shape
carat
color
clarity

Timeline talk....it went SO well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I''ve mentioned in a post or two that while I''m kind of an LIW, my bf and I are taking things sloooooooowly. We''re still in college and have very little real world experience. And I''ve always thought (from the vague discussions we had) that we were on the same page, timeline wise.

And then my mom started asking about engagement rings, and whether I''d want a say, etc. So suddenly, I got freaked out. What if my bf thought that''s the page I was on? My brain went into panic mode. So I decided to talk to him about it.

I can''t even explain how good a decision that was, lol. I asked him what he was thinking, and told him I wasn''t pushing, I just needed to reassure myself that our ideal timeframes matched without him hearing mine first (occasionally I find that if he knows what I want, he''ll bend what he wants to match it).

So what he said (and I was thinking) was that he''d need at least a year after graduation to get settled and figure out all of his stuff and where he''s going before we can decide where we''re going. Which is just about word for word what I would have told him and what I wanted to hear.
36.gif

And since all of my friends would get freaked out if they heard us talking like this, I came here, to a board full of people who know what it''s like to have a very happy timeline conversation. Heck, even just talking to people who have had a timeline conversation is nice.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am very pro timeline talk! DH and I had different circumstances than you and your BF but it is always good to know where both of you stand. I felt so much calmer after he gave me the proposal "deadline." Communication is everything! Congrats!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great! I felt so much better too after I had our initial time line talk-it just means that you can relax a bit more, plus the time flies by! We had our talk in Jan of last year and now we''re heading to get the ring in 2 weeks!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I''m also a big fan of the timeline talks. If I get anxious it really calms me down when I talk to my BF and I know we''re ''on the same page''. That''s great that you guys are on the same page too!
1.gif

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Ditto all the positivity for timeline talks. I felt much less anxious once my SO and I discussed that he would propose by Jun 08. Ok, that''s STILL a year from now, lol, but it still feels better knowing that it''s coming!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m pro timeline talks too. I''m glad yours went well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results