shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange Engagement Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I think these dreams are sign that we need to host a meeting for Control Freaks Anonymous.

I think my dreams are because we are so close to P-day (sometime between now and the end of the year). He''s worried that I won''t be surprised...I told him that since he knows what I want he can choose whether or not to involve me in the process, I also reminded him that I have no clue how or when he''ll do it. He let it slip that he was going to make me wait until New Years Eve (my deadline otherwise I''ll turn into a pumpkin), so that I''d get mad that he didn''t do anything and then he''d do it. I told him that was very mean of him. He said he guesses its his own fault that it won''t be a complete surprise...I told him if he truly wanted to totally surprise he would have done everything already. Oh boys!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree about the Control Freaks Anonymous! Didn''t we talk about this already?
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I am so glad I am not the only one whose dreams are disturbing. I think I may have seen too many movies over the past summer. Anyway I know (I think) that my SO is going to propose while we are both home for the holidays. But I really do not know when or how he is going to do it. In my dreams we are in the downstairs library reading when he looks up at me and asks if I would like to play a board game. I agree and we go through the pool room but instead of entering the breakfast room we are at Laurell Falls in TN. I want to go hiking but he insists we sit, I plop down on a rock and he drops to one knee and proposes....I am sick all over him. The ring boxes falls to the ground and dissolves along with the ring. I never even see the ring. He looks at me says he understands and vanishes. I start to rise to go after him and I am back in the place we met. I woke up then, scared and very confused.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
When I was in college there was a couple that got engaged. He made a book about a fairytale about them. They were in the park one day under a tray and he pulled out the book and he was reading the story and turned the page, and had the ring tied in there with everything he wanted to say. So cute, plus this way she could relive the proposal, especially since brides always say they never remember what the guy actually says except that somehow he managed to ask the girl marry him.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet!!
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had another dream last night. Maybe it was because the BF was asking me ring questions at dinner (so fiunny that now he''s the one that keeps asking questions, when I''m supposed to be out of the loop about these things).

In the dream we were at the rodeo, but instead of it being a regular night, it was committeemen only, but there were still tons of people. But instead of being at Reliant Park, it was more like were near the convention center downtown. We were outside and he was very drunk and had passed out in the grass. Somehow I guess I found the ring on him or something, and decided to open it up (since he was passed out he wouldn''t know). Well its the ritani endless love without halo, and one side of the shank is is diamonds but on the other side of the center stone it was sapphires. It was all very wierd looking. But then I decided to put it on and just start wearing it (kind of like Rachel on friends when she has the baby). Also at some point in the dream his mom had called me and said that since were getting engaged soon we needed to start making wedding plans and try on dresses, etc.

I don''t remember the rest of it. But we did fall asleep on the couch and recliner and woke up at 4am so I think thats why he was passed out in the dream.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Heh, ''tini, I think your subconscious picked up after mine with that whole "make up your mind, diamonds or sapphires?" thing.
1.gif

I had a weird wedding dream last night. I dreamed that Kyle and I were getting married at the RenFaire, but it was this totally casual thing, really nobody was there, just my family; we had no vendors, there was no set time for anything to start, I just did my hair (which was about 3x as long as it really is), put on a dress and we went to the Faire and got married. Then we ran around on top of some hay bales which had been placed for seating and jumped in one of those bounce house things. (?!?!) After that I remembered I wanted some pictures so I asked my dad to take some with his camera but all the curls had fallen out of my hair and I looked stupid and I was mad that we hadn''t taken them earlier. Overall, it felt like just another day, like nothing special had happened, and that was disconcerting.

This is all so funny because when we do, eventually, sometime get married, I want a pretty formal affair!
9.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to share my really weird engagement dream too.

My boyfriend was engaged before to his ex-girlfriend. I haven''t seen the ring but he''s told me what it looks like (totally not what I would want) and he has also told me how he proposed to her. (This was way before we got serious I''d like to add)

Anyway so in my dream, I''m asleep and he''s driving and he slips the ring on my finger while I''m asleep and when I wake up he asks me to marry him (the exact same way he proposed to his ex). I look down and see the ''old ring'' and start screaming and wake up really really angry until I realize its just a dream.

PS I''ve had this dream more than once. Wonder what it means?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
princessv - Do you sometimes feel like he hasn''t gotten over his previous relationship? Or maybe you feel anxious that he hasn''t, or that history could repeat itself?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Hrm anchor31, never thought about that before. Although now that I think about it, it does seem quite obvious. The answer to that would be yes and no. This summer we lived in the same apartment where him and his ex lived in and that always used to freak me out!

I''m glad I found this thread though I thought that I was the only one having weird engagement dreams!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It never is obvious at first when it''s your own dreams...
2.gif

And yikes! That would freak me out too!!
40.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''d be freaked out too.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had another one of these last night, but it was more about a ring than the engagement. I met icekid and was looking at her ring. It was wierd, the pave on her ring, wasn''t real, it was pictures of pave printed on paper and then the paper was glued on the metal to look like pave, and the paper wasn''t laying flat on the corners, so you could imagine how the halo looked. It was like the ring was a paper doll or something. In my dream I was very perplexed by this b/c icekids'' ring is one of my favorites, but in person was just odd.

I guess now I''m having ring perfection anxiety instead of my bf.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i haven't read this entire thread yet, but would like to add my dream. i NEVER thought i'd dream about all of this, but last night i did! it was about the diamond ring. i dreamed i was showing it to my distant family (the ones i see only on holidays). i looked down at it and it was milky white and one of those blinky-fake-plastic-huge-rings, only it wasn't blinking. i was trying to show them how much it sparkled, but it didn't. i went to the jeweler to see about it. i opened the ring up (took the top off). the diamond was inside but wasn't set. i looked down at it and intsead of arrows, there was a pattern of holes. i even tried to use a flashlight ontop of the diamond to show that it sparkled (like Brian at WF did to show a different lighting condition) but it didn't sparkle.

agh! what a crappy dream!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 11:09:39 AM
Author: appletini
I had another one of these last night, but it was more about a ring than the engagement. I met icekid and was looking at her ring. It was wierd, the pave on her ring, wasn''t real, it was pictures of pave printed on paper and then the paper was glued on the metal to look like pave, and the paper wasn''t laying flat on the corners, so you could imagine how the halo looked. It was like the ring was a paper doll or something. In my dream I was very perplexed by this b/c icekids'' ring is one of my favorites, but in person was just odd.

I guess now I''m having ring perfection anxiety instead of my bf.

I had a weird dream a couple of weeks ago, but I forgot it, so it must not have been that bad!

Appletini: This dream is really interesting...almost like after all this time planning and looking at "virtual" rings, it is hard to imagine having/seing the real thing...I can relate...esp. since I make myself scale "rings" out of paper and wear them to figure out what it would be like!
20.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
fetafelice...what a great idea...I wish I had thought of that sooner!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I had a dream where my BF proposed (completely lame one, too) and it was not only the ugliest ring ever, but ti was totally opposite of what I want (and what he knows I want!) it was a horrible cheap yellow gold (I mean cheap as in gold leaf) with square diamonds (not princess cut, SQUARE!!) in a weird pattern. But in my dream (as in real life, I guess) I was just so happy to have the ring that I tried to put it on, but it was too tight, so I squeezed my finger into it, and it hurt! But I was just so happy to have it, I told my BF it looked fine and that I loved it- even though it was so obvious my finger was losing all feeling and it looked like a rubber band tightly wrapped around a log of cookie dough! I woke up expecting to see it, but thank the lord, for once I was glad my finger was naked!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results