shape
carat
color
clarity

Traditional Anniversary Gifts

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Do you think you will use the traditional lists as a guide for gifts when you and your SO marry? Or do you already? (The US version is a slight variant to this one below).

Traditional UK

1st. Cotton
2nd. Paper
3rd. Leather
4th. Fruit and Flowers
5th.Wood
6th. Sugar
7th. Wool
8th. Salt
9th. Copper
10th. Tin/Aluminium
11th. Steel
12th. Silk
13th. Lace
14th. Ivory
15th. Crystal
20th. China
25th. Silver
30th. Pearl
35th. Coral/Jade
40th. Ruby
45th. Sapphire
50th. Golden
55th. Emerald
60th. Diamond
70th. Planium
75th. Diamond and Gold

One has to laugh, I was reading the new modern list of gifts, and diamond comes in on the 10th Anniversary. I guess that is probably the favoured list on a website like PS!

I almost laughed myself senseless at the 46th, which cited 'Original Poetry' ha ha! (I was looking through this for my Dad at the time, imaging him doing this is very amusing to me!). It also has 'Automobiles, bikes etc' at 32nd, and 'Improved Real Estate' at 42nd!

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
...hmm I think I can manage leather for our 3rd anniversary

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SomethingSinful|1336611063|3191669 said:

Depends on leather WHAT!! :naughty:

I think these lists are cute. On one episode of Gossip girl, the kids made Rufus and Lily paper pompoms all over the house for their paper anniversary. It looks so fun!!

But they can't be the "real" present!! I want vacations, or jewelry.. :) heheheeeee!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
OH EM GEE, i can't imagine waiting for a 60th anniversary for a diamond...

crap. at this rate i won't even be alive to have a 60th anniversary with SO. Well...i might be but he might not...he's 6 years older haha! :naughty:

Thank god times have changed!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
these are cool! I have always wanted to incorporate these. the most creative idea I have seen though, was for the paper anniversary (which on some lists I have seen as year 1) you can give a ticket of some sort, then you go to a movie, or concert, or event for the actual gift! that way it's more than...here's some paper happy anniversary hahaha.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1336615324|3191717 said:
these are cool! I have always wanted to incorporate these. the most creative idea I have seen though, was for the paper anniversary (which on some lists I have seen as year 1) you can give a ticket of some sort, then you go to a movie, or concert, or event for the actual gift! that way it's more than...here's some paper happy anniversary hahaha.

What a great idea! I laughed out loud reading the last part, I was thinking the same thing! Like for 4th, 'Happy Anniversary honey, here is your orange!"

I saw somewhere online a woman had gifted her partner with a beautiful (man) bag for cotton. My SO LOVES to read, so paper is easy. Shoes for leather, a visit to a vineyard for fruit/flowers? Hello grapes! I think you could potentially have lots of fun with this list! And at all price points - paper could be anything from a heartfelt letter to an airplane ticket!

I've always wanted to do a reoccurring gift for someone, but never managed it. I hope I remember to do this!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I love this tradition. Sadly, it seems to be more of a tradition these days. I don't know anyone who has participated...I was married before and we didn't either.

Time to bring it back!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg I just thought of something epic!!!! what if at your 5 or 10 year marks, you get EVERYTHING from the list below!!!! that would be a sweet idea as well :D

audball

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of traditional gifts. They are totally up for interpretation too. Way to get creative. I have a feeling (we're not super extravagant gift people) that we'd really enjoy doing this.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how I feel about anniversary gifts vs. celebrating. There are so many gift times of the year. You have xmas (if you celebrate - but every culture has an equivalent), your birthday, his birthday, valentines day :Up_to_something: , mothers day, fathers day, *insert another day*.

I doubt we'll be a yearly gift giving couple. Milestones like the first year, fifth year, tenth year, etc... sure, something to remind us how far we've come... but I'll be just as happy with something sentimental like bringing flowers home or a nice dinner out where we dress up.

Vacations would also, ALWAYS, be welcome

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1336655105|3191996 said:
I don't know how I feel about anniversary gifts vs. celebrating. There are so many gift times of the year. You have xmas (if you celebrate - but every culture has an equivalent), your birthday, his birthday, valentines day :Up_to_something: , mothers day, fathers day, *insert another day*.

I doubt we'll be a yearly gift giving couple. Milestones like the first year, fifth year, tenth year, etc... sure, something to remind us how far we've come... but I'll be just as happy with something sentimental like bringing flowers home or a nice dinner out where we dress up.

Vacations would also, ALWAYS, be welcome
I would tend to agree. We have Thanksgiving, my birthday, his birthday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, and Valentine's day within a 2 1/2 month period. Not all of those being gift giving, but most. And it's certainly a busy time of year for us. We're intentionally planning on marrying several months AWAY from that time of year so that we can have something else to celebrate some other time! But even still, we're not big gift people. We both read the 5 Languages of Love and Receiving Gifts was the lowest priority we both had. We're more spend time together and go out for a nice meal kind of people I guess. I'd love to do our own interpretation (on the small side) of the traditional gifts and actual gifts for the milestones (every 5 years I think).

SomethingSinful

Shiny_Rock
madelise|1336611378|3191676 said:
SomethingSinful|1336611063|3191669 said:

Depends on leather WHAT!! :naughty:

I think these lists are cute. On one episode of Gossip girl, the kids made Rufus and Lily paper pompoms all over the house for their paper anniversary. It looks so fun!!

But they can't be the "real" present!! I want vacations, or jewelry.. :) heheheeeee!

well I am sure those kinds of things are not allowed on pricescope :naughty: but lets just say there is a few things I have been meaning to get him that I am sure will be enjoyed

audball

Ideal_Rock
SomethingSinful|1336686477|3192455 said:
well I am sure those kinds of things are not allowed on pricescope :naughty: but lets just say there is a few things I have been meaning to get him that I am sure will be enjoyed
:lol:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336778815|3193491 said:
SomethingSinful|1336686477|3192455 said:
:lol:

:Up_to_something: oreally! o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results