shape
carat
color
clarity

Update on moi...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well I think things are going to be happening really soon! My boyfriend told me that he took out a small loan from his credit union (which I know some would say is a bad idea, but he is very responsible--and it''s in addition to the money he already has saved.) We have a vacation on the first week of August......a family reunion in Virginia. Do you think I could be wearing a sparkly on the plane ride there?!
31.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/28/2007 2:38:37 PM
Author:luckystar112
Well I think things are going to be happening really soon! My boyfriend told me that he took out a small loan from his credit union (which I know some would say is a bad idea, but he is very responsible--and it''s in addition to the money he already has saved.) We have a vacation on the first week of August......a family reunion in Virginia. Do you think I could be wearing a sparkly on the plane ride there?!
31.gif
Since you say he is responsible, this can actually be good for his credit ranking and score if he pays it back on time (earlier is better!). But none the less, back to the topic. Are you letting him choose the ring or are you going to go together?

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
I know the credit thing is bad but is it really? All of our friends bought their engagement rings on credit becuase we''re all broke!! My ring is only going to cost around 1500 CAN as the centre stone was given to us by my mom from her engagement ring (married for 33yrs and counting tomorrow!) but I know he''s only going to be able to pay 1/3 cash and the rest credit. Anyways, it sounds like your bf may be planning something...do you think he''d do it at the actual reunion?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well ideally it would be BEFORE the reunion.
9.gif
I don''t think he''s the type to do it in public or anything.

You guys are right about the credit thing. 2.5 years ago he bought a house, but his father had to co-sign because my boyfriend did''t have any credit. It''s not that he had BAD credit, it''s that he''s always believed in the mentality that if you can''t pay for your "extras" up front, then you shouldn''t buy them period. It''s been a great way for him to remain out of debt, but unfortunately has done nothing for his credit score. So, he''s been trying to find ways to build up his credit to get his father''s name off of his house...and this is just one of the few small ways. :)

I''m really excited! He told me he''s not too thrilled about the interest rate though...so, I don''t know! He could change his mind.
32.gif

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Well I''ll cross my fingers for you!! It''s all very exciting!! My bf is being a brat..he''s teasing and torturing me!! I know he''s enjoying this time of complete control..what a jerk
28.gif
!! Oh well i love him anyways!! I hope you get the bling soon hon and that the wait isn''t too torturous!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! Hopefully you''ll have that sparkly on your finger for the reunion!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m keeping my fingers crossed for you, hoping you get a proposal before your family reunion!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
Maybe he is planning to ask your parents for permission at the reunion, and then propose to you when you get back. Regardless of how he does it, taking out a loan does sound like there could be a ring in your near future!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, sounds like a ring is in your near future! Good luck, luckystar!!!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody!
9.gif

Designchica--The family reunion is actually for HIS family. Last year I didn''t go to the reunion...his parents said it might be awkard since we have to sleep in different rooms. But I went the year before that, so it doesn''t make TOO much sense. I think his mom was just trying to get him to realize that maybe it''s time to get engaged! But instead I felt left out and like I had done something wrong....so I told him I don''t plan on ever going to another reunion without a ring on my finger. I was really hurt.
7.gif

Well, we haven''t talked about it since, and obviously this year I decided to go even without a ring on my finger, and his parents haven''t said anything about it being "awkward", so maybe he does have something planned! I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results