shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official List Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have just spent several hours reading LIW posts and I think I am ready to be added to the list! It has been great to read about what others have been going through.

My BF and I have been together for over 6 years (almost 4 years in college, then a 6 month break up, then 2+ years back together). We have been living together for about a year and a half. We have been talking alot about marriage lately, but sometimes he gets frustrated with me when I bring it up. Needless to say, I am "waiting!" Please add me!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome fatafelice!
35.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome FF! You''re in the right place
1.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
hi girls, I think my name can be added to the list!

But it could be a while... He gave me diamond studs for Christmas, so I doubt he''ll be back to the jewelry store anytime soon.

The good news is that he mailed off the final payment for his vehicle earlier this week. Lately, he had been saying that as soon as he finished paying it off, he would be able to save up money "for future purchases"
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray for "future purchases"!!!!
9.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Just got a note from the jeweler that my ring will be sent back to him from Michael B on Feb 9. Now, I get to see how long it takes the fiance to "officially" ask me......I''m betting he will wait until sometime in March just to make me sweat a bit. Guys have too much fun at this :)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
ooooOOOOOoooo..... I''ll be holding my breath for a V-Day proposal!!
31.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
GoldenGirl--don''t hold your breath too much. I am planning V-Day this year so I am really doubting it will be then. He''d want to do it on a night HE got to plan. Especially since I mostly picked out the ring...he wants some element of surprise.
30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well then, you wouldn''t be expecting it, would you??
2.gif

My bf wouldn''t do it on a "predictable" day like a holiday, either... it would just be some random Tuesday or maybe, the day before the predictable holiday, just to throw me off. :)

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''m waiting for the day hell freezes over
27.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
lol!!
9.gif

http://www.mycarsucks.com/photos/hell.htm

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Goldengirl...I like you''re logic. I''ll keep my fingers crossed!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to jennyt, she is OFF the list!!
36.gif

Poker face

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies. I haven''t been posting for a while because I knew things weren''t moving along as I''d hoped and the more I was on this site the more I thought about it. Sadly, I''m writing to ask to be taken off the list. I''ve had some long talks with the BF lately and he told me he wasn''t sure if he was ready to get married, which in girl talk means he isn''t ready to marry me. I''m not sure what''s going to happen with us. I''m sort of past my own time limit of being a GF without a proposal, but we live together and the lease isn''t up for a while yet. I''m just going to take it day by day and decide what I need and how I can best take care of myself. He knows where I am, that I''m ready and I need more and yet I will not pressure him to propose or accept a proposal that I feel I''ve pushed him into. Yikes... Anyway, I feel a bit sad although it was no surprise because I could feel it.
Thanks for the welcome and my best wishes to all of you lucky ladies.

-PF

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pokerface... I hate to see my girls get crossed off like that.
7.gif
I''m sorry honey, I can''t even imagine how disappointed you must be.

I hope things work out between the two of you and you find a compromise-able timeline between you... and that we see you back here soon!!

((hugs))

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ohhhhh.. big hugs for pokerface.
8.gif
I''m so sorry to hear that.. i really hope that thinks work out for you.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
PF, I am so sorry to hear that my dear. I''ll miss seeing your name (you were right above me on the list) but you are still welcome here always even if it''s just to vent or whatever.

(((HUGS))))

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
Hey gang...
Back in the middle of January I posted a few of my freak outs regarding the question "Does anyone here believe that a 26 year old man can genuinely not feel ready for marriage due to his own immaturity and not a flaw that he sees in his current relationship? "

At that time I asked to be added to the list but I''m guessing that due to my long winded responses my request was overlooked

emwink.gif

I''m still waiting... (we''ll be celebrating our 3.5 year anniversary on 2/16) and although we''ve had a lot of heated discussion regarding a potentially disappointing timeline (nothing concrete as of yet) I''d still like to be included on the list. As much as there are times I just want to stomp off in frustration, I know in my heart he''s the one that I want to be with, even if that means waiting (VERY) impatiently for an undisclosed amount of time.

Last night I jokingly asked if he didn''t just want to propose already, so we could both stop being upset about the whole situation and he responded with "what if I promise I''ll propose as soon as I realize I''m ready?" How can I not love the schmuck?

~Heidi

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about that, heidi--I think I remembered asking if you wanted to be added (because it wasn''t clear) but I don''t remember getting a response.
1.gif
S''all good, I gotcha now.
2.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Hi all-
I would like to be added to the LIW list. I have been reading this site for a few weeks now and love reading the posts from the LIW. Truthfully, it really helps to realize I am not alone in my feelings. I was beginning to really feel nuts. Anyhow, I would love to be a part of the group and to be able to participate in the dialogue that takes place. Hope you don''t mind, but this has been building up in me and I will probably have to vent soon. I really do not have any friends who can relate. Thanks!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
welcome ky6!!! You are in the right place--a lot of us also lurked for a while and then dived right in....and it''is wonderful to be able to talk about this stuff with people in the same boat who really understand. We''re glad to have you--and when you have a chance, head on over to the Introduce yourself thread and let us know about you and your bf!

Welcome
1.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to all new LIW.
emlove.gif

Pokerface sorry to hear that, we will always be here for you!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome ky6! I have to ask--are you from KY?
1.gif

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 4:49:39 PM
Author: goldengirl
1.gif
No, I am from OK. Once I get the opportunity- and possibly clearance to post a pic- I will head over to the introduce yourself thread. I am so glad to be a part of this. Now when I am particularly frustrated about the whole "boy soon" thing, I will know where to turn- rather than letting it turn me into a raging beast
1.gif

Can''t wait to participate more!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Please add me to the list so I can share my pain!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome, FFF! Sorry for the late response... it''s been a busy few days!!
1.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 5:44:12 PM
Author: ky6

Date: 2/4/2005 4:49:39 PM
Author: goldengirl
1.gif
No, I am from OK. Once I get the opportunity- and possibly clearance to post a pic- I will head over to the introduce yourself thread. I am so glad to be a part of this. Now when I am particularly frustrated about the whole ''boy soon'' thing, I will know where to turn- rather than letting it turn me into a raging beast
1.gif

Can''t wait to participate more!
Welcome ky6 ~ I''m a graduate LIW, but know very well the frustrations that this time in your life can bring... this is a great place to be when you feel the raging beast gaining control!! Anyhow just wanted to say hi and say that it is good to see someone else here from OK!! I''m in OKC but mostly from Tulsa/Broken Arrow...

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Goldengirl- I look forward to getting to know everyone!

esperanza

Rough_Rock
add me
9.gif
I''m a lady hopefully patiently waiting..or at least trying
2.gif
Esperanza

Lady_EK

Rough_Rock
Add me too
face6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results