shape
carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: Everything Allie does is just so cute. And hilarious. And awesome. Her drawings always make me smile.

It breaks my heart to hear that money prevents you from getting the care you need. I know meds cost money everywhere... But at least if you were in Canada you could get into some kind of outpatient CBT program or something. You shouldn't be left in the dark. I wish I could help. :(

Ahhh the 5k. Yeah. Super not competitive because its a charity race. You might have heard of color me rad. Its that race in my city! I am not active and haven't started training. The race is July 7. Better get my ass in gear! Bahhhhhhh

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I agree; I love her drawings. The story about her moving with the dogs was how I discovered her. I don't remember how I found that post, but I was crying after I read it. I had never laughed so hard in my life.

I WISH I could be in Canada. I'm done with the US... this country has gone to pot. I can't even visit there, though! I got in some trouble back in '04, and when I drove from Chicago to Windsor one day, I was denied at the border. After questioning, they found out about my misdemeanor. I guess they consider misdemeanors a felony, and therefore the only way I can even visit is if I get pardoned and pay a butt-load of money (or something along those lines). I was quite sad. I was treated like a murderer. :blackeye: And all I wanted to do was drive to Niagara Falls.

Yes, I've heard of Color Me Rad. You still have some time to train a bit, though! If you look online, you'll find C25K (couch-to-5K) training programs. I think that will help you. Everyone has to start somewhere. :) Are you running with friends? It's always helpful to have someone with you in the beginning; it's great support and will help motivate you.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MKBRH -- I have depression. It sucks ass. I also have ADHD, and that also sucks ass. I'm sorry to hear you don't have medical insurance. But there are always, always, always free or low cost clinics available. You might have to put up with waits or do a bunch of paperwork proving your need for medical insurance or whatever, but still. I know people can live without medication for ADHD. And depression, if mild, can be monitored. But you're in a LOW right now, and you got diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I wouldn't play with those diagnosis. You can always call your local hospital and ask to speak with a social worker. They always have referrals to give for facilities that are free or low cost. PLEASE get help. I didn't understand my own depression before I was diagnosed, thus didn't have the proper medical and professional help. I don't know if I would be here today. Your health and mental well being should be your #1 concern, girl! Exercise helps with depression a bit, so maybe training for your marathon will help. But please see a doctor soon! I like you and don't want anything bad to happen to you!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mad; however, I DO have medical insurance. But it still costs money to see a doc/get meds. I know there's quite a few free clinics around here, it's just a matter of finding time to go. (My boss is a nazi about taking time off). I will do something soon, no worries. :wavey:

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
Well ladies, looks like it's happening this summer. I'm so excited! :appl:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
MB - I really hope that you will be on the upswing soon! Hugs for you. I can't offer any logistical advice about finding help since I'm not in America, but I'll echo the seek it ASAP sentiment!

misscuppycake - Eeeeeee! :appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Updated timeline! Before he goes on his annual fishing trip... on AUGUST 1st! :bigsmile:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler - right around the corner!!

Me: Ring ready next week! I'm not sure how long shipping/customs will take, but I'm guessing a week minimum? !!!! We have nothing special planned in the next.. ever, ha ha, so I'm completely clueless as to the WHEN part.

I bought him an engagement gift, and I'm having so much fun planning out how I'm going to surprise him with it! I'm thinking the day after he proposes I will say I want to buy a new 'engagement dress' at a store I love. By happy coincidence it is a few doors down from his optometrist. We can 'lets just have a look while we are here' like we always do, and I'll have his dream specs brought out for him! I am so nerdishly excited that coincidentally both of the e-things are rose gold!

:appl:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Chewbacca! Can't wait to see your ring! I bet it will be amazing. I really love that you got him a gift too- so cute! ...and matching metals! :appl:

Crap! I would love to get SO a gift... not sure what!

I read an article the other day about man-gagement rings... Are any of your guys planning on wearing an engagement ring?

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
Haven't posted much lately as i've been trying not to think about getting engaged. I work myself up sometimes thinking that its going to happen but then it doesn't. It will all happen in time right?

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1368582611|3447120 said:
antiquesparkler - right around the corner!!

Me: Ring ready next week! I'm not sure how long shipping/customs will take, but I'm guessing a week minimum? !!!! We have nothing special planned in the next.. ever, ha ha, so I'm completely clueless as to the WHEN part.

I bought him an engagement gift, and I'm having so much fun planning out how I'm going to surprise him with it! I'm thinking the day after he proposes I will say I want to buy a new 'engagement dress' at a store I love. By happy coincidence it is a few doors down from his optometrist. We can 'lets just have a look while we are here' like we always do, and I'll have his dream specs brought out for him! I am so nerdishly excited that coincidentally both of the e-things are rose gold!

:appl:
:appl: So awesome! You'll have a RG ring? Me too! And an OEC? ME TOO! Will yours be bezel set too? OMG RING TWINS! :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler - I'm so excited! I can't wait to surprise him with them because I know he REALLY wants them. What kinds of things does your SO like? I'm thinking of also buying mine a very nice single malt, but I'm not sure. Something like that perhaps?

wsucheerleader - I did a quick reminder lurk, your SO said in 4-6 months in March right? Only four left, hang in there! :bigsmile:

lin_ny - Ring cousins perhaps! RG and OEC yes! But mine is smaller, and 8 prongs! :appl: Whats the status of yours ATM? Any hints fallen your way?

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1368667088|3447801 said:
antiquesparkler - I'm so excited! I can't wait to surprise him with them because I know he REALLY wants them. What kinds of things does your SO like? I'm thinking of also buying mine a very nice single malt, but I'm not sure. Something like that perhaps?

wsucheerleader - I did a quick reminder lurk, your SO said in 4-6 months in March right? Only four left, hang in there! :bigsmile:

lin_ny - Ring cousins perhaps! RG and OEC yes! But mine is smaller, and 8 prongs! :appl: Whats the status of yours ATM? Any hints fallen your way?
:(sad Well, by virtually planning my entire wedding pre-engagement.... I've definitely sucked some of the excitement out of it.

But SO wanted to bring me in on the ring design because he's worried that he won't get it entirely right and just wants me to really love it. So a while back, I didn't have any idea when it was coming - all I knew is that he had the diamond in his possession. Now I know its in NYC, ERD has it and has designed CADs for us to look at. So tomorrow I need to make my list of changes to the design so we can move forward again with a modified set of CADs.

As far as when... we are planning our engagement pictures for the end of June around a road trip 4 hrs south of our city to pick up Ned, because Ned lives close to where our wedding photographer is. So... before then? :lol:

Will he hold on to your ring for a while before proposing? Any hints there? :)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Lin_ny! That is like a month away! Are you so excited?! :bigsmile:

I know what you mean about wedding planning... I am trying to step back from all that because I feel like I want to enjoy the engagement first and then go from there. Not to mention we aren't sure if there will be a wedding or something in Vegas and then a party. Too much to decide prior to our engagement. :shock:

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1368667088|3447801 said:

He loves to golf and the outdoors. He is a beer-drinker. lol. A case of beer? JK. I am thinking about buying him and I a round at an expensive course he's talked about wanting to play. Maybe make a day of it with lunch or dinner or something.

It would be fun for him to have something to symbolize the occasion though. Still thinking...

I would buy him the driver he was eyeing for a year but he bought it a couple weeks ago. :tongue:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are so sweet. I always wanted to buy my SO a mid-range (snort, mid-range is effing expensive) watch. Maybe even a vintage piece to match my love for the something old. He got a Movado for his birthday from his family :blackeye: so now I can't buy him another "expensive" watch since he doesn't even wear that one! He refuses to wear anything over $200 on his arms.

I've also got no clue what to buy him. I want a "forever" thing, like an e-ring… something that can't be upgraded (like a television) or consumed. He already got a quality, for-life belt from me for his masters degree graduation, and he has more than a handful of glasses and sunglasses. I was thinking a nice pair of forever dress shoes (they WOULD last forever considering we never really dress up!), but the last time we went hunting for a pair, he kept getting OCD and annoyed at the finest details.. Everything is too square, too round, or too pointy :rolleyes: . HELP! Ideas?

I have this problem for every gift-giving day. I seriously never know what to get him. I'm so easy with gifts--- I can write a three page wish list! He never wants anything :knockout:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think guys are just hard to get presents for. I am thinking we are headed in the boring gift direction soon haha. Like "oh honey how about I buy you this coffee table for your birthday and you get me the couch for mine" sorta thing...lol we are such old souls already. oops.

How about cufflinks? Does he have the type of shirts that go with cuff links? I have always thought they are soo classy and I'd love to get my SO a pair of nice monogrammed cufflinks someday but I don't think we will have any occasion to dress up that fancy (because even if I got these as a mangagement present, when else is he going to pull out the fancy shirt and tux after our wedding??). Or...a really nice wallet? Guys' wallets seem to last them a long time.

Update for me: I had the past few days off work so I went down to visit SO and our new apartment and so I had a study buddy because we keep each other on track pretty well when we study together. Our apartment used to be the volunteer fire house in his town so it's a little beat up on the outside since it's been there for a while, but it's not too bad inside. It looks a lot bigger once we got inside than it would seem from the outside! There is a secluded room that connects to both the living room and master bedroom via a closet, so basically that whole room is going to become a giant closet :appl: :bigsmile:

So basically how the last few days went: get up earlyish, study for a few hours, go out for lunch, then go shopping for apartment stuff! We ended up buying some glasses and plates, a gorgeous tufted headboard (have been lusting over these for a while and found one for a great deal at a warehouse), and a coffee table (have to go back and get that). We looked at some sofas and dining table/chairs but couldn't decide on any particular ones that we liked but that's next on our list. Can I tell you how exciting it is to be buying house things???? I have no idea how long we will stay at this apartment, guess it just depends how motivated we are to keep looking for a house once we get settled in there haha. yayyyyyyy.

As for the ring, still no clue because he wants it to be a complete surprise. Originally he was telling me by the end of this year and now he's saying he doesn't remember telling me that, but I am not sure whether he is just saying that now to throw me off because he wants it to be a surprise or what. However, I do think that it will *NOT* be on our 1000 day anniversary because there is a concert back here in the city that I want to go to, and he already agreed, and I bought tickets. So. He didn't already have a plan for that weekend :(( But it's okay because I'm excited for the concert because it's been forever since I have been to one and he hasn't gone to one with me yet!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! What happens when you run out of appliances and furniture to buy? Cuff links sound awesome, but I think my SO will only ever need one pair for life, and I'd like to give them as a wedding gift instead. Like SS's from Etsy! Super cute.

Had no idea you're moving... Congrats! A gigundo closet sounds fab! You can totally do some crazy closet organizing thing like those "dream closets" on Pinterest, lol!! Everyone is moving :( and in w/ their partners. I iz sad... We aren't really moving anywhere in our relationship. My friend is actually moving in with my SO next week.. Before I do! Lol! She's going to grad school 20 min from his house, an hour away from our city, so she's going to stay w my BF and his family for the next 2 years. I'm kind of jealous of her!

Other news, I had a day off yday, so I drove out to visit SO at his home and cook dinner for him and his brother. His parents came home and sat with me chatting for a while. This morning, I got a text from SO, saying his mom was raving about me this morning ^___^. Kinda excited about that!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yay PB!!! So exciting! I feel like I missed out on the fun picking stuff out together phase bc when I moved in with SO he was already living on his own. Lucky for me he likes nice things, so all of his furniture, etc was really nice. I'm looking forward to a house one day so we can go out and buy stuff together lol! We are stuck in our lease till July 2014.

Madelise! That's so nice that you went over to make dinner!! Sounds like you have earned some brownie points from the mom! Man, you are better than me. I'm the least jealous person in the world but I think havinga friend live with my SO when I barely see him myself might be my line lol.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1368713204|3448150 said:
OMG Lin_ny! That is like a month away! Are you so excited?! :bigsmile:

I know what you mean about wedding planning... I am trying to step back from all that because I feel like I want to enjoy the engagement first and then go from there. Not to mention we aren't sure if there will be a wedding or something in Vegas and then a party. Too much to decide prior to our engagement. :shock:
YES. :appl:

But we're trying to get in shape pre-wedding (and hopefully will both shed a few lbs/inches before our engagement session in 6 weeks. So as much as I want the time to pass quickly, I want more time so we can work out lots!! We went stair climbing Friday & yesterday, and this morning we went for a run and did some mat work. It feels so good to be active!

SO found a GORGEOUS Strellson suit yesterday for the wedding and he's contemplating ordering it in the smaller size. The jacket fits but he's gonna have to work a bit to get into the pants.

Sorry to blab about such boring things, but its exciting stuff for us. :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny - When are your next lot of CAD's due? Less than six weeks! AHHH! That is so exciting, I am so excited for you! Will Ned perhaps make a cameo appearance in the photos? :naughty: SO said last night that I will receive the ring when it arrives, hooray for no pageantry! Now I'm wondering where he will do it. He always wanted to take me back to our first date, until last year when we aided his brothers proposal at that same spot!

antiquesparkler - Re: too much to decide before engagement: amen, sisterfriend! The golf idea sounds great, but I know what you mean about wanting something tangible that 'lasts'.

pandabee - So jeal of your tufted headboard! I've been toying with the idea of making one, but it seems like such an undertaking! Do you think there is a chance Mr. PB will propose at the concert?

madelise - Engage soon, yes? Yes. Yes?

As far as man-gagement gifts go, I have no great ideas to share. Mine isn't as flashy as I would like, and by that I mean expensive. It doesn't really hold up compared to a diamond ring! Hmm.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
That's so exciting Chewbacca! I am so happy that he isnt going to make you wait around once he receives the ring. Any estimate of when it will be done? :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise - not sure what to do when you run out of furniture/appliances...that's all I got so far! :devil: I thought I had mentioned moving, since the job I found is where SO found his job which is his hometown (about 2 hours from where I currently live and where we both went to school). I totally want to do a gimundo closet but at the same time, not sure how long we will want to stay at this house! crazy that your friend is moving in with your SO...then again I guess the cost of living out where you are calls for desperate measures!

LLC lucky you...all SO had from his apartment up here with a few of his classmates were really crappy couches, a lot of which was destroyed by his roommate's crazy dog! I can't wait to have nice furniture too!

lin_ny I saw you mentioned e-pics in June...I can't remember, did you set a potential date for the wedding too?

Chewbacca holy shiz you just snuck that in about getting the ring when it arrives!!! Should be so soon now!! I actually found a pic of the exact headboard we got while perusing for ottomans lol http://www.target.com/p/roma-tufted-wingback-headboard-taupe-full-queen/-/A-14157036 we paid just over 50% of this listed price though and for me, that was worth it because as much as I'd like to DIY it, I just don't have the time! I looked at some basic DIY guides through pinterest though, and it doesn't seem that bad if you want to do just a square headboard with buttons but without fancy tufting and folding. I don't think Mr. PB will propose at the concert because I highly doubt he would be a fan of all the attention in public (he isn't even a fan of holding hands in public) but I guess it could be before/after. Really trying to not think about it though because he does want to surprise me completely and I guess I should let him have at least that element of surprise since everything else was on me ;))

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca, lin_ny,

Today, I got my backup ering, an EGL-USA M OMC in a vintage-inspired RG setting. I am tickled with it. Don't have time to post a thread in vintage/antique or SMTB yet, but I will soon.

I think you will both be thrilled. The RG really makes this diamond look bright and sparkly.

liz

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1369008420|3450190 said:
madelise - Engage soon, yes? Yes. Yes?

For you! LOL. I don't think anything is coming anytime soon. I really don't want a 2 year engagement, and the time has passed for us to be able to do a shot-gun-type wedding for the end of 2013.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
chewy - hopefully soon, as we sent a quite detailed e-mail to him last night with some modifications/questions we had. thanks for your excitement! it actually helps me be more excited instead of stressed out with wedding planning! thats so awesome re: your ring. I am so incredibly stoked for you. CAN. NOT. WAIT. TO SEE PICS of that stunner of a ring! :appl:

panda - we've only recently decided on a pretty firm date. it'll be in late september. :bigsmile: fall wedding in the mountains. ermahgerd. :lickout:

libby - i saw your thread. its so pretty! is that 14k or 18k rose? the omc is just delicious. i'd love if you posted a video. i'm all about the videos lately because i find they really showcase the beauty!

madelise - sounds familiar. i guess you could classify our upcoming nuptials as 'shotgun'. i like that word! real classy! :lol:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Its done!

As far as receiving the ring when it arrives, no plan was made/it wasn't discussed until the other day. I asked if I could see it when it arrived, and he said yes, that he would be giving it to me. I clarified, so you aren't going to hold on to it for a while? No, he didn't even understand what I was saying. We are aiming for December (our anniversary), so time isn't really on side!

panda - Ahhhhh I want that headboard! But I want it in a different colour. Also, there is no Target here. Everything is against me! ;-) I'll bet it looks glorious. I'd given up the hunt for bed side tables, but you've inspired me to continue.

madelise - Nooo! Do you want a winter wed or something? I forget.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
lin_ny,

It's 14K. Probably not going to get a video, sorry!

liz

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So many updates here, ladies! So exciting!

Love that headboard! We just bought one from target a couple months ago...
http://www.target.com/p/greenwich-tufted-headboard/-/A-10708600
But in a pretty ivory color. Even SO loves it. :bigsmile:

Lin_ny! September 2013?! OHMYGAWD! That is so soooooon! So jealous and happy for you.

Mad- I hear you on the 2 year engagement... it might happen over here. If he doesnt get going, we arent going to be able to do 2014 and then it will be Summer 2015. We live in a cold state and cant exactly do our beach wedding in the winter. :(( :nono:

Chew- I can't wait for you to get your ring. I love love LOVE that he is giving it to you right away.

Exactly 70 days until the last possible day SO will propose. Hurry up already! :errrr:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I was looking at September.. right in between summer quarter and the start of my master's program. That's kind of an overreach at this point. It's just not going to happen. So I have to wait until my master's program is over, in 2015. I dream of a more casual backyard event, think: casual cocktail, on 3-14-15, which happens to land on Saturday, and do a pi(e) theme. That's before my master's program is over, but still during the externship year so at least there won't be many classes…. *Fingers crossed*. Either way, I don't want a 2 year engagement! 1 is good.. yet still quite unheard of in his culture! They usually get engaged to be married… literally TO BE MARRIED. VERY quickly! I want "wedding" fresh on everyone's minds.. Engaged, mail out invitations within 3-6 months (which means book everything within that time frame), then BAM, wedding in another 3-6 months.

Hah. I guess I'll be on this list for a long time. :sun: Sorry, no kicking me out allowed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results