shape
carat
color
clarity

Swimsuit size chart???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Magnolia Girl

Rough_Rock
Hey everybody! I was just wondering if any of you have the same problem as I do when picking out a swimsuit. I normally were a size 2 or 4 in regular clothes, depending on the designer, etc. But when it comes to swimsuits I have to get a size 6 or 8 if I don''t want to look like I have on clothes from the children''s department. Any suggestions? I am 40 so two-piece swimsuits are out of the question for me.
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
have you tried lands end? They have so many options in suit styles, including tankinis which are the convenience of a two piece but the look of a one piece. They''ll even let you do returns at Sears now so you don''t have to mail it in.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
What''s you''re experiencing is VERY normal. I''m a 4 normally, but I wear a 6 in most suits, and even sometimes an 8. I was told by a salesman when picking out swimsuits that I should automatically go up one size at least.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tankini''s are the new "black"! Even my FMIL just got one! I''ve had one for a couple years and they are just "the bomb" ... especially for quick b-room visits during a day of swimming/beaching!

Also ... you can get different tops to pair with the bottoms. I have one strapless & one "tank" style ... strapless for laying out ... tank for water play!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a ruffle halter tankini top from jcrew for reference, but many tankini tops hit further down, so they don''t show any "belly"

rufflehalterjcrew.jpg

Magnolia Girl

Rough_Rock
That''s a good point. I have never like the idea of wearing a tankini, it always seemed like I was not wanting to go to the one piece, but could not "fit" in a bikini like I used to, so I just opted not to go anywhere that required a swimsuit - which was not like me. So, I suppose it would be a good idea toget a tankini and see if I can used to it. Thanks for the great advice!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
I always seem to have this problem too mainly because my body seems too tall for a one piece.

Tankinis are a FABULOUS option. TARGET has a whole bunch right now. They have these ones from I think Mossimo that the top goes all the way down low and are a really neat soft fabric and actually looked like a tank top and matching underwear and look classy I thought. The black did. I think they have that in the more Juniors section, it comes in black with some gold I think and also red and blue. They seem to change inventory really often too. They also have their other brand that isn''t Juniors I cant think of the name that gives you lots of choices for tankinis but I didnt'' try those on there cause their bottoms are higher cut and I like mine to sit lower.

You could also check out TJMaxx, who have a lot of different brands. They are neat because they have ones w/ underwire and other cool stuff for cheaper, I got a binkini top AND bottom that fit perfectly for.. $13 dollars. !!!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
ha... froufrou... that reminded me of when I tried mine on in front of my boyfriend and said "what do you think?" and he said "isn''t that underwear?" and I said "No, it''s a bathing suit!" and hey said "how would other people know it wasn''t underwear?" I said "because I''ll be by the pool!!!" I had several different tops and bottoms for my week in Mexico, where I lived in the pool and the ocean the whole time. VERY convenient!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I totally know what you mean! I am also normally a size 2 and the lady at the "Just Add Water" says that is a 6 in swim suit sizes. Weird huh?
19.gif
When I was first glancing through their swim suits I was thinking to myself I wouldn''t be able to find anything that fit me, but once I tried some on, I saw what she meant.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results