shape
carat
color
clarity

The June LIW Small Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
New thread started! Admins, can we make this a sticky?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jcar!

Did you message the mods, J?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
holy crap! It''s JUNE!!!!!

My monthly resolution (not that I ever make one) is to keep up with the June Small Talk Thread. Let''s see how long that lasts...haha.

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 8:41:31 AM
Author: sammyj
holy crap! It''s JUNE!!!!!

My monthly resolution (not that I ever make one) is to keep up with the June Small Talk Thread. Let''s see how long that lasts...haha.

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month!!!
Good luck, Sammy!
3.gif

I find it''s best to just jump in where you can at the time you''re here. It''s hard to keep up!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Aud- to answert your Q from May LIw, yes and no on the proposal. I''d be lying if i said i wasnt hoping for one, but deep down i know its not going to happen. poo. pretty depressing b/c it all stems from E not managing money and making things a priority over others (like, new video games, camera, etc, things we already have). It sucks harder becuase both my paychecks go to all bills (mostely mine and ours) so its kinda like...WTF.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 8:38:01 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Thanks Jcar!

sure did!

ooh

i just had a full on hissy fit at work. seriously.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:10:27 AM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 6/1/2009 8:38:01 AM
Thanks Jcar!

sure did!

ooh

i just had a full on hissy fit at work. seriously.
lol

What happened?
3.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
so, 3 orders for this morning were not put in. fortunately, non of them were mine. not so fortunately, i got yelled at by each customer. also, my phone had 6 lines going at once. 3 of these were the missing orders. firefox is not working, and it has all my saved work websites and passwords. I cannot access our ordering system via explorer. Tech''s solution was to re istall firefox.
I stubbed my (good) toe on a desk and then ran into the desk.
I promptly kicked the chair into the cubical, slammed shut a cabnit and yelled profanities at the top of my lungs.

hissy. Fit.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ps - its okay to laugh. normally i would. its just the crap keeps getting higher.

11 days
11 days
11 days
11 days

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Good morning my lovely ladies...

Happy June 1st!
36.gif

How was everyone''s weekend? Mine was really good
10.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Bia - what did you do this weekend? Mine was good too - spent a lot of time outside and NOT following my diet
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:14:08 AM
so, 3 orders for this morning were not put in. fortunately, non of them were mine. not so fortunately, i got yelled at by each customer. also, my phone had 6 lines going at once. 3 of these were the missing orders. firefox is not working, and it has all my saved work websites and passwords. I cannot access our ordering system via explorer. Tech''s solution was to re istall firefox.
I stubbed my (good) toe on a desk and then ran into the desk.
I promptly kicked the chair into the cubical, slammed shut a cabnit and yelled profanities at the top of my lungs.

hissy. Fit.
LOL.

Holy crap Jcar!

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but when that many things go wrong at once, it''s comical.

Hopefully after your hissy your day goes a bit better!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:02:32 AM
Aud- to answert your Q from May LIw, yes and no on the proposal. I''d be lying if i said i wasnt hoping for one, but deep down i know its not going to happen. poo. pretty depressing b/c it all stems from E not managing money and making things a priority over others (like, new video games, camera, etc, things we already have). It sucks harder becuase both my paychecks go to all bills (mostely mine and ours) so its kinda like...WTF.
I feel you, FF is still in the ''I''m young and want to have fun!'' phase of his life and is much more interested in spending money on toys (guns, flying planes, scuba, hiking, etc.) than saving for the future. *sigh* He pays his half of the bills, but I''m always the one who foots the grocery bill and extras (like movies) because I''m the only one with any extra money since he''s already spent all his on fun for him.
14.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:21:18 AM
Author: Bia

Happy June 1st!
36.gif

10.gif
Morning, B!

Did you get your grade back? Or just a really good weekend?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:25:55 AM

Happy June 1st!
36.gif

10.gif
Morning, B!

Got it back. She gave me a B+
20.gif
w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r...

At least I''m not waiting anymore, you know? I''m okay with the grade. I obviously have something to prove, because she says my paper went beyond, and yet, she didn''t give me an A. And aparrently there are quite a few others that are hopping mad because she was so unfair. She has her favorites Elle, and I''m not one of them it seems...and that''s fine. BUT, my next paper is going to be soooo perfect, I want to see her try to give me anything other than an A. I''m moving on...

The weekend was good. I had class but then the rest of the weekend was relaxing. FI and I had a picnic yesterday at our *special place*. The weather was perfect, so we had a blast.

How about you all?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:34:46 AM

Date: 6/1/2009 9:25:55 AM

Happy June 1st!
36.gif

10.gif
Morning, B!

20.gif
w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r...

At least I''m not waiting anymore, you know? I''m okay with the grade. I obviously have something to prove, because she says my paper went beyond, and yet, she didn''t give me an A. And aparrently there are quite a few others that are hopping mad because she was so unfair. She has her favorites Elle, and I''m not one of them it seems...and that''s fine. BUT, my next paper is going to be soooo perfect, I want to see her try to give me anything other than an A. I''m moving on...

The weekend was good. I had class but then the rest of the weekend was relaxing. FI and I had a picnic yesterday at our *special place*. The weather was perfect, so we had a blast.

How about you all?
Ugh. Obviously you deserved better. I''m sorry you didn''t get an A, but a B+ is nothing to scoff at, and you will rock the next paper. I''m just glad you finally have your grade back and you can relax!

Glad you had a good weekend!

FF and I and a few friends went bowling Saturday night for his birthday. He turns 30 tomorrow!
6.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:25:50 AM
Author: audball

Date: 6/1/2009 9:02:32 AM
I feel you, FF is still in the ''I''m young and want to have fun!'' phase of his life and is much more interested in spending money on toys (guns, flying planes, scuba, hiking, etc.) than saving for the future. *sigh* He pays his half of the bills, but I''m always the one who foots the grocery bill and extras (like movies) because I''m the only one with any extra money since he''s already spent all his on fun for him.
14.gif
*sigh* it does suck. and with today starting off kinda crappy, knowing this does not make it better.

but, alas, we will have a great* vacation, and it will be loving none the less!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:37:04 AM

Date: 6/1/2009 9:34:46 AM

20.gif
w.h.a.t.e.v.e.r...

How about you all?
Ugh. Obviously you deserved better. I''m sorry you didn''t get an A, but a B+ is nothing to scoff at, and you will rock the next paper. I''m just glad you finally have your grade back and you can relax!

Glad you had a good weekend!

FF and I and a few friends went bowling Saturday night for his birthday. He turns 30 tomorrow!
6.gif
Bia - sucks about the grade
7.gif
i cannot stand teachers that do that. your next paper will get you an A for sure!
Elle - yay for bowling! i suck at it, but i still love to bowl!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I finally got the dining room painted. I missed one little section that I thought that plate that covers electrical sockets would cover. It doesn''t. Lame. But otherwise it looks good. I''m proud of myself. I only had minimal help from BF, so I''m feeling all handy. Now I just have to paint my sister''s bedroom and the house will be pretty much ready for my family. Oh, and I have to hang pictures. That''s not too bad.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with people for changing plans without telling you? I made plans with some friends for them to come over last night for a beer and to hang out, and so I call one of our other friends to let her know about it, and she says, "Oh yeah, about an hour ago I decided we should all go to the bar and so *insert names of people I had plans with* all said they''d go, and so did x, y, and z." Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, guys. These are the same people I get fed up with every week. Why am I still trying to hang out with them??? Because I''m a sucker with no other friends who thinks maybe this time things will change. Nope. Not gonna happen. It means I probably won''t see my friend that''s visiting from Argentina. And while it''s not totally necessary to see her (we were friends for 6 months and then she moved), it would be nice.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:45:07 AM
Author: princesss
I finally got the dining room painted. I missed one little section that I thought that plate that covers electrical sockets would cover. It doesn''t. Lame. But otherwise it looks good. I''m proud of myself. I only had minimal help from BF, so I''m feeling all handy. Now I just have to paint my sister''s bedroom and the house will be pretty much ready for my family. Oh, and I have to hang pictures. That''s not too bad.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with people for changing plans without telling you? I made plans with some friends for them to come over last night for a beer and to hang out, and so I call one of our other friends to let her know about it, and she says, ''Oh yeah, about an hour ago I decided we should all go to the bar and so *insert names of people I had plans with* all said they''d go, and so did x, y, and z.'' Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, guys. These are the same people I get fed up with every week. Why am I still trying to hang out with them??? Because I''m a sucker with no other friends who thinks maybe this time things will change. Nope. Not gonna happen. It means I probably won''t see my friend that''s visiting from Argentina. And while it''s not totally necessary to see her (we were friends for 6 months and then she moved), it would be nice.
Good job on the painting! It''s tough work. It seems fun at first, but about half way through you start to resent it. At least I do.

I am also a plan-changer-hater. I also feel your lack of friends issue. I held on to crappy friends for a long time because there was no one else. I feel so much better now that they''re gone.

I''m sorry you might not see your friend. That sucks!
14.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with people for changing plans without telling you? I made plans with some friends for them to come over last night for a beer and to hang out, and so I call one of our other friends to let her know about it, and she says, ''Oh yeah, about an hour ago I decided we should all go to the bar and so *insert names of people I had plans with* all said they''d go, and so did x, y, and z.'' Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, guys. These are the same people I get fed up with every week. Why am I still trying to hang out with them??? Because I''m a sucker with no other friends who thinks maybe this time things will change. Nope. Not gonna happen. It means I probably won''t see my friend that''s visiting from Argentina. And while it''s not totally necessary to see her (we were friends for 6 months and then she moved), it would be nice.
I hate when things like that happen, it''s so rude to just make other plans and not tell you
38.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 9:44:15 AM

Bia - sucks about the grade
7.gif
i cannot stand teachers that do that. your next paper will get you an A for sure!
Elle - yay for bowling! i suck at it, but i still love to bowl!
I bowled a 92 and 104.

Awesome.
20.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I finally got the dining room painted. I missed one little section that I thought that plate that covers electrical sockets would cover. It doesn't. Lame. But otherwise it looks good. I'm proud of myself. I only had minimal help from BF, so I'm feeling all handy. Now I just have to paint my sister's bedroom and the house will be pretty much ready for my family. Oh, and I have to hang pictures. That's not too bad.

Am I the only one that gets annoyed with people for changing plans without telling you? I made plans with some friends for them to come over last night for a beer and to hang out, and so I call one of our other friends to let her know about it, and she says, 'Oh yeah, about an hour ago I decided we should all go to the bar and so *insert names of people I had plans with* all said they'd go, and so did x, y, and z.' Awesome. Thanks for letting me know, guys. These are the same people I get fed up with every week. Why am I still trying to hang out with them??? Because I'm a sucker with no other friends who thinks maybe this time things will change. Nope. Not gonna happen. It means I probably won't see my friend that's visiting from Argentina. And while it's not totally necessary to see her (we were friends for 6 months and then she moved), it would be nice.
Not uncommon p. Some people are lucky enough to make, and keep, lifelong friends, but many of us outgrow our friends, and go on to make new ones. I've outgrown practically all of my HS friends, and even most of my college friends. Making the consistent effort, IMO, is how you differentiate real friends from "now" friends. Of all the friends I've made in my life, I only have two friends that have stuck by me through the years (since college). It's never just me calling them, or making plans. It's never them flaking on me, or being shady. And I'm always down to make new ones.

If these friends flake on you more often than not, then stop being the only one who tries. Let them try. If they don't, send them packing.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ugh. firefox STILL not working *grrR*

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m just going to stop making an effort. I could really care less if I ever see any of them again. *crosses fingers for the women''s Ultimate team to happen* I do have other people I''d like to hang out with, so I''ll try making plans with them.

Elle, you and I should go bowling sometime. That''s about my skill level, too.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wewt!

We''re stickied!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Dang. The mods must just hate me....

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 10:17:52 AM
LOL.

I think princesss needs a hug today!
slider_grouphugg.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 10:19:59 AM

LOL.

slider_grouphugg.gif
LOL

You know, I think I actually needed that.
2.gif

Today will be a good day. And if it doesn''t want to cooperate, I''ll beat it into submission.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2009 10:21:16 AM

Date: 6/1/2009 10:19:59 AM

LOL.

slider_grouphugg.gif
LOL

You know, I think I actually needed that.
2.gif

Today will be a good day. And if it doesn''t want to cooperate, I''ll beat it into submission.
Glad I could help!

I fully support beating anything into submission that you deem necessary.

On a side note: I''m hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results