Date: 7/15/2009 9:15:08 AM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 7/15/2009 8:51:12 AM
Author: princesss
We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming for this brief announcement:

I

HAVE

A

SNUGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

A fashionable zebra print one at that! It''s all warm and cozy. I love it. He snuck into my house and hid it in the living room so I''d see it when I got home. Of course, I didn''t notice it (
20.gif
) because I was wiped out from Ultimate (and a few pints). So I called him to say goodnight, and he told me to look on top of the TV and there it was! Poor boy went to three Targets to get it for me.
30.gif
It''s silly that it means so much, but he *never* does stuff like this. I was really touched. And now I can stay warm anytime I want to. YAY SNUGGIE!

(And yeah, when the time comes, in a few years, I''ve got faith he can pull this whole proposal thing off. Sneaky boy...)
Aww, I love that he did that! How adorable! You''ve got a good one there!
Very sweet
30.gif
Dont you love when they surprise you with their sweetness? It''s like you know they have it in them, but you sometimes forget.

eta: Good Morning everyone!
I do love being reminded every now and then. It''s woooonderful!

And Topo: So it''s kind of a long story, but my parents are here for a month and they decided they want the air conditioning on. So instead of turning it off and on, it''s just staying on. It keeps most of the house really nice, but makes my room *freezing*, and the living room gets pretty chilly. But now I don''t have to worry, because no matter what, even my arms can be warm!

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:43:08 AM
. It keeps most of the house really nice, but makes my room *freezing*, and the living room gets pretty chilly. But now I don''t have to worry, because no matter what, even my arms can be warm!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
ok, just got back from my morning coffee run and the gal at the shop said "i just gotta tell ya, I love your ring." teeeheehehehe first ring compliment from a complete stranger.

this follows on my yesterday finally biting the bullet and telling my mother that im engaged and everything else. its too long a story to go into but things are often very not-good between us and i was about 80% she was going to flip out (not actually sure she still wont), but it turned out to be a lovely phone call and then i emailed her pics of the ring and she wrote back a very nice email and it is almost like she was a normal mother for a little bit. i don''t figure this will last, but it was disarmingly wonderful to have her initial reaction be what it was.

maybe the ring is magic.
4.gif
and speaking of...anyone seen HP yet?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:00:44 AM
Author: TopoDazzle
ok, just got back from my morning coffee run and the gal at the shop said ''i just gotta tell ya, I love your ring.'' teeeheehehehe first ring compliment from a complete stranger.

this follows on my yesterday finally biting the bullet and telling my mother that im engaged and everything else. its too long a story to go into but things are often very not-good between us and i was about 80% she was going to flip out (not actually sure she still wont), but it turned out to be a lovely phone call and then i emailed her pics of the ring and she wrote back a very nice email and it is almost like she was a normal mother for a little bit. i don''t figure this will last, but it was disarmingly wonderful to have her initial reaction be what it was.

maybe the ring is magic.
4.gif
and speaking of...anyone seen HP yet?
Yay! I''m glad you got to at least have a little bit of normal mother/daughter time over this. And random ring compliments are awesome.

No, no HP yet for me. I''m going with my family this weekend. I''m so excited!

elation

Rough_Rock
Wow! This thread moves fast.

princesss-- I LOVE the story about how you got your snuggie! Your man is so sweet haha it just cracked me up because I totally laugh at the idea of a snuggie but secretly want to try it =p

Haven''t seen the new HP yet, it was all sold out in all the theatres! I did just see Transformers though and wow, they''ve got some innuendo snuck in all over!
I heard The Proposal is a really funny movie, but I really can''t go see that with the BF now.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning ladies! It''s my first time joining this thread, but I finally have a day off yippeeee! I''m so excited to get a chance to run errands, get a pedicure, and relax!
10.gif

How''s everyone this morning?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Morning, y''all!

Went to the nerd showing of HP last night at midnight, and came in 2 hours late to work.

TIRED!
24.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I have a meeting soon where I actually have to talk. Don''t want to be a litigator anymore. Hate public speaking. Ack!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Morning ladies. How was HP Elle?

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:23:30 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Morning, y''all!

Went to the nerd showing of HP last night at midnight, and came in 2 hours late to work.

TIRED!
24.gif

so thumbs up to HP?

ETA: went to B. Ella and found a good dress option to show the FMIL if she wants to look in A2 in addition to in the Royal Oak area.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning lovely ladies!

Lilac - yes! I finally found someone else who understands! I hate it when I get a headache and have no Tylenol on me. Then when I have to ask for one, they try to give me Advil or something. No thanks, I''m trying to stay hive free today! That''s kinda scary that your throat could close up! Hopefully that''ll never happen. I''m not sure what it is about Excerin, but maybe it''s the caffeine mixed with asprin and acetometophin that makes it work so well. Maybe they should start mixing some caffeine with Tylenol!

princesss! Yay for getting your Snuggie!!!!! Your bf is so sweet for doing that for you. I have no doubt he could pull of a super proposal! So, is the Snuggie really as comfy as it looks?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never read the HP books. FI just made me start watching the movies late last year.

This movie, of all of them, was the most boring. The movie was well done, but boring... if that makes sense. It felt like it was just preparing us for the final movie.

If I had read the books I would have known to expect that. I was a little let down, I admit. It was my least favorite.

Also, the guy sitting next to me REEKED of booze and cigarettes. I had to lean really far away from him in an uncomfortable position through the entire movie and I am SORE today!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss!!! you got a snuggie?!?! lucky!!
39.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:26:55 AM
Author: TheBigT
I have a meeting soon where I actually have to talk. Don''t want to be a litigator anymore. Hate public speaking. Ack!! <hyperventilates>

Good luck to you! Pretend they''re all in their underwear! I don''t know if that really helps or not but, worth a shot?

Topo - yay for your magic ring and I''m glad you were able to have a nice mother-daughter moment!

Can''t wait to see HP! Bf and I are total dorks and always watch all the movies in order the night before the new one comes out. Umm ok, I just realized how dorky we sounded as I typed that. Elle, was it good?

elation - my girlfriend and I caught a sneek peek of The Proposal last month and it was awesome! Ryan and Sandra are incredibly hysterical in it...I haven''t laughed so hard at the movies in a really long time. Betty White was also great!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
princesss! Yay for getting your Snuggie!!!!! Your bf is so sweet for doing that for you. I have no doubt he could pull of a super proposal! So, is the Snuggie really as comfy as it looks?
Yes, yes it is. It is pretty cheap material, so you can hear the static building and crackling, but it''s SO warm and comfy. And it covers my monkey arms and my whole body, so two thumbs up for the Snuggie.

Elle, I''m sorry HP wasn''t as good. I feel like I should reread the book, but I can''t afford to go buy a copy right now, and the library is out of HP books right now...

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:39:19 AM
Also, the guy sitting next to me REEKED of booze and cigarettes. I had to lean really far away from him in an uncomfortable position through the entire movie and I am SORE today!

14.gif
gross.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m such the HP nerd and I saw the movie last night.
I agree that the movie was ridiculoulsy slow and they left out some parts that would have made the movie pop.
And the way they did the ending was all wrong wrong wrong, I was expecting an epic tearjerker like the book but i was left wanting more.

all in all it was a good movie but not the best in the franchise

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:55:10 AM
Author: ckrickett
I agree that the movie was ridiculoulsy slow and they left out some parts that would have made the movie pop.
And the way they did the ending was all wrong wrong wrong, I was expecting an epic tearjerker like the book but i was left wanting more.

Yes! Exactly! It was just suddenly over... it was weird.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:02:25 AM

Yes! Exactly! It was just suddenly over... it was weird.
I know...I was like thats it?!
33.gif

And there was no funeral. I was kinda upset about that.

altho the best parts were with Luna Lovegood, she really stole the movie.

jjc

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no! I hate it when movies butcher the books they''re based on. Just don''t get it
14.gif
I''m glad I know now not to expect too much of this latest HP movie. I hope the last one does the last book justice though, that book was amazing!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 11:05:22 AM
Author: jjc

Oh no! I hate it when movies butcher the books they''re based on. Just don''t get it
14.gif
I''m glad I know now not to expect too much of this latest HP movie. I hope the last one does the last book justice though, that book was amazing!
Yeah, they ALWAYS ruin books. But I never read HP, so it can''t ruin anything for me!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Morning all! We watched Revolutionary Road last night. MAN was that a downer!
7.gif

princesss- glad you like your snuggie!

vip- Thanks for what you said on the last page

BigT- I've got a huge meeting at another office this afternoon! Luckily it will be catered so I'm looking forward to leaving work to go to another location and be fed as well!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
princesss - yay for the Snuggie! What your BF did sounds so sweet!

TopoDazzle - well your ring IS gorgeous! But I also LOOOVE getting random compliments by strangers it makes me feel so good! And I''m happy your conversation with your mom went well... hopefully that will continue.

elation - I saw the Proposal with DH last weekend - soo funny! I really enjoyed it.

vip - I carry Tylenol with me almost everywhere I go now. Before we leave to go somewhere, DH says "did you bring Tylenol?" because he knows that whenever I ask someone they give me Advil or Motrin thinking it''s the "same thing" and I always end up having to explain. I have SUUCHH a bad headache right now and I feel like it''s not even worth taking Tylenol because I hate pumping that all into me when it''s relatively useless usually anyway
40.gif

I also hate when movies change the ending from the books they''re based on. It always ends up being confusing and disappointing when it ends differently.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I''m telling you when I read the 6th book I cried at the ending for over an hour. And not a little tear I was sobbing uncontrollably for awhile.
Yes its silly but I really get into my books.
I was alls et to have a breakdown during the movie I even warned my friends and the ending was way less then spectacular.
I was just like
15.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Morning, ladies!

I didn''t see HP last night (there was a little thing in our city called the All Star Game) but I''m thinking about catching a matinee today.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, Lilac I''m sorry you have a headache now. Seriously though, I would look into seeing your doctor about getting Maxalt. Tylenol used to not work so well for me either and I was always worried about taking too much. Nowadays, my headaches aren''t too bad so Tylenol does the trick just fine.

Oh, I had such high hopes for HP! As big of a fan that I am, I hate to admit that I haven''t read the books since the 3rd so, I couldn''t compare the movies to it. I love how the books and the movies got progressively more serious and better than the last. The Order of the Phoenix I thought was a good movie! I was hoping this one would be better.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m definitely interested in seeing how they approach this one. I walked out of the first few feeling disappointed at the cuts and changes that were made, but given that they had to make those changes just to cram the shorter books into films, I''m feeling more okay with it as the longer books get turned into movies.

Speaking of books vs. movies, I know people usually like the book more than the movie. Any situations where you feel the opposite? I have a small list, but I''m curious what other people think.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Morning all. I''m not down with the HP, am I really the only one?! Hehehe!
9.gif

So anxious today! Awaiting epics, bpics and a floral quote. Eeeee!!
26.gif

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamgirl- Oh MAN Revolutionary Road!!! My BF and I made the mistake of watching that movie when things were already kinda tense. Yikes!

Lilac- Have you tried Excedrin Migraine? Even if you don''t necessarily have a migraine, that stuff is magic!! I''m sorry you have a bad headache
8.gif
hope it''s gone soon!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:53:38 AM
Author: princesss

Yes, yes it is. It is pretty cheap material, so you can hear the static building and crackling, but it''s SO warm and comfy. And it covers my monkey arms and my whole body, so two thumbs up for the Snuggie.

Elle, I''m sorry HP wasn''t as good. I feel like I should reread the book, but I can''t afford to go buy a copy right now, and the library is out of HP books right now...
Bummer! FI claims I have the ''better than Snuggie'' Snuggie
22.gif
. I don''t know what kind it is, but mine doesn''t do that. Hmmm....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results