shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking Bets: When Will Gwen and J Get Engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
She can shine her ring in the sky using a torch light like Batman!
GGWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Not engaged. Feeling a bit stupid, really, since he seems to keep dropping huge hints about it happening at a certain time, on a specific day, and then it doesn't. Trying to not let it bring me down but I feel a bit messed around with.

Went to the V&A Museum yesterday, which was nice, but we only went because I dragged him out of the house. He seemed ready to just spend the day watching TV. We're going out for cream tea this afternoon, again at my request. Am doubting now whether it will happen before we leave.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel bad, Gwen! Who knows what he has up his sleeve!! It''s too easy to analyze every teeny thing when you''re in the thicke of it and know it could happen any minute. When it''s over you''ll probably have a good chuckle about getting yourself worked up. Still, I''m sorry you''re feeling slightly manipulated--I don''t think J is doing anything intentionally, but maybe he''s getting too much enjoyment out of the wriggling since he gets control over this one :)

I hope today is better for you, Gwen, and you have a large support network here if you need it!!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Sweetie, I think because you''re so good at suspecting, he''s doing his best to make it a surprise -- by intentionally throwing you off the trail. Try not to let it get you down too much! Remember that you know it''s going to happen, and it''s going to happen soon!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 7:15:31 AM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Don''t feel bad, Gwen! Who knows what he has up his sleeve!! It''s too easy to analyze every teeny thing when you''re in the thicke of it and know it could happen any minute. When it''s over you''ll probably have a good chuckle about getting yourself worked up. Still, I''m sorry you''re feeling slightly manipulated--I don''t think J is doing anything intentionally, but maybe he''s getting too much enjoyment out of the wriggling since he gets control over this one :)

I hope today is better for you, Gwen, and you have a large support network here if you need it!!

Ditto, we are all here for you :).

Don''t feel silly, he might just as well doing that to throw you off the scent (we have all seen there before on here) so that you will be super surprised when he does :). We know and you know it is going to happen - the anticipation is in the when and how :D.

I just hope he does it before Freke bombards him with poo, though that would be one heck of a story
25.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel stupid, Gwen. Honestly, this is probably one of the last major things he will be completely in control of...no doubt he wants to prolong it! It''ll happen soon and then you''ll be so happy you''ll forget all about the waiting part of it
9.gif
Just hang in there, girly!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I know he isn''t trying to manipulate me on purpose, and that he doesn''t have any idea how things sounds from my point of view when he says them (which is what happened on my birthday, when I laid out all the hints he''d been giving me and realized when I said them all together, how specific it sounded). It''s still a bit frustrating, simply because he seems to drop SO MANY HINTS that aren''t just that it''s coming, but seem to suggest the exact day, that I can''t help but get excited! But I''m going to try to not think about it, and if he tries to say anything else about it, ask him to not tell me anything more. I don''t want any more ''hints'' that turn out to be misleading.

Today was a lovely day. We went out to this lovely place in London called Harrow-on-the-Hill and had a simply GORGEOUS afternoon cream tea. It''s not in an orchard like the place in Grantchester that you and I both love, Dee, but it was still absolutely amazing and the decor of the place was wonderful and I just loved it! Plus (surprisingly, since it''s a posh area of London), it was a pretty good deal, AND J loved the cakes! So, we''ll definitely be back.
1.gif
We also poked around the area, had a good laugh at the prices of some of the houses (4 bedroom house for £1.3 million, yah no prob), and found a quiet little spot in a beautiful church graveyard where Lord Byron used to sit and think. So that was really nice too. Plans for tonight are just to chill out and I''ll make him a nice Sunday dinner, which tends to make him my slave.
11.gif
2.gif

Seriously, thanks for your kind words. I keep punishing myself, because if I hadn''t opened my big ol'' yapper back on the 12th, we''d have been engaged for over two weeks now! So when I get frustrated, it''s mostly at myself for messing up his original plans, not him for having his new plan. Although, I do kind of wish I didn''t know anything about it at all--knowing it should''ve happened already but hasn''t isn''t that fun. But oh well, at least I know it will happen, like you all said, and that he''s trying to make it really wonderful and romantic for me and all.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
He''s getting you (and all of us) good!

and we wait...

2.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:13:32 PM
Author: Bia
He''s getting you (and all of us) good!

and we wait...

2.gif
3.gif
4.gif
5.gif
ditto!
I''m glad though, you still had a lovely weekend gwen!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like an utterly wonderful day - even without the proposal. NExt time I come to London thats the first place I am headed
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh heck no.

And now I want cake. Ugh.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
That''s it. *sharpens the hooker heel from Freke, and polishes the shovel*

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well, remember it is a matter of when, no if.

I feel for you. It''s frustrating, but I know it will be worth the wait.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t feel down! I know that it''s probably disappointing but I bet he has a good plan up his sleeve. Sounds like you had a fun afternoon today though. That place sounds amazing.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Choro. I''ve doubled the poo collecting efforts. Where is Erica? She better be adjusting the catapult for maximum range...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Maybe Gwen should have cooked Engagement Chicken for her Sunday meal?????

I believe the catapult is finished. Did we ever figure out how to get the hovercraft.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DANG.IT.

I knew I forgot something. What would be a good alternative if I can''t get it?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ummmmmmmmmm, model plane? Some of those have a pretty good range.

We could strap it on a 747 heading over the pond but I doubt the FAA would like it that much.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
ERGH.

Submarine?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Submarine would be great, except that we need to figure out a way to protect the hamster poo from the water. I think model airplane would be the best. I''ve seen a few people flying them locally. I''ll go hunting for one now.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Post links...they are producing quite a bit of poo...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHH!

I found the world''s largest remote controlled airplane!

HUGE Airplane

Lets go hunt it down.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUDE. That''s PERFECT. Who is going to be in charge of catapulting the poo? Do we need someone to man the plane?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I think Choro should be. She''s tiny and won''t add much weight to the plane.

Choro, you feel up to it???

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Choro. Where you at? We need a poo loader/catapulter!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
We have to leave some extra time for Choro - she''s gotta hop here on just one shoe! Maybe you should give her a second hooker heel. It doesn''t necessarily have to match, just even her out to get here faster.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
FINE.

Choro.

You have a choice between a Barbie heel or a black patent snake embossed leather with metallic heel and platform hooker heel. (Both are Jessica Simpson, which should come to a surprise to NO ONE.)

Let me know which one you want.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Just make sure the one you give her is the same height as the one you already gave her!

Actually, here''s another idea for if we run out of hamster poo. Didn''t DF suggest that your hooker heels would make a good weapon? And don''t you have more than 100+ pairs of hooker heels? Maybe we can use those in the catapult!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both pretty close. I'll give her the final choice. The black ones are more comfy because they also have a small platform like the blue hooker heels.

You are not going to catapult my shoes. Period.

ETA: although they do make excellent weapons...
9.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ok then, can Choro just throw them from the top of the world''s largest airplane? That isn''t catapulting them and that is the only thing you said we couldn''t do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results