shape
carat
color
clarity

stop smoking while drinking??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmg124

Rough_Rock
this is my first time posting in this section :) so, just a little background about myself first...

my FF and i have been together for 4.5 years and started talking about getting engaged when we realized that he would not be able to come with me when i move to attend grad school. we now live together in a condo that we own in AZ and i am leaving in july to go to DC for grad school. he isn''t able to come with me because we can''t sell the condo and he must stay behind to pay the mortgage - we all know the housing market SUCKS.
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
Anyway, i worked with a local jeweler to build my ring and it will be done on tuesday
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
i can''t wait to see it but, since i insisted that i get to do the ring, my FF wanted to maintain some *surprise element* so he will pick it up and decide how to ask me. i can''t wait to see what he does but i hope he does it SOON! i want to enjoy being engaged with him as much as possible before i leave in two months.
39.gif

now, into the REAL question (i.e. the post topic)

I have been a smoker for about 10 years and for about the last 2-3 i have only smoked while drinking. i NEVER have an urge outside of that but it seems to be completely IMPOSSIBLE to refrain when i''m drinking (and i''ve been told by a professor there''s an actual neurological basis to this phenomena thanks to brain chemistry). i REALLY want to cut this out because i don''t want to smoke on my wedding night after a few glasses of wine!! we don''t have a date yet or anything, and i''m sure it''s not going to be for a WHILE thanks to school, but i know it will take me a long time to quit. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and overcome. if so, PLEASE tell me how you did it! i''m open to ANY suggestions....
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2008 8:07:59 PM
Author: jmg124
kimberlyh - thanks for the threads!
You betcha. As a former smoker, I know how hard it is to quit. I literally holed up in my apartment for three weeks afterwards, with the exceiption of going to work and the grocery store. It was a painful process, and I was certainly emotional and moody, but I am so glad now, 4 years later, that I made the choice to quit. Perhaps remembering that it is a choice will help you.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure what the laws are in AZ, but as an FYI DC has banned all indoor smoking so that may help a little. Good luck!!!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
jmg, I don''t have any advice for you, but I wanted to commend you on your effort to quit smoking. I know it''s a hard thing to do, so good for you for making this decision :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results