shape
carat
color
clarity

soon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hehe!
I was at a family gathering this weekend, and everyone was badgering my bf and I about when we are going to get engaged. I said the usual "when we''re ready" etc, and he just shrugged and smiled.

Well, I was sitting in the nursery holding my bf''s new little niece, and he was down the hall with his brother. Anyway, I could hear a little of what they were saying, and his brother asked when we are going to get engaged, and my bf said "very soon". (Yay for having a keen sense of hearing!!)
THEN - my mum and his mum were whispering and giggling in the kitchen for ages. I couldn''t hear a word of what they were saying, because the baby was squealing very loudly. The paranoid girly side of me is convinced that the two of them are in cahoots and know when it is going to happen. hahah.

AHHHH!!!!
I had a very hard time trying to control my idiotic grin for the rest of the afternoon.

We go away in...18 days! Maybe then? Maybe before? After? Sigh.

I know my news is not really "news" and my post is pretty much ridiculous...but I am just feeling very excited and antsy today.

ehehhee!

31.gif
9.gif

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Yippie! No matter what the mothers were talking about, at least your boyfriend said "very soon"! Let''s just hope he meant girl soon!!! Hopefully you''ll have some exciting news in the near future!! Where are you going in 18 days?

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I hope its "girl soon", too.
Guy soon could be ages!haha

We're going on a mini-vacation to Quebec.
I am very excited!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 4:09:44 PM
Author: BeeBelle
I hope its ''girl soon'', too.
Guy soon could be ages!haha

We''re going on a mini-vacation to Quebec.
I am very excited!
Oh, really? Where?

How exciting for "very soon"!
36.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Hey Anchor,

That''s right - You go to school in Montreal!

We are going on a 5 day trip to Quebec.
We spend 2 days in Montreal. Then we take a train to Quebec City and spend 2 days there.
We get a 2 or 3 hour tour in both Montreal and Quebec City, as well as lots of free time to just explore for ourselves.

I am so excited!
I live in Southern Ontario and have always wanted to go to Quebec!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I was raised about an hour north from Montreal, I''ve just moved in the city with my FI. I like it, I hope you''ll enjoy it! I like QC a lot too, I hope you''ll tell us about your trip when you come back.

Where are you in ON? My mom''s family is from the Ottawa area.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I am really looking forward to it!
We got our itinerary a while back, so I got to look up all the places that our guided tour takes us! It all looks so beautiful!
I am just a little nervous - I can''t speak ANY French! haha. At least my bf can. I don''t originally come from Canada, and we weren''t taught to speak French...so I am completely lost when people speak French.
33.gif

We live in the Niagara Region, Ontario.

I''ll be sure to write all about my trip! I''ll have my laptop with me ( free wireless in the hotels), so if any NEWS occurs, I''ll be sure to post it ASAP!!!

I have a countdown going!
18 days...wooooo!!
I am really looking forward to seeing more of Canada!!!
And the possibility of a proposal, too! haha!
31.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Anchor, (and any others familiar with Quebec)

I thought I would post the places that we get to see on our guided tours and the streets that our hotels are on. I have been told that they are in a lovely area, which is great! I have no clue, as I have never been to Quebec...so I am trusting those who have been!

Our hotel in Montreal is on Rene-Levesque Blvd East.
On our tour we get to see: "Notre Dame Basilica, the Latin Quarter, the Olympic Complex, McGill University, the observation Point at the top of Mont Royal, along with 200 more points of interest", as stated by our itinterary

In QC our hotel is on De La Couronne Street.
On our tour we see: "the Latin Quarter, the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, the Fortifications, the National Assembly, Place Royale, and the Basilica, along with many other points of interest".

I am really excited to see all of these places, but I am also really excited to wander around and explore on my own!

Any advice to a tourist? Anywhere I simply MUST go to or experience??

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2007 10:21:51 PM
Author: BeeBelle
Anchor, (and any others familiar with Quebec)

I thought I would post the places that we get to see on our guided tours and the streets that our hotels are on. I have been told that they are in a lovely area, which is great! I have no clue, as I have never been to Quebec...so I am trusting those who have been!

Our hotel in Montreal is on Rene-Levesque Blvd East.
On our tour we get to see: ''Notre Dame Basilica, the Latin Quarter, the Olympic Complex, McGill University, the observation Point at the top of Mont Royal, along with 200 more points of interest'', as stated by our itinterary

In QC our hotel is on De La Couronne Street.
On our tour we see: ''the Latin Quarter, the Plains of Abraham, the Citadel, the Fortifications, the National Assembly, Place Royale, and the Basilica, along with many other points of interest''.

I am really excited to see all of these places, but I am also really excited to wander around and explore on my own!

Any advice to a tourist? Anywhere I simply MUST go to or experience??
Those sound like great tours! Just next to the Olympic complex is Maisonneuve Park, it''s a huge and gorgeous park, perfect for a picnic (and a proposal, that''s were my FI popped the question!). I''m sure you''ll have a great time. Bon voyage!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
BeeBelle!

I love the Oratoire St Joseph (one of the most beautiful churches EVER) in Montreal (I think it might be near or included in the Mount Royal observation point....which incidently is very nice in the summer, at night. I''ve spent so many nights there with my guy talking and looking over the city). The biodome is great too, near the olympic stadium so might already be included.

Dinner on one of the terraces on Crescent street!

And for shopping, walk right down the main street which is St Catherine (Cours Mont Royal for local designers)

And I have to sat this but Mcgill? Mcgill. Oh grrrr!
2.gif
Some school rivalry there.

Enjoy your trip!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Oooh that''s definitely (good) suspicious activity! We''ll keep our fingers crossed for you!

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your replies!

Anchor: I''ll be sure to visit the park you mentioned. I love going for walks in beautiful parks! Picnics are even better! My bf remembers the park from his visit to Montreal and he said it is really beautiful.

Allycat: We''re staying on Rene-Levesque blvd East - which eventually becomes St. Catherine Street, according to my google map. haha. I also checked for crescent street, and it is just a short walk from our hotel! I will be sure to try and have dinner on one of the terraces! How romantic! Oh gosh. I just had this very European/Parisian looking daydream of us having dinner by candle-light on a terrace. hahahah! I am a completely hopeless romantic!
When he told me he had booked the trip, he said he hoped we would stay near St. Catherine street. He was very excited when we were sent all of our trip info and he saw how close we are to it.

JenStone: Thanks so much! Believe me, I have my fingers crossed, too.

I am really looking forward to it. I have never looked forward to a trip so much.
It was my Christmas gift. He got a cute little Christmas card, and he placed the basic itinerary inside (we got sent a much more detailed itinterary a few weeks back). All he wrote was, "Montreal has the most unbelievable atmosphere, and I want to share it with you". I thought I was going to bawl. hahaha.

Ahhh...what a sweetie!
30.gif

17 days and counting.....
31.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh I hope you have some wonderful weather while you''re in our beautiful city! There''s just too many wonderful places for a proposal. I LOVED old Quebec too, so romantic, there''s some cobblestone roads that stopped my breath. Honestly, I went down to gaspé last summer, and I fell in love with the romantic maritime culture. It was trully dazzeling, so I''m really excited for you!

Now....heehee so what did you decide on for your ring
31.gif
31.gif
. I know you were looking at some different optionst BM stores, so do telll....

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Allycat,

I cannot even begin to explain how excited I am.
Cobblestone streets!? AH!
36.gif

I spoke to my boyfriend about dinner at one of the terraces on Crescent street, and he actually remembers the street and said he definately wants to go on one of the nights we are in Montreal! Hurrah!

I am so glad that I bought a new camera. My old one was awful, and last year I bought an expensive one that was completely out of my price-range...I felt bad about splurging on it for ages. The pictures that it captures are absolutely amazing, so I am glad that I have it for this trip!

The ring! hehe!
Ok, well we were looking everywhere - online and at B&M stores. We went to both chain and independent jewellers. All the rings I saw at the chain stores fell flat....they just didn''t sparkle like the ones I saw on Pricescope. We began to look online more and more, through PS vendors. We decided it would be best to look around a little more, so that I could try on a variety of shapes and styles before purchasing online.
We had heard many good things about a little independent jeweller, so decided to check it out.
I fell inlove with a classic, elegant solitaire setting. I don''t know why I was drawn to it....it is just a "normal solitaire", but it tapers so beautifully and was just the "right" thickness...I don''t know what it is exactly...I just loved it once I put it on. It had a princess-cut diamond in it, but princess-cut stones make my fingers look like sausages. haha. I don''t have very short fingers, but I certainly don''t have long piano-player fingers.
We asked him to recommend some diamonds in our price-range. He showed us quite a few, a few round, a marquise and an oval. One of the rounds completely blew the others away! It sparkled like mad.
All I remember is that it is: .70ct, VS2, G colour and excellent cut. I don''t remember any other specs...that was back in January...and well, I am AWFUL with remembering numbers. haha.
I will post them when I have the ring and appraisal!
Anyway, we decided on the super-sparkly round after MUCH deliberation and inspection.
I was a bit antsy about not seeing the ring "together" (round with the setting), but I could visualize the two together and I know that it must look lovely. I have yet to see how it came out...though my bf says that it is exactly what he has envisioned when he was looking for rings (he went by himself for a while). He said, "It''s classically beautiful, just like you!" (hahha...ever the charmer!!!)
He has shown it to his mum, best friend and I just found out today that he showed his oldest brother, and they all say it is beautiful. I am so excited. I don''t know if he has shown my mum. He is going to speak to her before he asks....and he wont tell me when he has spoken to her, because the proposal will "follow shortly after". as he says.

I thought I would want a bigger diamond...but when I tried on the .70 was just so perfectly proportioned to my hand. The .70 completely blew the 1 ct away in terms of sparkle and fire.
It is so pretty!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

I cannot wait to wear it everyday!!!!

Tomorrow will be 16 days!! AHHHHH! 2 weeks and 2 days till we leave...oh please, oh please I hope it happens while we are away. I don''t think I could last much longer knowing that he has it...and I want to see how it looks together. heheheh.

Ahhhhh...
30.gif
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Weeellll....can you really imagine having dinner in the old port of Quebec, maybe in one the fancy french resturants overlooking the cobbletone roads and NOT getting a proposal? There''s just too many places for a mega romantic proposal. And you have to admit, the timing is a little suspiscious... the ring is here and he''s taking you to a romantic vacation. Hmmmm....

You''re ring sounds divine, and you seem really excited about it. I don''t know how you''re able to wait to get your hot little hands on it. Although your man is showing admireable restraint. Mine got the ring, and he had said we would wait until our ten year anniversary...(which was like 6 months away) and he proposed that very weekend. In some ways, I think guys are just as excited as we are
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
i am soooo excited for you....sounds like your bf has been sneaky, eh? (eh, they say that in quebec alot, eh?hahaha)
emotion-5.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Allycat - Ahhhh. You are making me more and more excited! hehehe. I know the timing is rather suspicious...though, he booked the trip last November....so, I am trying to keep a level head. Th operative word being TRYING. It''s not working very well! I could not imagine a more romantic place for him to propose. This is also the first vacation we are going on without our families.
I lovvvve the ring we picked out. Well, the diamond and the setting. I have yet to see the two together. Ahhhhh! I can''t believe how he has held off! I am awful with surprises. I can''t wait to give or recieve them. I bought him an autographed original vinyl LP by Nirvana for Christmas, and the day it arrived I wanted to give it to him. I kept asking if he wanted to get his Christmas gift early and he made me wait till Christmas morning to give him. I had to hold onto it for 6 weeks and I was practically bursting, so this waiting on a ring I know he has is torture. haha! It''s a good thing that for the most part it''s the guy who proposes, because I would never ever be able to keep it a secret!

Iwannaprettyone: Thanks so much!!! I read your post about the AHH HAH moment. How sweet!!! I love it when my guy takes care of me when I am sick. It just further reminds me of how lucky I am to have him. How exciting for you - before the year is out you will be a FIANCE!
My bg if being very sneaky. I know he has something up his sleeve. I was chatting to him earlier about engagement and marriage, and he says that he knows exactly when, where and how he is going to propose and he knows that I am going to be bawling. I don''t cry very easily...so I have no clue what he''s up to. He is such a sweetheart and is very romantic...so I cannot even begin to imagine what he is going to do. AHHH!!!!

Gosh.

16 days till we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31.gif
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your ring sounds beautiful BeeBelle!
30.gif
And I have to agree with my friend ally here... My FI intended to wait until our 3rd anniversary 6 weeks away, and he proposed within an hour of getting the ring!
5.gif
Besides, what better place than Québec to propose?
31.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Anchor!
I hope the ring turns out as beautifully as my mind has imagined it to be! haha!

Gosh, your guy didn''t wait either?
He IS showing admiral restraint then!
He is very adamant that he is going to make the proposal as special as he can, since I have seen the diamond and setting. Plus, he has the most patient and calm person I have EVER met. He is never flustered by anything. Maybe that''s why he can wait...I, on the other hand would be bursting at the seams!!!haha!

I can''t wait!
From everything that all of you had told me, Quebec sounds fabulous! heheh!
36.gif
36.gif

I seriosuly feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas! It''s ridiculous.
25.gif

15 days to go!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Oh, how I remember being that excited too! It was just a year ago... I can''t wait to hear about your trip!

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
hehe!
I can''t wait to tell everyone about the trip..hopefully I will have "ring" news.
Even if I don''t, at least the trip will be fabulous!!

Oh please, let me have "ring" news! hahaha!
31.gif
27.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results