shape
carat
color
clarity

The LIW Small Talk Thread

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol! vip, you''re a nerd!!!!

I need to make it to 12k and dedicate that post to someone. Perhaps Bobby Flay, for losing more Throwdowns than he''s won...by a lot.
3.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 3:29:51 AM
Author: FrekeChild
lol! vip, you''re a nerd!!!!

I need to make it to 12k and dedicate that post to someone. Perhaps Bobby Flay, for losing more Throwdowns than he''s won...by a lot.
3.gif

LOL! i get that all the time! i usually say "it takes one to know one!", but i suck at comebacks and it makes me sound like a bigger nerd.
3.gif

wow Freke, you are getting close to 12k...that''s amazing!
36.gif
i wish i had joined PS sooner than i did. i started lurking back in 2005, but since i only stayed in the SMTR forum, i thought you had to have a nice piece of bling to partake in being a member. even though i figured it out later, i still didn''t sign up until BF got me my e-band and wanted to show it off.

you know, 12k posts is a milestone and should be celebrated accordingly with a new pair of shoes!
31.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Hi ho HI ho its off to work I go....
no time to say helloGOODBYE hi ho hi ho hi hoooooooo.....

(I know that''s not how it goes.. have a great day ladies!)
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, y''all!
35.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Good morning, Elle. Good morning, everyone!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning BigT!

Having a lovely Thursday morning??

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:12:08 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Morning BigT!

Yay, it''s Thursday!! This week has been lasting forever!

I don''t think my coffee is working today, though.

How are you???

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:26:29 AM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 7/30/2009 9:12:08 AM
Morning BigT!

Yay, it's Thursday!! This week has been lasting forever!

I don't think my coffee is working today, though.

How are you???
Doing pretty OK. I was slammed at work yesterday, so now I'm playing catch-up.

READY. FOR. FRIDA.

ETA: Now I know how ready for FridaY I really am.
9.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:27:36 AM

Doing pretty OK. I was slammed at work yesterday, so now I''m playing catch-up.

READY. FOR. FRIDA.
Tee-hee. I know you meant Friday, but I''m still picturing you hanging out with Frida Kahlo.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:30:00 AM

Date: 7/30/2009 9:27:36 AM

Doing pretty OK. I was slammed at work yesterday, so now I''m playing catch-up.

READY. FOR. FRIDA.
Tee-hee. I know you meant Friday, but I''m still picturing you hanging out with Frida Kahlo.
Well.. either/or.
2.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
*ahem* so I noticed you haven''t added anything to the wedding website, yet...
27.gif

I''m ready for Friday, too. AND 1 more week of internship before I''m done. And 2 more weeks until my NorCal vacation!

Sorry you''re playing catch-up at work. I hate that feeling... I''m a huge procrastinator so I have it a lot.
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:36:41 AM
*ahem* so I noticed you haven''t added anything to the wedding website, yet...
27.gif

I''m ready for Friday, too. AND 1 more week of internship before I''m done. And 2 more weeks until my NorCal vacation!

Sorry you''re playing catch-up at work. I hate that feeling... I''m a huge procrastinator so I have it a lot.
38.gif
LOL... do you have any idea how hard it is to get my ADD FI to sit down and do the website?? Getting the invitations done was like pulling teeth!

Yay for vacation!!! The two weeks will fly by! (Ok, probably not, just trying to make you feel better.
2.gif
)

Bia

Ideal_Rock
good morning
35.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WOW, I missed a lot yesterday!

I got to go have dinner with my friend and her DH and their little girl. So much fun! She''s a total sweetheart, and one of those girls that you can just relax around. It was nice. Plus I got to play with the baby, which is always a plus.

Anyways....

ELLE, FREKE - do bpics. Doooo it!
BIGT - Yeah, that show is a tear jerker, but surprisingly realistic. I was super impressed with the couple in the finale. In fact, every time you hear them talk about it, it''s impressive. Mature, loving...they''re obviously very good people in a difficult situation, but they did the best they could for their baby, and they did it *well*.
FREKE - Green chile cheeseburger? Ummm, why haven''t I tasted one of these yet?

So, I''ve been thinking...maybe we should just petition Ali for this to become the permanent small talk thread. I never got why we had a new one every month. It''s here and stickied and there''s a lot of history in this one...why not just keep it like the mommies and the TTCers do?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you had a nice dinner, princesss! It''s always nice to play with the little ones, and then be able to give them back!

I agree with the Small Talk thing. We should just keep it going.. and we can have Ali just remove the "July"

Also, morning Bia! Did you get your stuff done last night?

elation

Rough_Rock
Morning everyone,

anyone care to hear the latest update on what my life has exploded into?

Ugh today should be Friday! =(

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:49:25 AM
Author: elation
Morning everyone,

Rut roh.

Spill it.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:54:26 AM

Date: 7/30/2009 9:49:25 AM
Author: elation
Morning everyone,

Rut roh.

Spill it.
Yup. Spill it.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 9:43:39 AM
Author: princesss
So, I''ve been thinking...maybe we should just petition Ali for this to become the permanent small talk thread. I never got why we had a new one every month. It''s here and stickied and there''s a lot of history in this one...why not just keep it like the mommies and the TTCers do?
agreed. Ali, can you hear us?
5.gif

Elle, no I didn''t finish...u crazy? I got 3 solid pages in. I was on a roll but then was interrupted by FI who wanted to cuddle. And I was tired so I let him
16.gif
Fell asleep. Now I''m at work (on my last day before VACA!) AND I am about to start again. Hoping to get my mojo back so I can finish by 4PM.

elation

Rough_Rock
Last weekend I ended up talking to the other guy until 4am on both Saturday and Sunday nights, I don''t know why I find him so interesting to talk to! It was about at this point when I knew I was wandering into dangerous waters and when he bailed on meeting up with me - a couple days later - I ended up feeling irrationally disappointed and that''s when I knew there was definitely something I couldn''t ignore anymore.
So the next day (yesterday) I went to baseball and kept my distance from the other guy. At the very end he asked if I''d come out to grab desserts tonight and I said no, I have something to take care of. So when I''d gotten away, I came out and told the BF everything about everything. At first he said he had never felt so betrayed, that trust was one of the biggest things in our relationship he prided himself on and now that was gone. So I started to tell him my side, that I had never ever done anything intentionally to betray his trust because I simply hadn''t believed it was going there. Every step of the way I had myself convinced that I could kill it when I wanted to, but now that it''s gotten to the point where I know thats not true, I was telling him. He thanked me for that.
And now we are on something like a trial separation (why does that sound so idiotic). He told me he still loves me more than anything, he forgives me and he understands that I need space to figure myself out. Then he went home, he''s going 130km away home. My birthday is on Monday and I''m sure it''ll be the saddest one I''ve ever had.
That was about when I decided I could use desserts with the other guy and maybe tell him off. Well on his way to come get me, he crashes his car. I spend the next couple hours texting him to make sure he''s alright and then being so emotionally drained, I just fall asleep. Now I''ve got this ridiculous feeling that it''s my fault I screwed up BF''s life and it''s my fault the other guy is in such a bad situation (emotionally too, he was hating on himself). And that I shouldn''t have fallen asleep after saying I''d go get him if he needed anything. It was one of those things that reminds you just how stupid you really are.

Wooow I feel like a pile today...

gpoop.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
elation, please don''t take this the wrong way, but you seem really confused. I don''t know that you should be concentrating on any relationship right now, other then the relationship with yourself. Neither your boyfriend, or this new guy, are giving you what you want, so maybe you need to find whatever that is yourself. I really believe you have to make yourself happy first. The rest will fall into place. Trust me.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 10:38:29 AM
Author: Bia
elation, please don''t take this the wrong way, but you seem really confused. I don''t know that you should be concentrating on any relationship right now, other then the relationship with yourself. Neither your boyfriend, or this new guy, are giving you what you want, so maybe you need to find whatever that is yourself. I really believe you have to make yourself happy first. The rest will fall into place. Trust me.
+1. Elation, sweetie, take a break from both guys if you''re going to take a break from one, and really focus on you.

elation

Rough_Rock
Bia, princesss, thank you, I know I know I know you''re right. And I am super confused.
My plan is to was to just cut them both off for a while and let the bricks fall, but every time the other guy calls me out, my will power morphs into a useless sack of peanuts and then my heart just trots off after him. Gah! No!
I am trying to fill my days with my other friends, but it doesn''t always happen.
I keep thinking if only I can mad enough at him to hate him a little bit, maybe I could find a way to just stay away.

This is so ridiculous.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, do what I do. Put his number in your phone as "Do not pick up!" The longer you ignore him, the easier it will get.

Also, big thank you to Ali for changing the title of this thread so we can just keep this stickied! You rock, Ali!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
quick question:

how do you all change the font in your signature...adding pictures and what not? All I could manage was a line
41.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 11:06:40 AM
Author: Bia
quick question:

how do you all change the font in your signature...adding pictures and what not? All I could manage was a line
41.gif
HTML for picture and such.

The font... you should have font options if you use IE... I do at work. At home I use firefox, and dont have font options.

You can use HTML to change the font, too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Elation, I''m sorry you''re having such a hard time.
7.gif

Bia and Princesss are right -- work on YOU. If you don''t have the will power to make a choice that is best for you, you have some more work to do. I know you''re a bit younger, and I can tell you right now that 20-23 included a LOT of growing for me! I changed a TON. Sounds like you''re just going through something similar, and its best if no one else is around to distract you from doing what is best for you.

Good luck, sweetie.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Morning Bia, princess, Elation!!

E -- I''m sorry you''re struggling with your man situation. It sounds like your BF is a really understanding person, in spite of the fact that he feels betrayed. I''d like to echo everyone else''s advice to figure out what you need for yourself, without all the men around.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Elation, I''m so sorry you''re so sad right now! I do agree with everyone else though... I think you need to be apart from both of them right now to figure out what makes YOU happy. Princesss''s (wow that''s a lot of "s"s!) suggestion of putting his number in your phone as "Do not pick up!" is a great one if you think you''ll have the willpower to actually ignore the phone calls. It''ll be a reminder every time he calls that you shouldn''t be talking to him until you figure out what you want for yourself.

Good luck, and I hope things get better for you soon.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Elation, think of it this way also. This friend of yours is completely guilting you into spending time with him. You, in a serious relationship! He''s trying to get you out of it with guilt. Poor me, I can''t be with you.
38.gif
Even if you were to break up with your BF to be with this guy, you wouldn''t be happy. I''ve been there. Stop talking to him. You can do it. You''re in a ''grass is greener'' situation with your BF, it seems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results