shape
carat
color
clarity

To shop, or not to shop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 8:58:30 AM
Author: Shannon72781
I plan on stopping in there, too! The only thing about buying the diamond in NY...is NY tax
8.gif

That''s a major reason why I would prefer online...my SO will use that money to put INTO the diamond! Plus, I kinda have my heart set upon an ACA diamond
9.gif

I would like to see what mark offers though. I never say never...
Hi Shannon,

My boyfriend and I live in NY so I understand where you''re coming from. (NY taxes are ridiculously high!) But we visited ERD just to see what they can find for us, and I fell in love with a stone they brought in for us. When the subject of tax came up they told us that they could ship it to another state (in our case, NJ, since we both have a lot of friends living there) to alleviate the tax problem.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I''d let him pick it. I might give him a hint or two, but really, he knows my tastes as well as I do.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
My husband proposed to me with a solitaire and later told me that he knew I wanted something else but he didn''t want to disappoint me so we shopped for a setting together. We discussed the budget and then bought the setting and had my stone re-set. It was a win-win situation for us. Good luck!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband is an artist (CG and digital art) by trade, so I knew it would be in his hands when we got engaged. Knowing that, I definitely pointed him in the direction I knew I wanted to go. Sat him down in front of PS, showed him what I liked and specifics of my tastes. Asscher, white metal, sleek and modern, but I liked halos, too.

Over the 4 years of our relationship prior to engagement, he would model various rings, and get my input on them. Usually I loved them, so I was pretty sure he''d come up with something I loved.

About 6 months before we decided to get married, he had asked me if I liked the model of the ring I currently wear, and I fell in love with it. When he finally "proposed" without a ring, I was praying the last design he showed me would be the one. There were some minor changes, but it ended up being the metal halo''d Asscher he had shown me about 6 months before. :)

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
For my e-ring, I went all out for it. My FI let me choose the diamond, the setting... everything! I even contacted Lesley from WF myself (but got tricked by the combined effort of FI and Lesley in the end). I also went out to source for the best place to get my setting. Guess I was just too excited to wait for FI to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results