be this year. I just have always dreamed of a Christmastime proposal and the idea of waiting until NEXT Christmas is torture. It won't be next Christmas. It'll be before then I'm sure, but I still can't help but hope that he'll surprise me and it'll be this Christmas. We *are* planning a trip that would be a few days after he graduates, right around his birthday (mine is early December, his is mid month) but before Christmas...it would be PERFECT timing to get to have a few days to ourselves and still get to share in the newness and excitement with family over the holiday. Ahhh...we shall see. When we tried on my ring the other day and saw how big it was, *he* specifically asked how much turnaround time Pearlmans would need to get it sized...I could totally be reading too much into that, but I secretly hoped he wanted to know because he had something in mind! Talk me down ladies....I was supposed to NOT be getting my hopes up ;(

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1346107329|3258146 said:
Another update on my ring...it's too loose! I've lost enough weight that it's noticeable loose. We aren't close to our goals just yet so we're going to hold off on having it sized down, but it's currently a 6 1/8. Using sizers I have here, I'd guess I'm around a 5.75 right now and it's the hottest time of the year here. I'd guess I'll need between a 5.25-5.5 to accomodate all seasons + wedding band by the time I'm done, but we're waiting for now.

We have had talks about waiting on engagement per some financial obligations (Andrew's car died in June and we've been sharing and working hard at paying down some other debt) so we agreed it wouldn't be this year. I just have always dreamed of a Christmastime proposal and the idea of waiting until NEXT Christmas is torture. It won't be next Christmas. It'll be before then I'm sure, but I still can't help but hope that he'll surprise me and it'll be this Christmas. We *are* planning a trip that would be a few days after he graduates, right around his birthday (mine is early December, his is mid month) but before Christmas...it would be PERFECT timing to get to have a few days to ourselves and still get to share in the newness and excitement with family over the holiday. Ahhh...we shall see. When we tried on my ring the other day and saw how big it was, *he* specifically asked how much turnaround time Pearlmans would need to get it sized...I could totally be reading too much into that, but I secretly hoped he wanted to know because he had something in mind! Talk me down ladies....I was supposed to NOT be getting my hopes up ;(

maaaaaybe he was just asking for future reference!!! I am hoping for you as well, but you know him best. just concentrate on being happy with him now and how well everything is going!!

also YAY and CONGRATS on the finger + general weight loss already!!! so awesome *insertcheerleadersmileyfacehere*

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1346111937|3258177 said:
maaaaaybe he was just asking for future reference!!! I am hoping for you as well, but you know him best. just concentrate on being happy with him now and how well everything is going!!

also YAY and CONGRATS on the finger + general weight loss already!!! so awesome *insertcheerleadersmileyfacehere*
Yeah, maybe. Probably. Ugh. I hate waiting. I think he wants to because he knows that time of year would be so ideal *to me*, but we'll see how everything pans out I guess.

And thanks for the congrats! I'm super excited about our weight loss so far. I posted an update in the bootcamp thread and appreciate all the support!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Audball, congrats on losing weight! That's awesome!
And, I'm really crossing my fingers for you that he proposes Christmas of THIS year! I know it is your dream so that would make it the most magical. :halo:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on BUYING A HOUSE! Mayflowers!

:appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
CaprineSun|1346116162|3258233 said:
Audball, congrats on losing weight! That's awesome!
And, I'm really crossing my fingers for you that he proposes Christmas of THIS year! I know it is your dream so that would make it the most magical. :halo:
Thanks CS! I really do too. I'm doing everything I can to keep my hopes down, but it's not working very well. It just seems like it would be.so.perfect.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MF!!! EEK! Congrats on the house!! :appl: :appl: :apple: You're now in the official homeowners' club!!! :appl:

Aud - no stressing over the engagement! you're doing SUCH a good job at the weight loss, I'm uber jealous! I got hit with the stomach flu pretty badly this past weekend, and had to call my poor 80+ yo grandma to come pick me up and take care of me.. on the SAME day I was supposed to be taking care of my grandparents! I had to fill up with empty "easy" to digest carbs for a few days, and put on 3 pounds :( damnitttt. You gotta update your photos soon, cus me wants to see your "after"s! You're doing so fabulously, me jealous!

Me - well, besides being sick, I'm uber stressed out. I've got a group project presentation tomorrow, and I am the type that loathes group projects. I hate it when things don't go my way, but I don't like being b*tchy, so I don't say anything and just sit in silence and let my anger fester :angryfire: I don't care that they're okay with mediocre grades, I'm not! I want my A's! I haven't been experiencing too much LIW-ness because of all the school stuff going on.. and also because I feel much more relaxed and "safer" now that we have the purchase. I know it'll happen, so I'm not fearing him changing his mind and running away!! Can't get away from me anymore!!!! :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WHAT?! Your finger size changed that drastically? I'm MORE green with envy!! :Up_to_something: My fingers will never even see a size 6…… ;( I was seriously thinking about giving my fingers a saran wrap sauna, hahaha!!! I know some women who do the saran wrap thing on their bellies a few hours before a show or event.. I'm totally thinking of doing a saran wrap on my fingers if they're too bloated from the summer heat!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1346263594|3259250 said:
Aud - no stressing over the engagement! you're doing SUCH a good job at the weight loss, I'm uber jealous! I got hit with the stomach flu pretty badly this past weekend, and had to call my poor 80+ yo grandma to come pick me up and take care of me.. on the SAME day I was supposed to be taking care of my grandparents! I had to fill up with empty "easy" to digest carbs for a few days, and put on 3 pounds :( damnitttt. You gotta update your photos soon, cus me wants to see your "after"s! You're doing so fabulously, me jealous!

Me - well, besides being sick, I'm uber stressed out. I've got a group project presentation tomorrow, and I am the type that loathes group projects. I hate it when things don't go my way, but I don't like being b*tchy, so I don't say anything and just sit in silence and let my anger fester :angryfire: I don't care that they're okay with mediocre grades, I'm not! I want my A's! I haven't been experiencing too much LIW-ness because of all the school stuff going on.. and also because I feel much more relaxed and "safer" now that we have the purchase. I know it'll happen, so I'm not fearing him changing his mind and running away!! Can't get away from me anymore!!!! :naughty:
Aww, thanks hun. I'm sorry you're not feeling well! That ALWAYS puts a damper on weightloss. You eat poorly, you don't feel like moving AT ALL, it really wreaks havoc to progress :((

I also LOATHE group projects. I'm ALWAYS worried that the others won't do their part. It stresses me too. I hope it went better than expected! And YES! No need to worry that he's going to leave...silly girl. Why would he leave you? You're wonderful :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1346264475|3259269 said:
WHAT?! Your finger size changed that drastically? I'm MORE green with envy!! :Up_to_something: My fingers will never even see a size 6…… ;( I was seriously thinking about giving my fingers a saran wrap sauna, hahaha!!! I know some women who do the saran wrap thing on their bellies a few hours before a show or event.. I'm totally thinking of doing a saran wrap on my fingers if they're too bloated from the summer heat!
And yeah...at my heaviest my finger was a size 7 so it's come down a lot. I know it'll go smaller too, my size not overweight is about 5.25-5.5, with room I may need up to a 5.75 to accommodate weather and a wedding band. Before we have it resized, we're going to try and lose a lot more weight, and then I plan to go into a store and try on 5mm bands in different sizes to see what feels the best. I'm hoping to be able to get it down to a 5.5! :naughty:

ETA: wrapping your finger in saran wrap? hahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
My finger at the smallest was 5.25, and at the largest a 7, I'm currently a 5.5-5.75; Though I did tell the lady who had sized my ring that I thought it was too tight, and she argued that they wouldn't make it any bigger as then I could sue them if I lost it. I won't go back to that store; also they wanted to charge me to keep my platinum after getting the ring sized. I was super angry over that... they said they get to keep it that way they can keep their prices down for sizing, and every month the sell their scraps, I say BS to that, but I ended up letting them keep it I didn’t want to argue. Now I wish I had as I gave my ring back to the (insert bad word here) who gave it to me, I should have kept it and pawned it; I could have used the money after he left ...

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the congratulations! I'm super excited!!

audball, I really hope that he does a Christmas proposal. ***DUST*** And congrats on the continued weight loss! I "fell off the wagon" after my vacation in May. I just couldn't get back into the swing of things. Thank goodness I have only gained a couple pounds, so I haven't lost too much progress. I'm ready to get back into it though. I will go update in the bootcamp thread in a few.

So, LIWitis has really hit me hard now that the "real" waiting has begun. I'm so anxious for it and BF and I talk about it everyday now. Time suddenly seems to have slowed to a crawl.

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1346275188|3259409 said:
Thanks everyone for the congratulations! I'm super excited!!

audball, I really hope that he does a Christmas proposal. ***DUST*** And congrats on the continued weight loss! I "fell off the wagon" after my vacation in May. I just couldn't get back into the swing of things. Thank goodness I have only gained a couple pounds, so I haven't lost too much progress. I'm ready to get back into it though. I will go update in the bootcamp thread in a few.

So, LIWitis has really hit me hard now that the "real" waiting has begun. I'm so anxious for it and BF and I talk about it everyday now. Time suddenly seems to have slowed to a crawl.
I bet you are excited! I'd be stoked if we were in a position to buy a house right now! And thanks....I'm soooo hoping Christmas will be *it* but I'm also trying to keep my hopes down...

I've been trying to focus my energies back into weight loss to keep myself distracted. So far it's working pretty well. Glad to see you back on the bootcamp thread!

I think there are several of us who are in the "real" wait now with things having progressed and I for one am finding it WAY harder than I thought it would be! *Hugs* *Dust*

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Okay ladies...I'm starting to get really frustrated...I need some kind of encouragement. My BF and I started seriously talking about getting engaged in December. I gave him some ideas in January. He never did anything. A little over a month ago, we talked about it again and since I changed my mind (from a RB in a cushion halo setting to an AVC with a more simple setting or the original halo setting or whatever) he asked me to send him links to stones and settings and then he would pick. I actually got a lot of advice here and narrowed down to several AVC's and 3 settings. It's been over a month. Still nothing.

I know I should be patient and not pressure, but it is really difficult for me. I think I may be a little crazy at this point. Of course I wanted to help him with my preferences because I'm super picky, but it's all so suspenseful!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:( empathy.!!!! It took SO forever. I watched diamond after diamond get sold, hoping he secretly bought them.. It was a bit gut wrenching.. Eventually I just said, "Look. I'm sick of doing research for stones only to get sold. We know YOU don't know anything about diamonds. Let me know when you're ready to buy, so I'll start searching again then." We laid off diamond talk for a long while, until I told him I wanted to change style to an OEC. By then be gave me the OK to search.

If you're really set on the AVR, he can't really go too wrong. All of them Are cut to Jon's specifics. Tell him, "Hey, me always doing research for you, and it going nowhere is driving me bonkers. I'm not going to research anymore since its fruitless labor. When you're ready, call Jon at GOG, and ask for an AVR. Here are my spec limit ranges for color and clarity." Then really lay off.

It's too emotionally tugging to always get your hopes up, and have to watch "your" diamond sell..

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Dunno if I should be posting this in boot camp... or bww but 2 weeks into ww with ljl and I'm 4 pounds down... bad news is that I caught a super bug and have been knocked out of my routine for the past day and a half eating whatever I can which will likely bite me in the ass. So, we'll see.

In other news, I already having setting doubts, sometimes I fear for my diamonds safety at work. Its been banged around a couple times :/. Perhaps I should have gone the bezel route. Bah humbug.

Thanks for letting me check in ladies! I guess I need to meander over to the bww side of of these days.

audball

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1346435315|3260443 said:
Okay ladies...I'm starting to get really frustrated...I need some kind of encouragement. My BF and I started seriously talking about getting engaged in December. I gave him some ideas in January. He never did anything. A little over a month ago, we talked about it again and since I changed my mind (from a RB in a cushion halo setting to an AVC with a more simple setting or the original halo setting or whatever) he asked me to send him links to stones and settings and then he would pick. I actually got a lot of advice here and narrowed down to several AVC's and 3 settings. It's been over a month. Still nothing.

I know I should be patient and not pressure, but it is really difficult for me. I think I may be a little crazy at this point. Of course I wanted to help him with my preferences because I'm super picky, but it's all so suspenseful!
*hugs* I'm sure this is stressful. I think madelise has the best insight since this happened to her as well. Thankfully AVCs are easy to shop for since they're all cut beautifully. Tell him your color and clarity tolerances/preferences and your ratio preference (square or rectangular) and tell him to contact Jon at GOG when he's ready. That way you get what you want and your hands off. NO freaking out when "your" diamond sells. It isn't yours until he puts it on your finger. I'd just put the ball back in his court. Say that HE brought it up 8-9 months ago and you feel that little progress has been made. Tell him your stepping back, what you want, and let him take over. I hope things turn around soon and he surprises you!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1346442965|3260522 said:
Dunno if I should be posting this in boot camp... or bww but 2 weeks into ww with ljl and I'm 4 pounds down... bad news is that I caught a super bug and have been knocked out of my routine for the past day and a half eating whatever I can which will likely bite me in the a$$. So, we'll see.

In other news, I already having setting doubts, sometimes I fear for my diamonds safety at work. Its been banged around a couple times :/. Perhaps I should have gone the bezel route. Bah humbug.

Thanks for letting me check in ladies! I guess I need to meander over to the bww side of of these days.
You can still hang out with us Mico! Congrats on the weight loss so far! Being sick seems to really put a damper on progress. I hope you get past it soon so that you can continue on doing well!

As far as the setting, clearly several of us get these doubts. If I recall correctly, you don't really care for bezels, no? I thought you mostly wore your ring on your necklace when at work? I'm sure your diamond is fine. Your setting is gorgeous and looks amazing on you. Insure it and enjoy it.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1346444258|3260529 said:

*hugs* I'm sure this is stressful. I think madelise has the best insight since this happened to her as well. Thankfully AVCs are easy to shop for since they're all cut beautifully. Tell him your color and clarity tolerances/preferences and your ratio preference (square or rectangular) and tell him to contact Jon at GOG when he's ready. That way you get what you want and your hands off. NO freaking out when "your" diamond sells. It isn't yours until he puts it on your finger. I'd just put the ball back in his court. Say that HE brought it up 8-9 months ago and you feel that little progress has been made. Tell him your stepping back, what you want, and let him take over. I hope things turn around soon and he surprises you!

That is what happened a month ago. I gave him all the info and stepped away. I hadn't discussed it with him months prior to that. I'm just waiting again!! GOG did a video for us and sent some additional pics. We also worked with Leigh Jay Nachts on settings. He has all this info. Im probably just being too impatient!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mandasand|1346471905|3260739 said:
audball|1346444258|3260529 said:

That is what happened a month ago. I gave him all the info and stepped away. I hadn't discussed it with him months prior to that. I'm just waiting again!! GOG did a video for us and sent some additional pics. We also worked with Leigh Jay Nachts on settings. He has all this info. Im probably just being too impatient!!

Girllllllll! If ya'll are contacting GOG for videos and photos, I'd say that's progress!! :appl: :appl: I totally got the impression that he was just "meh" about the whole thing. LOL! You're in much better shoes than I was in! Looks like you'll be off the market sooner than you think!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results